Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    PapaBearPW's Avatar
    Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    272
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by RDJUser View Post
    The files weren't moved they've been on the same drive letter for quite sometime. I had just imported them into the program..
    Yeah, that's what I figured.

    Quote Originally Posted by RDJUser View Post
    Don't have any other files to test it on at the moment. The mp3 files are all ripped CBR 320kbps.
    OK. No problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by RDJUser View Post
    Probably a Windows files permission issue knowing my luck as Windows seems to want to rebel at the moment.
    I would be surprised if it was a permissions issue, but only a little. With Windows you just never know. I do have an idea. If you could download this zip file:

    http://lunarcaster.com/stuff/bass.zip

    and extract the bass.dll file from it and replace the bass.dll that is in the lunarcaster folder with that one. I have released LCDJ with a version of that dll file that does not have built in mp3 decoding. It normally uses the built-in mp3 decoder that is in Windows to avoid any kind of patent infringement concerns. Now that the mp3 patents have expired, I think I will start including the decoding version. In fact, I am hoping that I can also start including the Lame encoder with new releases too, but I need to be sure of a few things first.

    Anyway, I'm rambling on...lol. If you get a chance to try that out, I would appreciate it.

  2. #12
    DJboutit's Avatar
    Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    9
    The version I used was no more then 2 or 3 version back.
    Phat Beats Radio playing Rap Hiphop R&B Soul Funk Reggae from the 1970s to early 2000s over 21k traxx in the playlist streaming from Houston TX http://phatbeatsradio.tumblr.com

  3. #13
    RDJUser's Avatar
    Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Everywhere!
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaBearPW View Post



    I would be surprised if it was a permissions issue, but only a little. With Windows you just never know. I do have an idea. If you could download this zip file:

    http://lunarcaster.com/stuff/bass.zip

    and extract the bass.dll file from it and replace the bass.dll that is in the lunarcaster folder with that one. I have released LCDJ with a version of that dll file that does not have built in mp3 decoding. It normally uses the built-in mp3 decoder that is in Windows to avoid any kind of patent infringement concerns. Now that the mp3 patents have expired, I think I will start including the decoding version. In fact, I am hoping that I can also start including the Lame encoder with new releases too, but I need to be sure of a few things first.

    Anyway, I'm rambling on...lol. If you get a chance to try that out, I would appreciate it.

    Replacing the bass.dll file did indeed fix the issue its seems to actually be playing stuff will give it a good test at some point this week.


    Proud user of RadioDJ FREE radio automation software

    Online: Twitter - Facebook - Mixcloud

  4. #14
    PapaBearPW's Avatar
    Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    272
    Rep Power
    11
    Well, then that earlier problem was already fixed by then. I have plans to redo the entire Playlist functionality. Hopefully that will fix the issues you are having. But, I don't know when it will be done. I'll post something here when it is.
    Thanks again for your feedback!

    Quote Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
    The version I used was no more then 2 or 3 version back.

  5. #15
    PapaBearPW's Avatar
    Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    272
    Rep Power
    11
    Hello,

    Good to hear. Thanks for trying that out. I look forward to any additional feedback you have. I have a Beta 4 that will be released soon (Thursday or Friday) since I have a few issues that have been resolved this week.
    v1.2 Beta 4 Changes so far include:


    • Updated to the newest versions of the audio libs.
    • Including the mp3 decoding versions of bass.dll to avoid issues with Windows built-in decoders.
    • Bug fixes that may have been causing Microphone cut-out issues for some users.
    • Bug fixes in the cross-fader including one that was causing Deck B to only fade-in to ~50%-80% no matter what the deck volume was set to.
    • Re-configured the full-screen mode to first save current settings before going full-screen.


    Just posting that info so you know some of the issues you may run into, that I have already fixed for the next release.

    Quote Originally Posted by RDJUser View Post
    Replacing the bass.dll file did indeed fix the issue its seems to actually be playing stuff will give it a good test at some point this week.

  6. #16
    PapaBearPW's Avatar
    Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    272
    Rep Power
    11
    The v1.2 Beta 4 is available for download. See first post in this thread for more info. It has been edited to reflect the new release.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •