View Full Version : [Site] Updates

James
10-25-2008, 11:34 AM
Allright.. here are the updates as from 25th October 2008

New Logo/Header
New banner ads are on the way, also mp3 ads
Listen section updated
Stream host reviews unofficially launched to public
5 Posts Rule deleted from Shows/Aircheck's sectionIf you have any suggestions for the site, we are all open to ideas! (Y)

James
10-26-2008, 09:55 AM
More Updates:
- Fixed Submit Host Section For IE Users
- Improved Comments System For Host Reviews
- New Twitter Page*
- Updated Myspace Page
- New Homepage

*Our Twitter page is where staff ramble on and also give out secrets to bw ;) Also if BW is down, check up there where we have the full story!

James
10-31-2008, 12:25 PM
LATEST: We will be down for about 2-10 hours sometime next week because of our domain will be transferred. The process is quick and will not affect any features. Just downtime.

FINISHED-DATE: 9th November
ISSUE: DMN Transfer

THFS
11-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Why will domain transfer affect downtime????
James.. not making sense!

kwdservices
11-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Why will domain transfer affect downtime????
James.. not making sense!

Yea, agreed.

James
11-03-2008, 03:53 AM
Domain transfer doesnt happen instantly, as you know THFS. A domain needs time to propergate and i doubt both the hosts would be watching every system so they can transfer :) It will only take a small while.

NickolasM.
11-05-2008, 01:54 AM
Sorry, you cannot reply to your post until someone else has replied, or until 24 hours has elasped, whichever comes first.

Thats a long time don't You think? Just make it a rule (if it isnt) No 'Bumping' your thread... e.g. some one just posting 'Bumped!' give them a warning not to do it again and then banned them for a day or two if the continue it.

Better you think?

James
11-05-2008, 04:16 AM
Thats a long time don't You think? Just make it a rule (if it isnt) No 'Bumping' your thread... e.g. some one just posting 'Bumped!' give them a warning not to do it again and then banned them for a day or two if the continue it.

Better you think?
Well otherwise people can raise their post count and get higher rankings in the directory and hosts section. And that wouldnt be fair. Besides, one post is all thats needed and bumping a thread is fine after a day or so as long as it isnt consistant.

James
11-12-2008, 04:34 AM
The site had about 15 mins downtime. We are now transferred to another registrar.

James
11-20-2008, 04:40 AM
Whats Happening This Year At BW?

Stream Host Reviews
- Host Panel Images (Added Already. Gives Screenshot Of Hosts Panel)
- Hosting Prices (Editable By Host Itself. Lists All Major Prices)
- Advanced Stream Host Reviews (Have More Hosts Listed And Searchable By Price, Name And Whatever Else)
- More Reviewers

Website Itself
- Better Homepage, Easier Search Funtions And More Content
- More Promotion Of Voiceovers & Production
- Software Reviews (Like DJ Panels, Recording Software?)
- More Sections In Forums? (Any Suggestions?)

Voices Section
- Released This Year
- Full Voice Pro Profiles
- Intergration With voice123.com & voices.com
- Search Funtion

If theres any way we can make your visit more enjoyable or if you have any features youd like to see.. feel free to PM me. These things are coming this year (some have already started) and will be operational and out of BETA before new years. Merry Christmas everyone from the team at BW! We will be sticking our first Christmas decorations EVER up in December.

Big thanks to all who have helped, all who have contributed and helped us grow. Today, in two months is our birthday, we will be going off with a bang in the new year so stay tuned! :boonie:

We hope in the next few years we become the #1 Broadacsting Resource, thanks everyone :)

NickolasM.
11-21-2008, 01:23 AM
We hope in the next few years we become the #1 Broadacsting Resource, thanks everyone :)

James, We are almost, and no doubt we will be the #1 Broadcasting Resource, Maybe #1 Free voice over site! The site is great and cant wait for the improvements, If I can help in any way, Just ask.

