PDA

View Full Version : Sam Broadcaster - Unable to send data fast enough

metaloz
04-14-2009, 11:39 AM
I just started running the Heavy Metal stream at Rock Nation Radio (www.rocknationradio.com) and I'm finding that Sam Broadcaster is telling me it's 'unable to send data fast enough. Encoding paused until buffer clears..."

The error seems to occur around 6.30pm (Australian Eastern Time) and persists for about 4-8 hours. At first I thought it was my ISP, but the uplink on my connection is plenty to handle the streams I run. I'm running a 128k Broadband stream, and a 32k Dialup. My upload speed is around 300kb/s which should easily cater for these streams.

The machine I'm running here is a core2quad 2.4ghz, 2gb Ram. I'm using the onboard sound card which may be part of the problem but I highly doubt it.

I've tried streaming with the standard MP3 encoders as well as the Lame MP3 ones, and I still have the same result.

I've searched on the Spacial Audio forums for a solution, but it seems like they haven't got a clue what the error is let alone how to resolve it. :doh:

If anyone could possibly shed some light on a solution to this problem I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance. I hope this isn't posted anywhere else on the site, I did search but couldn't find this problem anywhere.

MarcAlle
04-14-2009, 12:46 PM
Hello metaloz,

The answer to your problem lies in one of two places, or both. It is either on your end, or on your servers end (streaming server). Your upload speed may be 300kb/s, but it can fluctuate, therefore making it go lower than you expected. IF it occurs around that time, it could be a high peak on either your ISP's side, lowering your speed, or it could be a high load on your server provider's bandwidth, in which case they are probably overselling their bandwidth and you may consider looking elsewhere (somewhere with a free trial perhaps) to check if it is your internet or if it was the server providers.

Hope that helps you out!

Nick@SS
04-14-2009, 02:02 PM
unable to send data fast enough is the source upstream struggling to maintain the bitrate chosen,

Wait it out for a while and see if it resolves itself.

i would say its not the hosting company im my experience and if it continues as marccus says it might be worth trying a different host on a trial as it may just be the isp's connectivity to that server location may be poor.

Many hosts offer multi homed servers these days so you can rent your server anywhere in the world and your host may have a different location for you to try.

have a chat with them they may be able to help.

metaloz
04-14-2009, 02:11 PM
Hey Marc, thanks for the fast reply, much appreciated. I was hoping it would be an issue with Sam Broadcaster itself, that would make it much easier to deal with. lol.

I've just recently changed ISP's and am locked into a 24 month contract with them. My last ISP was Bigpond.com.au which are probably the largest broadband supplier in Australia, and I was suffering the exact same problem while with them also, and the Bigpond account was a 30mbit cable connection.

I spoke to my ISP earlier today and they're going to get back to me in regards to the matter as they told me their connection would be able to handle the stream and they had other people broadcasting as well. I honestly hope they didn't lead me up the garden path on this as I"m locked in to their services for 2 years.

I have done a tracert in the command prompt window as well as a ping test. the ping test came through ok, but the router trace looked a little dodgy to me, as there were *'s where there should have been time markers.

Hopefully my ISP will be able to get back to me regarding their side of the situation. It's drivin me crazy, as I think a lot of people aren't tuning into the station due to the problems in the stream at the moment.

metaloz
04-14-2009, 02:40 PM
unable to send data fast enough is the source upstream struggling to maintain the bitrate chosen,

Wait it out for a while and see if it resolves itself.

i would say its not the hosting company im my experience and if it continues as marccus says it might be worth trying a different host on a trial as it may just be the isp's connectivity to that server location may be poor.

Many hosts offer multi homed servers these days so you can rent your server anywhere in the world and your host may have a different location for you to try.

have a chat with them they may be able to help.

Thanks for the fast reply Nick, I really do appreciate the help. I actually think you hit the nail on the head with the ISP's connectivity to the server being poor. When I did the router trace and ping test on the line here, it seems to get blocked in a few places. There are servers that won't even load in the browser.

I'll get the owner of the station to contact the stream host asap and hopefully they may be able to fix things at their end or possibly re-locate the server for us to try that way.

Once again thanks so much for the fast replies, I'll keep you posted as to how things pan out with the server. :biggrinthumb:

MarcAlle
04-14-2009, 02:48 PM
If it is getting stopped somewhere between your internet connection and the server, it is most likely a routing issue regarding the server, or the bandwidth that is coming into that server. Great advice Nick on having them try moving the server, I think that this would be best. If the problem continues to exist, it could be your ISP, but with a traceroute result such as yours, I'm doubting it. Although I don't have the actual traceroute to see where it 'dies' at.

shoutcaststreaming
04-14-2009, 05:32 PM
Download a copy of WinMTR and run it for 100 iterations between your PC and your Stream Host. It's like a traceroute, but keeps on running. It is a better tool to diagnose issues.

http://winmtr.sourceforge.net/winmtr_bin.zip

It will tell you what is happening at every hop from you to the server. It's been our experience that the issue is usually somewhere in the middle.

It's also good ammo to show to your ISP or stream host when trying to get your peering or server changed.

GKIye
04-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Hi Metaloz,
Did you checked your "Packages - Latency" at your SAM config ?
See "Config" > "Audio Mixer Pipeline" > click "Air Out" > tab "Output" and see "Buffer Settings" for "Packets" and "Packet Time"
If you expire problems in sending your data you can try to use these settings, in general they are way to high .. but they give the right results in solving similar problems ...
set "Packets" at 15
set "Packet time" at 50ms
This gonna give you a max latency of 750ms
This has to solve your problem in delivering your data to the net, if not you have to check your support service of your provider

Into the same frame (SAM config > Output) to solve the following .. set your "Output driver" to "Silent Output"
and "Output Device" to "No sound device required"
Basicly there is no need to use your soundcard ...

I'm using the onboard sound card which ...
Just as an inquiry .. an upstream of 300kbps isn't that much
This don't means that you have a fix 300 kbps upstream .. depends to what your provider is offering (stability etc)
Except the stream produced by the SAM encoder there's also other data who's send by SAM (song pages updates, updates to audiorealm etc)
and most important .. not only SAM sends data .. also your pc is using the same upstream to send data (pings), to send emails etc etc
Important is : run your SAM on an own machine (pc) .. so don't use that pc for any other things unless for streaming ...

Hope this helps.

bigloo
04-16-2009, 01:11 AM
As stated in spacial audio's forums, this error is typically a problem somewhere BETWEEN you and the server. It doesn't rule out the server, your computer, your ISP or your modem/router, but most times it is something in between. Running WinMTR as stated above can help you pinpoint the clog.

