PDA

View Full Version : Is license needed to play new unsigned artists

jerryc
10-18-2012, 02:22 PM
I am wanting to start a US internet radio station and only play new unsigned artist local to my region. Would a legal document stating they give me the right to play their music on my station be sufficient? Thanks for any help.

Jerry

saint
10-18-2012, 11:33 PM
You are correct Jerry. However, I would have a lawyer draw the document up to ensure all the ducks are correctly in a row.

jerryc
10-19-2012, 01:04 AM
Thank you for the information, much appreciated.

Jerry

dotme
10-19-2012, 01:08 PM
Yep, you're good *provided* the artists also wrote the lyrics and musical compositions they perform (No covers)

jerryc
10-21-2012, 12:14 PM
Thanks everyone for the help. I just got my sam pro up and running, (thanks for the Woohoo discount Jim) I need to tweak my website to make it look more professional. I hope to be streaming fulltime tomorrow. Thanks again.

Jerry

jerryc
10-25-2012, 10:58 AM
Still editing and testing a few things on the site. I guess a website is a work in progress, always finding something to change. Here is the link to my site. Be nice, it is my first website. Thanks for all your help. www.breakoutradio.com (http://www.breakoutradio.com)

jerryc
10-25-2012, 03:20 PM
They do, but I had no idea how to do a site. I did find tons of information about building one. But, Its already paid for a year. But I will be moving when the time comes. WoHoo was great on setting up the Sam Broadcaster purchase. Im still having some minor issues with it though, probably something I did. I emailed there support dept, but havent heard anything back. Thanks for your help Jim.

Jerry

Big Hog
05-24-2013, 08:58 PM
Just had a look and listen on your website Jerry, looks awesome ;-)

Lmarrie
11-20-2013, 01:30 AM
And no samples either. They must have full rights to all parts of ths composition.

frankallen
12-01-2013, 08:03 AM
Just because they are unsigned doesnt mean they have less rights, you must have the songwriters/musicians written consent to broadcast there material.