"Don't ask what your country can do for you, But ask what you can do for your country"

Quote I thought of (don't remember whom its by) Goes along with me just asking :)

:orly:

James
11-21-2008, 04:59 AM
James, We are almost, and no doubt we will be the #1 Broadcasting Resource, Maybe #1 Free voice over site! The site is great and cant wait for the improvements, If I can help in any way, Just ask.

"Don't ask what your country can do for you, But ask what you can do for your country"

Quote I thought of (don't remember whom its by) Goes along with me just asking :)

Thanks for the comments :) To some we are but a few members agree that we arent there just yet. We will be releasing a press release on our birthday in January for these major additions to the site.

boxovoices
11-21-2008, 06:18 AM

That famous quote was by John Fitzgerald Kennedy.... :)

James
01-25-2009, 09:25 AM
Well next month we are rolling out a rewards card! WOO!
This rewards card has up to 4 offers from well known companies from hosts to software developers. We ahve teamed up with many MANY different companies and heres how it will work..

Members with -100 posts will revieve a standard membership card.
Members with 100-300 posts will get a silver membership card with better offers.
Members with 300-500 posts will get a gold membership card with even better offers.
Members with 500+ posts will get a platinum membership with the best offers.

Cards have a 6 month expirey and new offers will be released whenever we recieve them. Cards can be printed out but we encourage you to save paper and just use the codes or your user id featured on the card :)

More info will be out soon!
-James

James
02-02-2009, 12:20 AM
Looks lilke we are having some trouble keeping our forum clean, some things like shoutbox wont display until later on today im sorry!

EDIT: Quicker cleanup than expected.. Resume loving BW Forum's features :p

Be sure to add your station to our new stations directory.. http://www.broadcastingworld.net/live/add.php

http://files.broadcastingworld.net/comexlogo.gif (http://www.broadcastingworld.net/comex-update-02-02-09.html)

GKIye
02-02-2009, 02:34 AM
Hi James,
Thanks for the add to the broadcasting / station section
just 1 proposal to you : please add the volume setting to the popup player
Keep up the good work !

James
02-02-2009, 02:41 AM
Hi James,
Thanks for the add to the broadcasting / station section
just 1 proposal to you : please add the volume setting to the popup player
Keep up the good work !
Done and done :)
(Y)

GKIye
02-08-2009, 05:01 PM
Hi James,
I have a proposal to improve your design
It could be a nice idea to fix some of the avatars who are used on the index page .. for example to announce the production and pro-voice members ... it looks a little messy to Me .. I guess only the name or only a picture of the member would already work out very well .. it shows Me currently everything on top of eachother
I guess you have a little bit the same prob at the tab station directory. Is there excisting any resize tool to let the logos fix into the aria next to the name ? .. In fact those avatars are a kind of a thumbnails, the size of these thumbnails don't need the same size as the original
Hope this was usefull .. :)

James
02-08-2009, 11:17 PM
I thought having the pictures and avatars like that would be better than having them squashed and unreadable. And same goes for the VP's and PP's pictures, i dont wanna see a squashed face before i order a voice :p

And can you post a screenshot of the ontop of eachother part? Also what browser are you using?
-James

GKIye
02-10-2009, 12:02 AM
Hi James,
You misunderstood Me about the "ontop of eachother"
I don't mean ontop of eachother as a visible effect into a browser ..
it was a way to explain myself :) .. remember I'm a Belgian afterall .. and I'm not that perfect in the English language ..
I meant with it : that some pictures are showing Me just tiny parts of the picture, both VO and stations ... and to the VO pics there is also text added ...
For that reason I was suggesting a kind of thumbnail of those pictures .. such as can be seen at the tab "imaging"
Or is it possible to ask the VOs for a picture with a closeup of their face ? .. then it would be possible to make thumbnails into the same size .. ex: square 100x100 or 150x150

And can you post a screenshot of the ontop of eachother part? Also what browser are you using? -James

James
02-10-2009, 12:11 AM
I cant do thumbnails because i would have had to redo and recode parts of the section (which i really dont wanna do). I made the pictures like that so if i did them normally, they wouldnt be stretched and look horrible. If there are any other suggestions please come forward relating to this :)

So i cant really add thumbnails sorry :( maybe in the future :)

GKIye
02-10-2009, 01:36 AM
no prob James ... You don't have to be sorry ... you're human afterall ... Thumbs up !

