PDA

View Full Version : Icecast streaming Blackberry and android

javier
09-15-2011, 10:56 PM
Hi,

does any one know the code or format I have to use to stream icecast to blackberry and android?

Iphone works fine, and shoutcast works fine in blackberry and android.

garybaldy72uk
09-15-2011, 11:10 PM
Android is tricky to get shoutcast on you can give this a try see if it does icecast.!!

a good free app (ok its ad driven) https://market.android.com/details?id=com.leadapps.android.radio&hl=en is ok with shoutcast not tried it with a mountpoint on icecast yet.

Always worth a try Click on add channel and enter the stream URL see if it works!

MarcAlle
09-16-2011, 11:55 AM
For my station, I use TuneInRadio. It is a 3rd party app that will allow people to tune into other stations, but it works great!

shoutcaststreaming
09-16-2011, 04:07 PM
We are releasing a new web application September 19th, 2011.

It will play Shoutcast / Icecast stations on Blackberry, Android & iPhones.

We have been working on it for months, and it is finally finished.

garybaldy72uk
09-16-2011, 05:06 PM

Will it a Be a Free? or Paid for app?? i have an android handset.

MarcAlle
09-17-2011, 01:24 PM

That'd be awesome. Did you guy develop or pay a third-party company to? I've developed a very simple one (I mean VERY simple), but I dont have the time to continue it...I'm looking at having someone finish it or scrap it and start over.

shoutcaststreaming
09-18-2011, 04:31 AM
That'd be awesome. Did you guy develop or pay a third-party company to? I've developed a very simple one (I mean VERY simple), but I dont have the time to continue it...I'm looking at having someone finish it or scrap it and start over.

@MarcAlle .. We developed it in-house using PHP and JavaScript. It was really easy, except for the Android part.

@garybaldy72uk .. It took months to get it all working. No, it won't be free. But it won't be that expensive either. Check our website next for prices.

MarcAlle
09-18-2011, 01:39 PM
@MarcAlle .. We developed it in-house using PHP and JavaScript. It was really easy, except for the Android part.

Haha...Thats great!