PDA

View Full Version : We Are Re-Launching Soon!

James
06-18-2013, 07:53 AM
Hey all,

I have been busy over the past few months planning and designing our re-launch. I have a dedicated focus and plan for the future of Broadcasting World, this new launch will outline the best bits of our website and will make our site truly a one-stop-solution for internet broadcasters.

We will be combining some sections, re-coding everything, adding new sections and making the site more user friendly. You will have complete control over your radio station, talent profile and reviews pages. We will be focusing on Internet Radio and Internet TV as times are getting tougher, we want to support internet enabled communication technologies so we will pursue in offering only Internet services.

I have started re-designing the homepage privately. And here is your first look below.

Yes, all data (forum posts, stations, reviews) will be kept. Reviews and Stations may be updated slightly to fit into the new system. Yes API's will be coming for those who wish to use our stations data. Yes we will be uploading more videos on YouTube. And yes you can remove that ad at the top by becoming a Pro member or a Talent.

More info to come.

If you have any suggestions, comments or feature requests. Post here!

PapaBearPW
06-18-2013, 02:37 PM
Looks good! The Tools section was being discussed in the chat box. I'm curious about that. Are there going to be categories in the new Tools section? Like Windows/Mac/Linux under a Software section, then maybe a web tools section for things like OnAir scripts, now playing, etc. ? Just something to make it easy to find what people are looking for.

James
06-19-2013, 12:04 AM
I am aiming to make some online tools (stream calculator, playlist generator etc...) but I am tossing up whether or not to include some downloadable scripts (Now playing, DJ rotation on air etc...). I have so many that I have created and could share, thoughts?

Also I am trying to find a retailer around me to partner in creating some videos for our YouTube channel. I am looking at retailers who sell broadcasting equipment such as mixers and microphones. Id love to create some video reviews, top products and new product videos! So you may see me on video soon!

GKIye
06-19-2013, 01:41 AM
I'm looking forward to it James ...

I'm so sorry that I'm not around that much lately
The situation with my Dad is still not changed and it is getting worser ... The question that remains is "when ?"
Sad but true

I visit the website almost every day, but GK is just watching and looking around
Good luck mate !

James
06-19-2013, 01:51 AM
I'm looking forward to it James ...

I'm so sorry that I'm not around that much lately
The situation with my Dad is still not changed and it is getting worser ... The question that remains is "when ?"
Sad but true

I visit the website almost every day, but GK is just watching and looking around
Good luck mate !

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your father GK!

GKIye
06-19-2013, 02:43 AM
Thanks James
Its already 11 years with ups and downs ... and since about "6" Months its getting worser every day
7 Weeks ago We had a meeting (the fourth in less than 11 Years) about "the preparations" ... The fourth time in 11 years !
Phones are now up once again 24/7 ... day and Night
The rollercoaster of life ... A tragedy for both My Mom and Me

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your father GK!
Thanks again, appreciated !

James
06-21-2013, 04:17 AM
Quick update. I am in discussions with a local business in producing some video reviews of new products (Microphones, Mixers, Headphones etc...). Look out for more content via our YouTube.

Baabaa Productions
06-21-2013, 11:08 AM
James I like the new look. Its clean and fresh. Looking forward to seeing the finished article. Mark

James
07-13-2013, 11:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z0566yCMiE

New clip!

dedideals
07-13-2013, 12:12 PM
What about a new forum theme? Other than that looks good

cr08
07-15-2013, 03:06 PM
Definitely like the new look. Very clean. Would be cool to see the Forum have a new theme to tie in as well, but I can understand the pain involved in doing so.

GKIye
07-15-2013, 03:15 PM
Looks nice ... but ...
Except at the forum pages I receive an error at all the other tabs
see attached screenshot

James
07-15-2013, 03:29 PM
Looks nice ... but ...
Except at the forum pages I receive an error at all the other tabs
see attached screenshot

Should be fixed now!

James
07-15-2013, 03:29 PM
Remember to subscribe to our YouTube channel. More videos to come in the next week!

http://www.youtube.com/user/BWorldVids

GKIye
07-15-2013, 04:31 PM
I did that already decades ago James
I'm a "good" BW member :rolleyes: lol

Remember to subscribe to our YouTube channel. More videos to come in the next week!

http://www.youtube.com/user/BWorldVids
By the way ...
The problem still happens as mentioned into my screenshot

Should be fixed now!