If it's your PC/Modem or Router, sometimes a simple reboot of each will help.

metaloz
04-18-2009, 05:59 AM
Thanks for the replies and help everyone, I really appreciate everything! I think I have the problem sorted out now. I contacted my ISP telling them what was going on with my stream, and they actually ran all the tests. I noticed my modem dropped out for around 10-15 mintues the day after I spoke to them. Now the buffering problem has stopped, which is brilliant.

It definately must have been a faulty connection somewhere between my ISP and the server.

Once again, thanks so much for the advice and help!!! You guys ROCK!!

MarcAlle
04-18-2009, 01:30 PM
We're glad to see you got the problem resolved! Another BW success story!

Blazin 97
04-18-2009, 02:14 PM
This had happened to me once or twice, and it turned out to by my stream hosts fault, not mine.

bigloo
04-18-2009, 03:47 PM
This error is becomming more and more common it seems. Most times it is something between you and the server. However I did have someone who was having this problem. Once they told me they hadn't rebooted their PC in over 9 months, I suggested a reboot and sure enough it worked.

We just need to rememeber that the internet is not a perfect place.

metaloz
04-20-2009, 06:31 AM
I think I may have spoken too soon. Last night I had the same problems arise again. It's strange that it's pretty much at the same time every night almost without fail. I must have just had a lucky couple of nights.

I am pretty sure this problem is to do with our stream host. I'll chat with the station owner in regards to maybe getting our host server re-located as suggested earlier in the thread.

Hopefully something will resolve this problem soon as the stream problems are occuring during our peak time here in Australia (7.30pm- approx. 11.00pm)

Brutish Sailor
04-20-2009, 06:53 AM
to test your speed without the ISP's help (to know if they are screwing you)

www.speedtest.net

metaloz
04-20-2009, 07:14 AM
I just checked the speed of the connection. It seem sto be running fast enough, and this is with the stream running. I'll check the same test when I start having the buffering probs again, and see if there's much difference.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/456025015.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

Brutish Sailor
04-20-2009, 08:01 AM
Somethings WAY wrong with that picture.

.25 upload is 250 kbps max roughly.

4 down and .25 up????

Your ISP is screwing you. I would ask a neighbor or friend with the same ISP to run a test and compare.

Brutish Sailor
04-20-2009, 08:02 AM
ESPECIALLY WITH 48 ms pings.

Brutish Sailor
04-20-2009, 08:05 AM
http://www.speedtest.net/result/456043060.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

and that's with DSL crappy service. The only difference is I stream at 96 kbps, so I don't want them to see my upload usage.

otherwise Im screwed if they troubleshoot me.

metaloz
04-20-2009, 08:36 AM
yeah my uplink speed is only max of 300kbs which does suck. I've looked around for other ISPs here in Australia, but most of them offer very similar speeds unless you go onto a business plan which is pretty expensive.

I've ran the stream on slightly less bandwidth than this without drama's, albeit it was a different s/c host. As far as I know our host is Mixstream which seem to get a pretty good rap with their service, hopefully re-locating the server to a US based server will help the issue. I noticed that my route hits the US before it hits the UK where the host has our server set.

James
04-20-2009, 08:42 AM
yeah my uplink speed is only max of 300kbs which does suck. I've looked around for other ISPs here in Australia, but most of them offer very similar speeds unless you go onto a business plan which is pretty expensive.

I've ran the stream on slightly less bandwidth than this without drama's, albeit it was a different s/c host. As far as I know our host is Mixstream which seem to get a pretty good rap with their service, hopefully re-locating the server to a US based server will help the issue. I noticed that my route hits the US before it hits the UK where the host has our server set.
I am with iiNet in Australia. They have their own gear instead of Telstra in nearluy every exchange in Australia. You can always give them a try (ask to see if they give a trial or a 30 day money back etc...).

They are great and they dont count uploads but they split the download time to peak and off-peak. Or there is Internode.

metaloz
04-20-2009, 10:09 AM
I am with iiNet in Australia. They have their own gear instead of Telstra in nearluy every exchange in Australia. You can always give them a try (ask to see if they give a trial or a 30 day money back etc...).

They are great and they dont count uploads but they split the download time to peak and off-peak. Or there is Internode.

I just signed up recently with Netspace so I'm unfortunately tied into a contract with them for a period of time. Thanks for the up's on iiNet though mate, I'll keep them in mind just in case things don't work out with Netspace here.

Many thanks for all the help, I'll keep this updated as things hopefully get better.. one can only hope.

GKIye
04-20-2009, 01:35 PM
I don't know if you mentioned my earlier reply concerning the settings of your max latency into SAM ?
An easy question :
Do you have a dynamic IP as client to your provider ?
If yes, this can be part of your problem .. and can be the reason that you're disconnected or have a non-stable connection after the dynamic IP at a specific time during Night or early morning is changed by your provider

I think I may have spoken too soon. Last night I had the same problems arise again.

Brutish Sailor
04-20-2009, 05:16 PM
Very true. Call them and check to see if you are static.

metaloz
04-25-2009, 03:39 PM
I have a dynamic IP address. The only plans through this company that offer static IP's are the business plans which are a little on the expensive side.

It's actually geting worse than normal. I re-formatted the computer here back to windows XP thinking that Vista may be the cause of some of the problems. I think Vista was playing havoc with my mic making it sound like it was underwater, but it definately wasn't the issue with the buffering.

I've ran a few of the tests, but I can't decipher head or tale of them. If I post some of the results could anyone tell if there's a problem? Just let me know what to post.

metaloz
04-25-2009, 03:53 PM
Here's a WinMTR reading. It looks like i'm losing nearly all sent data near the end of the route.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8729/winmtr.jpg

MarcAlle
04-25-2009, 04:02 PM
Here's a WinMTR reading. It looks like i'm losing nearly all sent data near the end of the route.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8729/winmtr.jpg

Since most of the data is being lost at the end, I would almost be certian that there is a problem either in the datacenter, or the connecting line going into the datacenter. I would consider looking at a different host and checking to see if that clears your problem up, but other that, there really is nothing you can do.

Most likely cause is the hosting company overselling their bandwidth, not having a good reliable connection, or faulty equipment inside the DataCenter.

shoutcaststreaming
04-25-2009, 11:32 PM
Since most of the data is being lost at the end, I would almost be certian that there is a problem either in the datacenter, or the connecting line going into the datacenter. I would consider looking at a different host and checking to see if that clears your problem up, but other that, there really is nothing you can do.

Most likely cause is the hosting company overselling their bandwidth, not having a good reliable connection, or faulty equipment inside the DataCenter.If you took the time to analyze the data you will clearly see that the stream goes from:
Austrailia > Hong Kong > Tokyo > Chicago (US) > United Kingdom

Before I accuse someone of overselling bandwidth and having faulty equipment and try to sell them on another stream host, I would use the technical approach to solve this issue.

The question you should be asking is why is the bandwidth peering going all around the world and back again. No wonder you are timing out .. your stream could go to the moon and back faster than this route.