GKIye
02-24-2009, 12:58 AM
Hi James,
it looks that listening to a station into the "Broadcast ..." directory isn't possible - I made a try-out to several stations
not if clicked on "Listen - click here" and not at "MyStation ...."
Maybe a temporary error ... if not there's somewhere an error into the script
Hope this can help your services

James
02-24-2009, 04:02 AM
Hi James,
it looks that listening to a station into the "Broadcast ..." directory isn't possible - I made a try-out to several stations
not if clicked on "Listen - click here" and not at "MyStation ...."
Maybe a temporary error ... if not there's somewhere an error into the script
Hope this can help your services
aah thanks, i will fix that

James
02-24-2009, 09:43 AM
NOTE:

- Added Blogs (Dark Blue)
- Updated News Section (Red)
- Added Submit News (To The Right Of The Menu)

Enjoy..

James
03-08-2009, 04:51 AM
Yes we are growing. Alot.

We will be hiring quite alot of staff this month so if you are interested, post here and we will contact you asap :)

James
03-10-2009, 08:12 AM
We will be introducing email across all sections of BW. When you submit a news article, station or new host to our site. An email will be sent out saying that its under review. Another email will be sent when the item you submitted is accepted.

Just another way we keep you informed and happy :)

James
03-12-2009, 09:23 AM
We are also adding more reviews to our reviews section, things like gear and software will be added over the first half of this year. Our friends on opera browser are getting alot of trouble viewing our main page, so one again, things will change and we will introduce a global "theme".

:)
-James

James
03-29-2009, 08:14 AM
We will be expanding our stations section, the ability to edit your listing, search through stations and also view by genre will be introduced next month. Also staff pics will be coming, our staff will pick certain stations that sound excellent and will be awarded with a badge to place on their site.

We have upgraded our articles sections, you can now search articles and browse by catagory.

If you have any suggestions for sections, upgrades. Please post here!

GKIye
03-29-2009, 03:43 PM
During the updates of a search / select "genre" to the stations section ..
it can be an awesome idea to add a search / select "continent"
A select country could be to narrow to do ... but a select continent would give an overview of what BroadcastingWORLD offers into their stations directory
You can devide the continents as following :
- America = General | North | South
- Europe = General | West | East
- Australia = General | North | South | West | East | Central
- Asia = General | + the most common regions compared to Asian members, these can be increased when needed
- Afrika = General | North | South | West | East | Central

To achieve a right location it has to be obliged to all members to enter their "real" location aka country during signing up of their account ... this way you gonna get a great overview of all

James
03-30-2009, 12:13 AM
During the updates of a search / select "genre" to the stations section ..
it can be an awesome idea to add a search / select "continent"
A select country could be to narrow to do ... but a select continent would give an overview of what BroadcastingWORLD offers into their stations directory
You can devide the continents as following :
- America = General | North | South
- Europe = General | West | East
- Australia = General | North | South | West | East | Central
- Asia = General | + the most common regions compared to Asian members, these can be increased when needed
- Afrika = General | North | South | West | East | Central

To achieve a right location it has to be obliged to all members to enter their "real" location aka country during signing up of their account ... this way you gonna get a great overview of all
Great idea! Consider it done!

Brutish Sailor
04-02-2009, 05:02 AM
James thanks on adding the comments to the news listings as well! I'm a very happy camper!

James
04-02-2009, 05:10 AM
Great idea! Consider it done!

Im currently developing this now. You will soon be able to view and search stations by..

