PDA

View Full Version : blackberry devices and aac+ shoutcast 1.9.8 streams

djrven
10-31-2011, 04:16 PM
Hello guys, I'd like to know if there is a way to get blackberry devices connect directly to aac+ shoutcast streams, I can do that with mp3 streams through http://myhost.com:port/;stream.mp3 almost any BB device can connect with no problem, so I can use an easy redirect like myradio.com/bb for them, but it seems doesn't work in case the stream changes to aac+, do you have any clue about this? or any other direct(without apps) shorcut to get connected BB devices to shoutcast aac+ streams?

thanks in advance!

MarcAlle
10-31-2011, 05:16 PM
AAC requires a special decoder (just like MP3 takes a decoder). From what I know, Blackberry doesnt have a native AAC decoder. Unless I'm wrong, you wouldnt be able to get a blackberry to connect to an aac stream, unless there was an app that could decode it.

djrven
11-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Many thanks MarcAlle for your reply! does it happen even in last BB OS 7? no matter whether is shoutcast, icecast or other media server?

MarcAlle
11-01-2011, 12:41 PM
The only way that I could see that working would be through some sort of Flash Player which I believe works on OS 7. Again, the Flash Player would need some sort of decoder built into it though. (JW Player works)