MarcAlle
04-26-2009, 12:27 AM
I do apologize, as I did not have my glasses on this morning (Just got new ones and picked them up today in fact). I could only guess what they said, and now that I can see, its not even close to what I thought. Those hops are VERY unusual, and I do not understand why they would be doing that.

The only thing I could think of would be the way the datacenter receives bandwidth, or how your provider communicates globally. Either one is VERY sketchy so I do not know which it would be.

I would encourage you to ask your streaming provider if you could get onto a different server, possibly closer to your area? This would in a sense, reduce the number of hops it would take to get there.

P.S. I wasn't trying to sell them on another host, but suggest to try a different one if possible, to check their hops to see if you reproduce the same issue.

shoutcaststreaming
04-26-2009, 02:16 AM
Agreed.

The way the peering is set up is very important in a data center. There are many routes from your broadcast PC to a data center.

The DC has the ability to change the routes whenever there are 'issues' with one or more carriers.

We had one that went from Glendale to Los Angeles (10 miles). But the circuit went from Glendale to San Jose back down to LAX (800 miles). The circuit went through ABOVE.net and took about 40 msecs instead of 15 msecs. No clue why they did it this way.

If the time is about 150 msecs or lower, your stream should be OK. The higher the bitrate your stream is (128k, 192k, etc.) the more important the ping times are.

bigloo
04-26-2009, 08:23 PM
Looking at the IP you are using WinMTR for, it is located at FDC. Being that it's at FDC, well, let's just say that FDC is on my list of DO NOT USE... but I won't say another word on them. However I will add that I have a server with BellOnline which is also Mixstream and it is not at FDC.... and has been very solid. I believe the one I am on is at Steadfast. My point is BellOnline (mixstream) provides great low cost servicing. FDC on the other hand.....

MarcAlle
04-26-2009, 08:37 PM
I also am not a fan of FDC, just because of their use of Cogent bandwidth. I do not like it, as it has not been nice to us in the past. This is why we have been Cogent free for 3 years now!

metaloz
04-28-2009, 06:54 AM
It might sound like a bit of a naieve question, but what is the FDC? Whatever it is sounds bad.

MarcAlle
04-28-2009, 11:51 AM
FDC is the name of a datacenter company. Google 'FDC Servers' and you should be able to find some stuff.

bigloo
04-28-2009, 02:02 PM
FDC offers low cost dedicated servers, especially for unmetered service.

shoutcaststreaming
04-28-2009, 04:33 PM
FDC is not a database company, but a Data Center which leases dedicated servers. They usually have good prices in bandwidth and a lot of the 'low cost' stream hosts use them as their DC.

However, there has been some issues in the past. Two years ago, a Blade Router failed and they had no back-up and ALL customers went down for 4 days.

They obtained another one from Cisco, but it was on a Friday and then didn't get it to install until Monday or Tuesday. A lot of customers complained about the fact that they didn't overnight it by Federal Express. The elected not to have the additional charge special Saturday shipping by FedEX, for whatever reason. As a result, they lost many customers.

This is how many stream hosts can give you 100 slots at 30 cents per stream. It is cheap shared bandwidth.

bigloo
04-28-2009, 11:55 PM
I remember when that happened. Man, bad memories of that. What can you do. I ended up finding a new providers to fill the gap but kept FDC for a while... then end of 2008 is when I said enough is enough.

Whenever you hear someone say... "you get what you pay for", particularly when we talk about low cost servers, FDC always comes to mind.

Oh and lets not forget that if you say anything negative about their service support forum.... you get banned. When the blade incident happened, many folks got banned from the support forum.

Lou

Alan Kidd
05-02-2009, 04:36 PM
I had this problem that plagued me for months. It was all down to the ISP provider reducing the bandwidth allocation at Peak times, early evening. You will just have to wait it out until your ISP provider invests in more FAT pipes or you change to a package without contention ratio's or try another ISP but grill them first before moving. I do not have this problem now, I just waited it out. Do not waste your time touching anything on your computer .. really its out with your control.

Best wishes
AK

MADcHATTER
05-02-2009, 08:40 PM
I had run into this on SAM3 a couple of times. The problem seemed to actually be in my Router. I have my MaxMTU set to 1500. Seems this was too high. I set the router down to 1425 and sequential cycled the Modem/Router/PC and walla it worked. Every so often though (very rarely) my bandwidth will drop from my ISP and cause the same issue. Not much i can do about that except, again, Sequence Powercycle and it seems to clear it.

I recently had an issue on my modem where my download was perfect but my upload speed (which should be 1 meg) would not get above 40k outside of the Charter Network (inside of charters network it was perfect) for example: Using the charter.speedtest.tn.com showed me at 1 meg, but Speedtest or Speakeasy...under 40k. It took Charter 2 weeks to figure out a bad OC-12 outbound Fiberoptic connection to their backbone was the cause. If only they had listened to me in the first place! lol.

MADcHATTER

kwdservices
05-02-2009, 09:26 PM
I also am not a fan of FDC, just because of their use of Cogent bandwidth. I do not like it, as it has not been nice to us in the past. This is why we have been Cogent free for 3 years now!

They don't use Cogent anymore, now they use mostly Comcast.

You should be using Comcast for peering, not transit.

MarcAlle
05-03-2009, 12:57 AM
They don't use Cogent anymore, now they use mostly Comcast.

They use Comcast now? I've also had not the best luck with comcast, granted they are much better than Cogent.

kwdservices
05-03-2009, 01:53 AM
They use Comcast now? I've also had not the best luck with comcast, granted they are much better than Cogent.

Yup. It is mostly Comcast if you buy a server on their shared or dedicated (not Internap) network.

Yeah, Comcast is pretty bad too. I got a server from FDC about 3 months ago just to see if the quality had improved any with the Comcast change because I was curious and it was the same terrible quality.

Comcast's residential services aren't any better either....

MarcAlle
05-03-2009, 02:10 AM
Yup. It is mostly Comcast if you buy a server on their shared or dedicated (not Internap) network.

Yeah, Comcast is pretty bad too. I got a server from FDC about 3 months ago just to see if the quality had improved any with the Comcast change because I was curious and it was the same terrible quality.

Comcast's residential services aren't any better either....

Great, now we have to run even further away lol. My legs are getting tired ;)

Comcast for both residential and commercial have SUCKED any time I've used them. VERY unreliable, they always seemed to be performing maintenance. If it wasn't maintenance, it was an 'oops, we confused your account with another that was terminated. Please wait another 24 hours to restore...' It was bull.

Comcast-:censored: you... (Thats all I have to say)

kwdservices
05-03-2009, 02:14 AM
Great, now we have to run even further away lol. My legs are getting tired ;)

Comcast for both residential and commercial have SUCKED any time I've used them. VERY unreliable, they always seemed to be performing maintenance. If it wasn't maintenance, it was an 'oops, we confused your account with another that was terminated. Please wait another 24 hours to restore...' It was bull.

