Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Najat
    it wouldmt surprise me if they actually fake your traffic results so they can blow up your $$ to pay.
    I really take exception to that remark. It just shows you have no real knowledge of the world. To fake bandwidth statistics would be extremely difficult and put a company out of business is short order if caught.

You get what you pay for. If you go to a Data Center you are going to the actual provider. There are wide differences in prices for Data Centers.

It just shows that you have no experience with Dedicated Servers.

SCS - Dedicated Bandwidth Servers
    Shoutcast / Icecast / Windows Media
    Transcoding - Auto DJ - Mobile Radio - FLASH Players - Auto DJ
    Broadcasting World's Stream Host of the Month

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcAlle View Post
    For several tens of thousands of listeners, you will want many dedicated servers clustered. I'd look for a collocation center personally. Choopa.com, LiquidWeb, SoftLayer are all good hosts I've used.
    Another option is cloud hosting, you can use cloud to scale, digitalocean, worldstream, linode are some options.
    Hostter - hostter.com
    Serving for years now! Bitcoin Accepted
    Bitcoin VPS | Bitcoin Hosting

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    One of our stations covered live a concert and had 11000 listeners peak. No problem whatsoever.

Title
    Dear Najat,

Please don't call fellow BW members "stupid providers".
    They have all a longtime business, and they give answers to your question who was made into your main topic.
    If you don't agree with their proposal you can contact them to ask more details about your project.

So please be and stay friendly !
    Quote Originally Posted by Najat View Post
    Thanks everyone for your answers, I have been looking at all the links and websites of providers and found the prices absolutely ridiculous, with some having plans for 750$/month, I am not renting a house, I am renting a stupid server that takes about 50 com rack.
    Anyway, my new approach now is to buy one and settle it myself, at some point those stupid providers will understand thry have to make sense before they go out of business.
    Thanks again.
    If You Like My Work Which I Have Done For You

Visit and listen @ BW !

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    I would say that if you have 10's of thousands of listeners then you are more than capable of generating enough commercial interest to cover your server costs. Just remember that if you are going to purchase your own server you are still going to need to pay for rack space in a data center or hire a leased line from an ISP that can provide enough bandwidth to cover what you need which is probably going to still put you at the same price as renting a dedicated server.

other factors to consider in having your own server are maintenance costs and power consumption + are you always going to be around to put your server back online in the event of an outage (if you're renting rack space and your server goes offline, you're going to need to visit the datacenter yourself to fix it or pay technician to do it for you )

I'm doubtful that this is a serious post given that you think $750 is too much for a dedicated server and the fact that you don't currently have a way to facilitate 10's of thousands of listeners makes me think you don't have 10's of thousands of listeners, but that's my input lol

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Skills
    I'm doubtful that this is a serious post given that you think $750 is too much for a dedicated server and the fact that you don't currently have a way to facilitate 10's of thousands of listeners makes me think you don't have 10's of thousands of listeners, but that's my input lol
    Good point. I fully agree with you.

SCS - Dedicated Bandwidth Servers
    Shoutcast / Icecast / Windows Media
    Transcoding - Auto DJ - Mobile Radio - FLASH Players - Auto DJ
    Broadcasting World's Stream Host of the Month

Title
    It looks senseless to supply this user (Najat) with any other usefull details ...
    The latest activity was at February 21, 2017 (01:40pm) and did not returned anymore since that day
    If You Like My Work Which I Have Done For You

Visit and listen @ BW !