PapaBearPW
07-15-2013, 06:59 PM
Looking good. Just one thing I noticed:

This is only wrong when on the forum page. All other pages it points to my profile. On the Forum page, it always points to James...lol

Wayne S.
07-15-2013, 11:21 PM
Same here, takes me to James's page.

James
07-16-2013, 03:35 AM
Same here, takes me to James's page. I'll fix it shortly! You all just wish you were me! :P

MarcAlle
07-16-2013, 11:32 AM
Very nice!

PapaBearPW
07-22-2013, 02:40 PM
Latest Reviews block on the start page seems to be throwing errors. I'm guessing someone already knows that but, I thought I would mention it anyway. ;)

Any timeframe on when the Tools section will be up?

You also might want to update the Copyright at the bottom to 2008 - 2013 instead of 2008 - 2011.

James
07-23-2013, 09:49 AM
Latest Reviews block on the start page seems to be throwing errors. I'm guessing someone already knows that but, I thought I would mention it anyway. ;)
Ah whoops! Mybad. I'll be fixing that section up soon!

Any timeframe on when the Tools section will be up?
I'll work on it next as it seems to be much anticipated! Hopefully next week.

You also might want to update the Copyright at the bottom to 2008 - 2013 instead of 2008 - 2011.
Cheers ;)

MarcAlle
07-24-2013, 06:08 PM
Admin Note for James:

I spent some time reviewing a few products/services, and typed it all out and when I submitted it I got an error. Just an FYI. I've yet to be able to submit a review, etc.

James
07-25-2013, 01:08 AM
Admin Note for James:

I spent some time reviewing a few products/services, and typed it all out and when I submitted it I got an error. Just an FYI. I've yet to be able to submit a review, etc.

A BW Review via the Staff area? Or a user review?

MarcAlle
07-25-2013, 06:05 PM
BW Staff area

James
07-26-2013, 01:30 AM
BW Staff area

Should be working... Hmm.

PapaBearPW
08-13-2013, 11:56 AM
Hi James,

I don't want to bug you too much, just thought I'd ask about the status of these areas again. While I'm at it, I would like to also ask if you could add the Private Messages info back...let me explain...before, at the top, if I had a new PM, it would show something like Private Messages (1). This is gone it would seem. As I have a PM from about 11 days ago and never noticed because I never saw that "(1)" up there. I only saw today that I had a new message because I happened to click the link to re-read some old messages.

Thanks and keep up the great work. Still love the site. :thumbup:

Paul

Ah whoops! Mybad. I'll be fixing that section up soon!

I'll work on it next as it seems to be much anticipated! Hopefully next week.

Cheers ;)

Brutish Sailor
08-13-2013, 10:36 PM
Mine wont let me see sent messages.

James
10-25-2013, 12:10 PM
Hi James,

I don't want to bug you too much, just thought I'd ask about the status of these areas again. While I'm at it, I would like to also ask if you could add the Private Messages info back...let me explain...before, at the top, if I had a new PM, it would show something like Private Messages (1). This is gone it would seem. As I have a PM from about 11 days ago and never noticed because I never saw that "(1)" up there. I only saw today that I had a new message because I happened to click the link to re-read some old messages.

Thanks and keep up the great work. Still love the site. :thumbup:

Paul

My apologies for not seeing this!

I'll add back that PM info ASAP!

Also, sorry about the lack of development. Been busy with university. I finish at the end of November so expect some things to open! I have been waiting on PayPal to approve my application for the Shows area. What's the shows area? Let me explain...

What's coming:

Shows
Members will be able to post shows available for download by other members. These shows will carry a license that allows others to re-stream them on their own radio stations. These shows can either be put up for free download or they may put a price on each individual show, the show creator may also option in a one year subscription where the purchaser can access as many downloadable shows within a year from purchase.

DevBounty
By popular demand, we will be launching an area dedicated to our developers. Those who are starting up new projects in the online radio industry (scripts, programs, etc...) that others may find useful will be able to post up a project and gain funding for it by others within the radio industry. Developers will receive 100% of funding (BW will not be taking ANY profit from this as we feel that this is really needed within the online radio community and the developers do all the work!).

If you have any suggestions, please PLEASE shout out to me! Love hearing them!

James
11-04-2013, 09:48 AM
Sneek peek for you all!

PapaBearPW
11-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Love seeing the improvements...keeps me coming back to see what's new :)

James
11-07-2013, 01:49 AM
Love seeing the improvements...keeps me coming back to see what's new :)

Thanks mate, love the feedback as it keeps me developing!