Comcast-:censored: you... (Thats all I have to say)

Yeah, it was never good for me either. What annoyed me is after I canceled they kept withdrawing my money from the bank and then sent a refund check a couple months later...

GKIye
05-03-2009, 04:32 AM
Hi Marc,
Comcast are those the same as comcast.com as in @comcast.com ?
Maybe a stupid question ...
But We at Belgium do have almost "no" way to send any email to an @comcast.com or @aol.com account
Everytime and all the way our email is recognized as "spam" however its regular email for example send from friend A to friend B .. no matter what Belgian provider is used (@telenet @belgacom @skynet etc etc)
Anoying for sure .. somebody with such an account .. if they send an email to for example my country has to mention a 2nd account - such as gmail or other to receive an answer
Stupid isn't ?
I heard from US contact already a lot of negative feedback of their services

Comcast for both residential and commercial have SUCKED any time

MarcAlle
05-03-2009, 05:07 AM
Yup, as in the comcast.com people. They suck lol (just in case you havent figured out my opinion yet ;) )

GKIye
05-03-2009, 05:39 AM
I understood every word of it :) LOL

just in case you havent figured out my opinion yet
I can't get it that those providers are that big and offer such a bad service
Is that "spam" issue also a problem at the US .. if a message is send from a non-comcast to a @comcast account ?
it really sucks .. because We are often not able to send somebody an answer for reason of what I wrote into my earlier reply ..
so people can think that We don't want to answer ... however We are not able to do :(

MarcAlle
05-03-2009, 05:50 AM
I'm not sure if it is an issue. I know that not many people block emails from our company, Stream101. I have heard of out of country people being blocked by Comcast in order to reduce spam. I guess it just depends on how their filters are setup, but I believe that most US-US Comcast emails go through.

metaloz
05-03-2009, 08:17 AM

This could also be part of the problem then, I have a feeling our stream runs through the Comcast server. I've got a few readings that I have to send to my ISP to check out. They have assured me that the won't be changing my uplink speed, and that there should be enough bandwidth to upload the stream. They did ask for me to trace the route for them though and send them the readings so they can check it out.

The problem is pretty bad as it's happening at least once per track in a 3 to 4 hour period every day. To make matters worse it's at my 'prime' listeing time.

kwdservices
05-03-2009, 03:10 PM
This could also be part of the problem then, I have a feeling our stream runs through the Comcast server. I've got a few readings that I have to send to my ISP to check out. They have assured me that the won't be changing my uplink speed, and that there should be enough bandwidth to upload the stream. They did ask for me to trace the route for them though and send them the readings so they can check it out.

The problem is pretty bad as it's happening at least once per track in a 3 to 4 hour period every day. To make matters worse it's at my 'prime' listeing time.

I haven't been keeping up with this thread, so I apologize if this has already been mentioned, but I would really recommend trying out a few more stream hosts that aren't using FDC.

MarcAlle
05-03-2009, 05:02 PM
I haven't been keeping up with this thread, so I apologize if this has already been mentioned, but I would really recommend trying out a few more stream hosts that aren't using FDC.

I very much agree with this. Check out the review page for the Stream Hosts and find one that will work for you!

dotme
05-04-2009, 03:08 PM
Jumping in late here, but this isn't likely to be solved by simply switching hosts (Although, a better host will help)

Australia to the US or UK involves a lot of hops, and looking at your WinMTR output, latency exceeding 400ms on some hops. There's no way to sustain a 128k stream with that much latency.

There are some measures I would consider though, that would greatly improve quality of service.

1) Where is your core audience? Rent a shoutcast server in their country.
2) To get the stream to that server, assuming it's not in Australia, a *relay* is going to have better reliability than pushing the stream all that way with SAM Encoders.

If your ISP doesn't block ports, encode to a shoutcast server on your PC, then relay to the public server. If it does block ports, consider finding a shoutcast provider in Australia that will rent you a very small server, and then relay from there to the main server.

SAM's encoders are more sensitive than a shoutcast relay setup. No idea why, but if you look at Spacial's forums, many "unable to send data fast enough" issues have been resolved by nailing up a local DNAS and relaying.

wildun
05-04-2009, 08:20 PM
One alternative would be to use a vps to send up your stream rather than a home pc. This has proven to be a worthwhile investment for many stations. Several stream services offer this option. You install sam on the vps, set up the encoders and run worry free. These aren't real expensive, I think around $30-$40 a month. Is what I would do had I not already invested in my own connection. My personal recommendation would be Fast-Serv for a vps.

Randy
05-04-2009, 08:42 PM
From australia the typical latency we see to our west coast DC is 170-200ms. I notice on your WinMTR you're getting HUGE latency, combined with horid packet loss towards the end of the route. Either problem would be a killer, but you have both problems making it really, really bad.

My recommendation would be to ping/traceroute test some providers who have servers on the west coast of the US and choose the host with the minimum latency and packet loss. Or as Wildun suggested invest in a VPS-based playout system.

Cheers

kwdservices
05-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Jumping in late here, but this isn't likely to be solved by simply switching hosts (Although, a better host will help)

I didn't mean that would fix his problem, just meant that he needs to try that before doing anything else.

MixStream.net
05-04-2009, 09:50 PM
The reseller that this person buys the server from contacted me with this problem.

It looks like the peering between the user's ISP and FDC might not be that good, the ping times are pretty high. I've offered them a trial on a server located at Steadfast so that might improve things.

This is why we have servers located in 8 different locations around the world ;)

I'd like to point out that, although FDC aren't as bad as some people think (they have improved a lot over the last year or two), we don't host many of our servers there (and anyone buying servers on our Premium plans don't ever get put on FDC's network).

wildun
05-04-2009, 10:16 PM
A few too many when I posted that.. Glad my birthday is over.. lol.

RNRDroid
05-05-2009, 07:21 PM
The reseller that this person buys the server from contacted me with this problem.

It looks like the peering between the user's ISP and FDC might not be that good, the ping times are pretty high. I've offered them a trial on a server located at Steadfast so that might improve things.

This is why we have servers located in 8 different locations around the world ;)

I'd like to point out that, although FDC aren't as bad as some people think (they have improved a lot over the last year or two), we don't host many of our servers there (and anyone buying servers on our Premium plans don't ever get put on FDC's network).

I'm the owner of Rock Nation Radio Network. When I sent my concern to the reseller he immediately got in touch with you & within a few minutes he replied to me with your offer to try a new IP : PORT to see if it would rectify the problem.

As of last night metaloz has been using that new stream & I'll find out later today when he comes online if the problem has indeed been eliminated.