Popularity
Continent
Genre
Internet Radio or TerrestrialGet excited! :biggrinthumb:

James thanks on adding the comments to the news listings as well! I'm a very happy camper!

They were already put in place for the news section, i will add comments to artucles this weekend :)

MarcAlle
04-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Great suggestions everyone! Thanks to James for making all those suggestions happen!

GKIye
04-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Hi James,
Did the rep section has being changed ?
Looks rather strange to Me .. but yesterday I was on "Rep Power : 6"
Today I'm on "Rep Power : 33" :)
Unless the data has an error and is making from "6" 3+3 = 33 :) .. LOL
Just was willing to share this with you

James
04-08-2009, 01:19 AM
There have been discussions with the Imaging Pros and by the looks of it, they have been changed.
I will look into it!

GKIye
04-08-2009, 02:37 AM
James,
I have currently a rep count of 147 (on my profile)
If this can be any help to you during fixing the data
ps: thanks for the update (Y)

I will look into it!

GKIye
04-19-2009, 04:56 PM
Hi James,
Looking to the current version of the "Review" section you're getting pretty close to a great final design
A similar template would be also usefull at similar pages (into other tabs)

Small idea :
At the "license providers" it would be better to insert back again the tool where BW members can subscribe to an agency
This way a member and his project / station can show / prove that they are a member to that service and are paying royalties

James
04-20-2009, 06:37 AM
Hi James,
Looking to the current version of the "Review" section you're getting pretty close to a great final design
A similar template would be also usefull at similar pages (into other tabs)

Small idea :
At the "license providers" it would be better to insert back again the tool where BW members can subscribe to an agency
This way a member and his project / station can show / prove that they are a member to that service and are paying royalties
We had trouble with that feature sadly :( So we had to remove it!

Brutish Sailor
04-21-2009, 06:52 AM
First bug report.

http://www.broadcastingworld.net/reviews/licensing/page-2/

try to hit the page 1 button.

Lloyd
04-21-2009, 06:57 AM
And the Page 2 button. Simple little error. Something James must of overlooked while he was in a rush maybe.

First bug report.

http://www.broadcastingworld.net/rev...ensing/page-2/

try to hit the page 1 button.

James
04-21-2009, 10:26 AM
Yep, thanks Brutish! I will fix it when i get time! :)

GKIye
05-08-2009, 01:55 AM
Hi James,

Thanks for the GREAT review at the station directory !! (Y)
In general it takes lesser than 30 minutes before a request is played ... an average of 7 untill 10 minutes is normal " if " no other requests are already in queue

Did you recieved my PM about Nokia ?

GKIye
06-23-2009, 01:06 AM
I'm just wondering if there's any way to increase the podcast section
I guess several BW members are also radiohosts and are able to make a 1 hour set who can be provided at BW
its a knife who cuts both ways :
- stations can shedule BW sets of their choice (compaired to the station or radioset format)
- hosts can get exposure to their radiosets

James
06-23-2009, 01:30 AM
What do you mean exactly? :)

GKIye
06-23-2009, 01:36 AM
I just made a topic about it :
http://forums.broadcastingworld.net/showthread.php?t=8347
Maybe that can be helpfull
Ps: did you received my update message about Spacial Audio ?

James
06-23-2009, 08:14 AM
I just made a topic about it :
http://forums.broadcastingworld.net/showthread.php?t=8347
Maybe that can be helpfull
Ps: did you received my update message about Spacial Audio ?

Cheers! And yes i did get your PM but its only an auto message, Ken is out from the office :)

GKIye
06-25-2009, 02:51 AM
I don't think so ... if so .. than the automated message took about 10 days to reach Me :)
He wrote it .. I'm sure

but its only an auto message, Ken is out from the office

James
06-25-2009, 12:14 PM
I don't think so ... if so .. than the automated message took about 10 days to reach Me :)
He wrote it .. I'm sure

I have gotten it about 10 times every time i write to him :) Someone else must send it, i doubt he would go on a holiday and write that up ;) Not a worry though!