I want to thank you personally for your quick response to our problem & hope to continue doin' business together.

metaloz
05-06-2009, 08:03 AM

Thanks very much for the fast response to the problem, it is greatly appreciated. I ran the stream through the server you have given me to try and the stream ran flawlessly. It looks like location is the key to the problem at hand. It was definately a breath of fresh air to see no buffering errors throughout the night.

Thanks to everyone here at BW for all the advise and help regarding this problem, hopefully it will help other stations that are having the same problem to resolve the issue. I'll definitely be recommending MixStream to anyone who needs a host server, the response time for troubleshooting is second to none!!

bigloo
05-07-2009, 01:30 PM
We have one of our servers through Mixstream and.... they ROCK!

HELP
02-18-2010, 01:34 PM
Hey, i was wondering if you'd help me too, I have the same problem, and yeah i know this forum was done last year but i need help, it was working fine the other day but now it says the same. I was looking all over the internet to find an answer but i just cant find one until i came here and all these guys where telling you. Please will you help me solve the problem as i am only 12 :);):D:lol::confused:

Help me please.

Brutish Sailor
02-18-2010, 03:38 PM
start from the beginning, what is your problem...

wildun
02-18-2010, 04:08 PM
My experience has shown that my router has been the culprit. A reboot of the router usually takes care of the problem. Not sure it's your situation, only posting for others that may find the same problem.

shoutcaststreaming
02-18-2010, 04:36 PM
Please will you help me solve the problem as i am only 12
You need to run the WinMTR test for 100 iterations (as described above) and post the results here and we will analyze them for you.

EricVdM
02-18-2010, 05:41 PM
it's also posible that your connection is the problem, I mean, here in Belgium I have a connection true viber cable and when there are to many poeple loged in on the internet it's getting slower. I changed my kind of connection to a very fast connection with a 1,25 Mbps upload and the problem was solved.
Hope this helps a little bit

cptsparkle
10-11-2010, 03:39 PM
I know this issue was covered what, two years ago.

It is happening to me big time right now so bad I can't connect to the streaming server at times through SAM.

I have read extensively this thread as well as several threads on Spacial Audio's site covering the same issue. I performed all the same quick fixes and guidance that was covered and offered in all the threads by the contributors and am ready for more help.

My show is Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5PM Pacific time. The issue just started roughly three weeks ago. When using either WinMTR or Ping Plotter they both show 7 steps between me, the source to the streamer (SWCast), the destination. My upload speed is very acceptable all the way until it gets to one particular router in Chicago. It is an FDC router and in researching this issue, I found FDC is somewhat problematic with their connectivity integrity.

I consistently receive anywhere from a 20% to 50% or more Packet Loss at this one particular router. Over the entire data patch there are no points of Packet Loss other than this one particular router.

Is there anyway to go around that router? Can the station I broadcast for request another IP from SWCast in-order to make the data path different as to avoid this errant router?

I'm starting to get frustrated. My ISP is COMCAST. I've written three times with replies from them. I did the phone call to their tech support twice and did the online chat thing with them twice. They always state their is a problem at that data point but they always say they will submit a "Top Priority" work request and nothing.

So, what can I do?

Thanks for any guidance, tips or consideration you good folks may have.

Wayne, aka: cptsparkle

GKIye
10-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Hi Wayne,
I know everyone has a similar issue once in a while ... it happens
but already 3 weeks ... is a long time
I surely hope maybe somebody of the stream providers can help you out ...
example : by making a teststream to their servers, that way somebody you know as BW member can judge your problem ...
To my knowledge its mostly an issue that appears at the providers, but its logical that they don't gonna tell that they are the source of your problem
Good luck !
ps: just an idea ... = Do you have the same problem at the time you stream at a friends place ? With, for example an other provider ?

cptsparkle
10-11-2010, 07:56 PM
The issue kept getting worse over the course of three weeks.

I've volunteered with other stations streaming through SWCast and if they only physically stream from one location, I would venture to speculate I've had to deal with this particular router before.

Ahhh, you gave me an idea. I'll try and ping them from my confuser at work tomorrow.

Thanks mucho.

shoutcaststreaming
10-11-2010, 11:31 PM
I consistently receive anywhere from a 20% to 50% or more Packet Loss at this one particular router.That's not good.

We would be glad to give you a test server to see if the issue goes away. Where are you? East Coast, West Coast or Europe?

Send me a PM and we will get you working.

GKIye
10-12-2010, 02:25 AM
@ shoutcaststreaming :
a wonderful idea ! (Y)

ps ... just for the record : with provider I meant ... the compagny who connects you as client to the www ...
so not a streamprovider ...

Good luck Wayne !

shoutcaststreaming
10-14-2010, 12:38 AM
CPTSPARKLE, I haven't heard from you.

Did you sort out your issue ? Or you're not interested in trying to diagnose it ?

Let me know.

GKIye
10-14-2010, 12:52 AM
Maybe he (Wayne) is only available during weekends or during a day off ?
I don't know for sure ... its only my 2 cents of brainstorming :)

Metaldrumz
12-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Hi. I am also getting this message.

I have been with my stream provider since November of 2009 and never had a problem. However yesterday I recieved an email from my stream provider this message.

"We are currently experiencing a network outage at our datacenter. We will keep you informed of the situation as we obtain information. If possible, please refrain from submitting support requests at this time"

Supposedly the streams have been back up for about 15 hours but I am still getting the message "Unable to send data fast enough. Encoding paused until data clears."

I have never had a problem before this latest outage.

Does anyone have a test stream I can try using SAM to see if its the hosting company still? I would hate to spend money on a new company if the problem were to still exist. I just find it odd that my stream hosting company had an outage and now all of a sudden I have this problem even though I never had them in the past for a year. I also tested on my laptop and got the same message so I know its not a PC issue.

Any help is appreciated! I can be contacted also on AIM under the same username as this one here.

Thanks in advance!

Nick@SS
12-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Grab your self a free 24 hour trial here.

http://www.streamsolutions.co.uk/resources/trial_servers

That should give you plenty of time to see what's happening

cptsparkle
12-16-2010, 05:43 PM
Download a copy of WinMTR and run it for 100 iterations between your PC and your Stream Host. It's like a traceroute, but keeps on running. It is a better tool to diagnose issues.

http://winmtr.sourceforge.net/winmtr_bin.zip

It will tell you what is happening at every hop from you to the server. It's been our experience that the issue is usually somewhere in the middle.

It's also good ammo to show to your ISP or stream host when trying to get your peering or server changed.

Do exactly what Shoutcast man stated.

Run WINMTR or Ping Plotter the way he stated and you will be enlightened.

As the majority of the responders stated, the issue is most likely between you and the streamer.

This occured to me and it ended up a particular server farm in Chicago between me and the streamer.

Good Luck!

Metaldrumz
12-16-2010, 05:51 PM
Just odd that I hadn't had any issues for almost a year prior to this outage. Hopefully I can get a test feed and see if it's doing it there as well.

Jeff JT Turner
03-13-2011, 01:57 AM
Interesting thread, I'm having this issue currently with SAM 4.7.3 - I'll try some of these.

andhow
05-20-2011, 09:37 AM
Been having the same problems here in New Zealand. The latency starts between my router and external gateway. :retard:

Telecom NZ has done quite thorough investigation at my request due to a formal complaint and can find no faults. But when it actually happens I cannot get past the helpdesk in Manila to talk to a tech, by the time I get a tech to test the pipes...the problem is not happening. I have purchased a better router from a retailer, just to be sure.

I personally think it may be a denial of service attack on my router when it actually happens. Detecting Chinese primary and secondary schools with my sniffer, they spend a lot of time scanning for open ports. Little bastards. :mad:
I have been successful blocking the subnets of the schools when I find them with some success.

garybaldy72uk
05-20-2011, 09:56 AM
Never had a buffer error since i switched to Edcast to stream my station i think personally its a SAM problem which has been on the go for a Long time and yet again nothings been sorted!

andhow
05-20-2011, 10:02 AM
Nope, I could trace the problem as incoming to the router and not from SAM.

Been running for 38 days now and no replication of the issue, with no downtime or the latency in the stream. :clap:

garybaldy72uk
05-20-2011, 10:03 AM
38 days WOW i was lucky if i got 7 days uptime with SAM!

andhow
05-20-2011, 10:23 AM
Runs very smoothly and I hammer it quite a bit.

I run on a dedicated server with a MySQL db is the only way to go. The Firebird db was a bit buggy, but once I upgraded that fixed the problem. Auzentech X-Fi Prelude Sound card and running an optical I/O from the board into the server.

I trialed quite a few automation programs before settling on this one. Even tried building a couple of my own. SAM 4.7.4 is the best bang for your buck!!

garybaldy72uk
05-20-2011, 10:45 AM
I wont say what i really think about SAM as i dont fancy being kicked off!

andhow
05-20-2011, 10:58 AM
You can always post a review. Just keep it to the facts and keep emotion out of it, why would they kick you? Rational constructive criticism is not wrong.

cptsparkle
05-20-2011, 03:13 PM
SAM is not the culprit for when you receive the error message of not being able to send data fast enough. I went through the ordeal of finding this out myself and had to learn the hard way.

The issue is downstream 99% of the time. I know you performed the obvious first ... checked your connections. The possibility of something coming loose when you consider mic cables, mixer cables, usb cables, amps, FX, compressors, external players including CD, Tape, Reel to Reel, Cassette and Carts all connect somehow. Check all that first.

In researching the initial challenge one incident of this unveiled a loose connection a few miles from one of the servers this particular person's stream was routed through. A loose connector.

My issue was a server farm in Chicago that COMCAST uses. This particular server farm is infamous for super high ping times and bottlenecking data sigs.

Unfortunately you can't do a thing about it. Unless you pay for enhanced service of one form or the other, you will have to switch ISPs.

I only had the issue with one station and the data route my ISP used to send the data to the stations streaming server.

My last gig with an FM station on the other side of the country had no issues at all. I did stream my data to them considerably faster than 128KBS and had fantastic ping times.

There is a gob of reasons data flows slowly from ones stream to the initial router/server.

I was a beta tester for Spacial Audio Media in 2000 - late 2001 starting with version 1.0. Never had a problem.

Good luck!

garybaldy72uk
05-20-2011, 03:24 PM
SAM is not the culprit for when you receive the error message of not being able to send data fast enough

Thats strange I got buffer issues when using SAM on the Same broadband connection as were using now. yet since moving programs and using edcast this hasnt been an issue.

Sam for what it is, is overpriced and too clunky.

I was a beta tester for Spacial Audio Media in 2000 - late 2001 starting with version 1.0.

I had a Look at SAM V1.3 and it looked awful.

andhow
05-21-2011, 09:30 AM
Not overpriced in my book. In the 20 different automation solutions that I trialled and demoed, it (SAM 4.7.4) was one of the cheapest.

Clunky??? Nope...those were the one's that required their own operating system to work...that meant a dedicated server that did just the automation...that was also one of the more expensive software packages.

If you have the right funding and do your research, then getting what you want is not a problem.

If you want to use the FREE solution, then you get what you pay for.

thespaceman
05-26-2011, 11:08 PM
Something else you should look at and i found it haha....Wireless home phones will interfere, xboxs, uploads (downloads fine) In the beginning i had same problems, got in touch with server peoples, anything around you, next apartment, it doesnt seem to matter...unable to send data...I made sure all my djs were aware of this, littlest things can screw your show...I guess thats all i can say, SAM is touchy for some reason, and believe you me, the server peoples had nothing to do with it...they ran all tests on mine too. Then i found our reasons...may not be whats causing yours, but mine or djs have never had the problem since. Ciao
Leonard K
www.lkcb.webs.com

bmasti
05-27-2011, 12:21 PM
he shoutcaststreaming i didnt get ur email back with info can u please reply so i can try your hosting

thespaceman
05-27-2011, 06:44 PM
You are right about it not being SAM, but the connection to it, Router, etc.
As the Phone is Connected to my Internet, as is xbox and tv. But i only have problems, as my guys, when something slows down the encoder/stream...I wouldnt say if this didnt happen as such....its not SAM as was said, its the connections with your computer, start uploading files while your on air.....brrrrr
if you do have a wireless phone in house, sit by your computer and watch....Unable to Send Data.....Go online and play a game on xbox....brrrr....Since we have found this, we have not fallen off air since:)
It may sound kinda weird...but thats my story and im sticking to it:):cool:

shoutcaststreaming
05-27-2011, 07:15 PM
he shoutcaststreaming i didnt get ur email back with info can u please reply so i can try your hostingWe never received an e-mail form you.

You can contact us here:
https://www.shoutcaststreaming.us/whmcs/whmcs/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=3

thespaceman
05-27-2011, 07:26 PM
http://makeavoice.com
This is company i use, Shoutcast, Icecast....Really nice prices......50 listeners at 128k. 10.00 :) Sweet
Leonard K

We never received an e-mail form you.

You can contact us here:
https://www.shoutcaststreaming.us/whmcs/whmcs/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=3

Makeavoice is best ive used with Shoutcast...there online help is great, Mike is on messenger for you...mikemakeavoice haha. Its Worth buzzing makeavoice:cool:

andhow
05-28-2011, 07:51 AM
We use Make-A-Voice as well. Reasonable prices and good service. Best kept secret so far as their are no latency problems that I have experienced with this host.

They care about their customers here, unlike a couple other stream hosts that shall not be named.

Cheers,

thespaceman
05-28-2011, 08:17 AM
Thanks for backing me Reverand:) and i know exactly who the "others' are too haha. Take care
Leonard Kaye
www.lkcb.webs.com, twitter and the facebook as well haha, all LKCB 128.4 :)

bmasti
05-30-2011, 12:10 PM
http://makeavoice.com
This is company i use, Shoutcast, Icecast....Really nice prices......50 listeners at 128k. 10.00 :) Sweet
Leonard K

Makeavoice is best ive used with Shoutcast...there online help is great, Mike is on messenger for you...mikemakeavoice haha. Its Worth buzzing makeavoice:cool:

im using this from last 1 month working good but it drop after 40 or 50 hours onces for 4 or 5 sec

andhow
06-04-2011, 01:15 AM
Thanks for the replies and help everyone, I really appreciate everything! I think I have the problem sorted out now. I contacted my ISP telling them what was going on with my stream, and they actually ran all the tests. I noticed my modem dropped out for around 10-15 mintues the day after I spoke to them. Now the buffering problem has stopped, which is brilliant.

It definately must have been a faulty connection somewhere between my ISP and the server.

Once again, thanks so much for the advice and help!!! You guys ROCK!!

Glad you got it sorted Metaloz! I was able to peacefully resolve my latency issues with my ISP as well. :clap:

DJBen
01-25-2013, 07:21 PM
:eyebrow: ...................

some advice to consider if experiencing SAM buffering probs. i.e.; Unable to Stream Fast Enough error.

Since mid 2009 i do my radio transmission based at home in Idaho USA and the Shoutcast server resides in Aachen Germany. All other DJs at the radio, transmit from home, based in Germany.

... i've learned a thing or two about this particular error and can offer several tips to reduce how frequently a Sender might experience this frustration.

First! check to make sure that your internet connection to your Computer, is NOT Wireless!
No matter what internet speed that you have, wireless will make your SAM, Not Able To Send Data Fast Enough error on you.

Second, you need 650 kbps minimum constant Upload Speed to transmit reliably at 128 kbps. or you will likely get the.. Unable to send data fast enough error.

have spyware toolbars installed? those are using bandwidth and in most cases, are running F_L_A_S_H.
Ok, your computer seems up to par but unnecessary FL*** running while you transmit, will typicaly end up resulting in an Unable to Send Data Fast Enough error.

Win7 handles this streaming businness, better as it seems to work multimedia simply better than XP. XP works tho......-.. though its loading of the 'next song in que' can cause a delay, which can in turn cause, Unable to Send Data Fast Enough error.

Don't forget! Wireless internet connection will result in Unable to send data fast enough Error. Find the cable and plug it into your computer for transmission computers.

Enjoy, and best wishes to keeping your data able to Send Fast Enough

Gadfly
01-26-2013, 10:30 AM
Don't forget! Wireless internet connection will result in Unable to send data fast enough Error. Find the cable and plug it into your computer for transmission computers.

Excellent advice, Ben. I have always suspected this was the thing to do.

garybaldy72uk
01-26-2013, 11:05 AM
When i used SAM it didn't seem to matter whether i was on a wired network or wireless it would always come up with the "Not Able To Send Data Fast Enough error" it's a known problem that has been in SAM since version 2 and Spacial just haven't addressed it along with lots of other bugs.

That was on different shoutcast servers with different providers had more than enough bandwith so it wasn't the shoutcast servers it was SAM causing the error

MarcAlle
01-26-2013, 12:21 PM
When i used SAM it didn't seem to matter whether i was on a wired network or wireless it would always come up with the "Not Able To Send Data Fast Enough error" it's a known problem that has been in SAM since version 2 and Spacial just haven't addressed it along with lots of other bugs.

That was on different shoutcast servers with different providers had more than enough bandwith so it wasn't the shoutcast servers it was SAM causing the error

This is not true. This error is the direct result of the internet connection between the PC streaming and the ISP. If the connection value drops below 99% it will buffer, thus resulting in the error. I've done extensive testing on this on a controllable level, see below.

I have a firewall (PFSense) that allows me to control the exact amount of bandwidth that any one machine would get. I shut off all machines and ran a speed test on the one computer about to be tested. Result was 60.51Mbps Down and 12.1Mbps Up. I dont care about the Down value too much in this case, just the up. I speed limited the up value to 1024kbps and started streaming @ 128kbps with SAM. Connection was fine after 5 minutes. Stopped SAM, began streaming with Winamp. Again, connection was fine. Also streamed with StationPlaylist, no hiccups.

I speed limited the connection to 512kbps and ran the same tests. I had Winamp Buffer one time during the five minute test, but that was all. I speed limited to 256kbps. This is when everything began to fail. SAM wouldn't stay connected and was giving the Not Able to Send Fast Enough error after about every 30 seconds of streaming, Winamp had the same issue, StationPlaylist actually buffered the least of the three, only buffering one time. I lowered it to 192kbps and nothing worked right from the start.

I understand that you do not care for SAM, and that is 100% fine! I just want people to be able to make an educated decision on their streaming software. If you use SAM, great. If you dont, it doesn't matter to me! As long as you are buying SHOUTcast/ICEcast hosting from me, I'm cool :lol:

shoutcaststreaming
01-26-2013, 03:49 PM
"Not Able To Send Data Fast Enough error" it's a known problem that has been in SAM since version 2 and Spacial just haven't addressed it along with lots of other bugs.You are totally incorrect in this statement. This error has nothing to do with SAM.

It is due to some sort of packet loss at one of the many steps between your PC and your Stream Host. As a Stream Host, I have investigated about 100 of these "Not Able To Send Data Fast Enough" errors and 100% of them were NOT due to SAM. We have the diagnostic tools to analize the complete stream from PC to Stream Host. They all were to do with:

Bad NIC in PC
Packet loss along the way with a carrier such as Cogent, LEVEL1, AT&T, Hurricane, etc.
Problems at Stream Host
ISP having issues

I realize it gives you no greater pleasure in life, Gary, to bash SAM at every opportunity that you can. But at least have your facts straight, as you are losing credibility.

garybaldy72uk
01-26-2013, 03:59 PM
You are totally incorrect in this statement. This error has nothing to do with SAM.

I'm afraid it is very much a SAM issue. I've had upload speeds 4mb + that could handle quite a few streams and when using SAM it would happen quite frequently, I've yet to have an issue with other encoding software not being able to stream fast enough.

It even happens with the old SAM Encoder DSP for winamp. So very much a badly written encoding function.

PapaBearPW
01-26-2013, 06:15 PM
I seem to remember some buffer settings in SAM that you can adjust that fixed this issue for me (and some of my other DJs) long ago when I had a rather slow connection. I don't remember where those settings are exactly anymore nor if SAM even has them in newer versions, but it might be worth looking into anyway.

shoutcaststreaming
01-26-2013, 11:13 PM
I seem to remember some buffer settings in SAM that you can adjust that fixed this issue for meYou are talking about the Buffer Settings, Packets & Packet Time. Yes, they are still there.

DJBen
02-28-2013, 09:02 PM

um yeah- this is exactly incorrect info, Gary.

SAM has no problem.
1. Find the cable and plug it into your computer.
2. Have an absolute Minimum of 1 GB RAM in your Win7 PC.
3. Disable the Desktop automatic loading of slideshows and random pictures.
(reserve the RAM for your transmission)
4. Do not allow excess Flash to run while transmitting.
5. Do not use wireless Hard drives, where your transmission material is housed.

If you use WAN (wireless binding to your router-- one phone call to your wireless phone Will result in Unable to Send Fast Enough Error. One garage door remotely keyed to open, one automatic Car ignition button, one wireless phone call received by your neighbor (if living closely together), one bird crapping on your roof, will result in unable to send data fast enough error.

Wireless Internet is an unstable Internet Connection. Always has been and always will be.

Shout/ICEcast is excellent technology. SAM is excellent technology. SAM is Winamp.. basically.
SAM is Excellent Technology
Winamp, is Excellent Technology

hear it from a dj who knows Internet Protocol and Transmission Control Protocol and programs in 37 languages. Someone who has inspected the actual nuts and bolts of every inch of the technology.
The problem is IN House, Gary. :yes:

DJ Ben

Gary- I wish to see the set of "code" in SAM which is causing the error which you report.
(incorrect assumption)

DJBen
03-01-2013, 02:06 AM
Last night I had the same problems arise again. It's strange that it's pretty much at the same time every night almost without fail. I must have just had a lucky couple of nights.

I am pretty sure this problem is to do with our stream host. I'll chat with the station owner in regards to maybe getting our host server re-located as suggested earlier in the thread.

Hopefully something will resolve this problem soon as the stream problems are occuring during our peak time here in Australia (7.30pm- approx. 11.00pm)"

"... have 300kb/s...upstream"
"... 2 year contract..."
"...try relocating the server..."
"...issue is between you and the stream server"
"...running 2 encoders (streams)..."
"...will see what my ISP says..."

OK; this all just begs to be said.

the computer seems to not do as expected at 1 given time of day. (check updating schedules on your Router and all software updaters running on your computer. Ensure your computer is not doing backups or anti-virus scans or updates during said times. (many times an apparent bandwidth problem- is actually a CPU overload Or a RAM overload, if process priorities have not been adjusted, Or simply being unaware of what Your Computer is doing while you are streaming Your Broadcast, you may very well think that it is a failure belonging to your Internet Connection- typically, it is a failure of Your Own Computer in keeping up with all which it is being expected to do at one time. CPU usage (pressing Alt+Cntrl+Del (once) to initialize Task Manager will allow a view of the CPU Load and Paging File Usage Statistics) If your computer is overloaded, look no further- streaming will be interrupted.

Next; Download the Free Shoutcast Server README page and Read It.
Pay Particular attention to the Math which is mentioned around 7/8s the way down the page regarding bandwidth requirements, particularly where it relates to Bitrates of the Stream.

They do the math for you- one must only read the Readme Page for the Shoutcast Server to understand the Stream Server requirements. Since someone has takes the time to Host the Stream Server--- Chances are Very Good, that their Stream Server is functioning properly. I say this because it is extremely simple to use.
The Stream Server never will be re-located. There would be no need to do so.
They host the Stream Server and have undoubtedly Tested it and it Works.
--
back to Your Computer......

You are attempting a continuous Upstream of 128 kbps to the Stream Server and another 32 kbps Stream to? another Stream Server? ............ on 300 kbps upload bandwidth?
More Encoders Running, and more Streams being hosted----- now that all relies on Your Computer to maintain that throughput of data. Your CPU, Your RAM, .... my focus in this post is to disambiguate the many instances of sheer ambiguous trends which have made this Topic span a dozen Pages.

to put it simply-
Your Computer must be capable of continuous Data Throughput of at least triple the bits per second of that Which you are attempting to Send to the Stream Server. If it fails at That- do not bother the administrator of the Stream Server.
Asking them to relocate the server, will likely earn you an early ID10T Award.
if all else fails (after checking Your Own House) then perhaps relocate Your Computer by using an Outside Proxy Service... if done correctly, this will reroute your data stream through different hops between you and the Stream Server. However; most of the time, this would be completely unnecessary. Understand how it works before attempting it. It would be the exception to the rule- that it would need to be done. and only a temporary Need, if that. (i recommend Not doing that)

Most Likely, your computer itself is not keeping up with the data throughput.
Once you are Certain that your Computer CAN do it- then, look at your Upload Bandwidth.
300 kbps.................. fails. it is less that half the necessary bandwidth to Host 1 UpStream of 128 kbps, let alone the additional UpStream for the 32 kbps. (see the Free, Shoutcast Server 'readme' for the math)
Both encoders and streams require System Resources as well ( RAM & CPU + Adequate Upload Bandwidth )

speaking of RAM & CPU + Adequate Upload Bandwidth---
Any Browsers and Flash running on your computer- use very much of the RAM & CPU + Adequate Upload Bandwidth.
Due to this, minimize the amount of Flash which will be running while you do the transmission.

Also, Restart your computer half an hour before Starting your Broadcast.
......log onto your computer and allow at least 15 minutes of system Idle time AFTER the restart, before going "On Air".
this will allow auto-updating software to check for updates And finish checking for updates Before you go On Air.
(this usually happens automatically after a system restart)

Now, Your computer is restarted- your have logged onto your computer and it has sat Idle for about 15 minutes.....
now, start your Broadcasting Software... your SAM (for example)
then start your Browser
Now start your Teamspeak (if needed)

Now these Priorities in the System, are correctly set -------
they are correctly set because they were started in That Order. =)

now, go the the webpages needed
(music wishbox for StreamJockies(djs),
(the radio chatroom, most tend to be Flash based chats nowadays (grrr)
Open the funny little Smilies window in the chat-
this, so all the little smilies Load in the Smilies Window Before You go On Air.

---

-So long as that is done-
And you have a minimum of 650 kbps Constant Upload Speed for broadcasting 1 stream at 128 kbps
And not Wirelessly Connected to the Internet (find the cable and plug it directly into your computer)
And so long as Your Computer has a Minimum of 1 GB RAM and a CPU capable of running Windows 7, ...
You Are Ready to Broadcast without Interruptions
---

my preference is the use of

SAM version 3.4.3
it works

I use SeaMonkey instead of Firefox
it works

I use Teamspeak 3 Client
it works

Have FUN and remember- you aren't sending songs- you are sending 1 stream of data.
it all belongs to You =)
This Technology is FUN and completely legal because nowhere is the "Air" captured....