James
07-13-2009, 09:55 AM
Sorry about the quietness! I am currently really busy with a web deveopment company and we are goping through some big stages here at BW. This year we will expand the site a further 112%!

Keep your suggestions coming!

GKIye
07-24-2009, 02:25 AM
Hi James,
Has the website an error at the mainpage ?
I can see all content but just below of the topbanner I get this :

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/.canvassed/daveynet/broadcastingworld.net/index.php on line 120
Maybe a temporary error .. but I was willing to share this with you

James
07-24-2009, 12:32 PM
Just a temporary error. Im doing some coding!

James
08-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Bingobango!

Like the forums? ;) Just coding up all our revamped sections!

MarcAlle
08-09-2009, 01:31 PM
Forums look nice except the default vbulletin layout. It would be really cool if you could change the images and stuff to something that says BW

NickolasM.
08-11-2009, 09:05 PM
I do agree with Marc, Here's a big project James, Make your own forum :)
It can not be that hard can it? It may not have ton's of feature's at first but I think you can do it, I think I could if I tried.

James
08-20-2009, 09:39 AM
I do agree with Marc, Here's a big project James, Make your own forum :)
It can not be that hard can it? It may not have ton's of feature's at first but I think you can do it, I think I could if I tried.

Haha thanks for the suggestion but with the way some people are these days, you have to be careful with some coding projects as they can be subject to security vulnerabilities.

I apologize for the slowness, a few family things and some recent work experience with a radio station have left me no time to code :(

Be dead set sure that i am focused on getting BW fully coded! :biggrinthumb:

NickolasM.
09-04-2009, 05:03 AM
Haha thanks for the suggestion but with the way some people are these days, you have to be careful with some coding projects as they can be subject to security vulnerabilities.

It's sad that we have to worry about people these days, and I know you must be EXTRA careful with your site, seeing it was attacked before. Another suggestion when you get done with your Family Matters, How about a Mobile Version? I know I come here alot on my cell phone, I read some post, and then... I can't reply, I use a HTC® Touch Pro and that's one of the best, So a mobile version would be cool, I would be happy to help you out with it, any where I can. Just send me a PM,

James
11-02-2009, 09:21 AM
A few updates for November:

Avatar sizes have increased from 100px x 100px TO 130px x 130px.
We have a lineup of items that will be underway in the summer months (Australian summer). So expect some cool changes!
We are close to 20,000 Posts and we have just ticked over the 3,000 threads!
Lastly, just a big shoutout to everybody for keeping BW alive! You are all fantatsic members! Pat yourself on the back ;)Have a fantastic November! Be on the lookout for new changes on the site! Don't worry, when features are launched we will post in this thread :)
Keep your suggestions coming! :biggrinthumb:

James
11-16-2009, 09:58 AM
Just a small update,

Watch Section is now LIVE!
http://www.broadcastingworld.net/watch/

Pleanty of pages of broadcasting, webcasting and imaging videos! :biggrinthumb:

Lloyd
11-16-2009, 10:30 AM
http://broadcastingworld.net/watch/

Looks broken in chrome

GKIye
11-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Hi Lloyd,
Works perfect if seen in IE

Lloyd
11-23-2009, 01:18 AM
Hi Lloyd,
Works perfect if seen in IE

Yeah, it does just checked it. So james, why doesn't it work in chrome?

-Lloyd

johny c
11-23-2009, 02:21 AM
Dosnt want to work in Firefox either...................

James
11-23-2009, 04:08 AM
Ill check it out...

-James

James
12-04-2009, 03:47 AM
We have shuffled around some threads and created a few sub-forums for our continuing growth. Remember to post your topic in the forum best suited.

Keep your suggestions coming! What new section would YOU like to see? :)

GKIye
12-04-2009, 04:02 AM
Looks fine to Me so far
The paid VO & production section is positive !

What new section would YOU like to see?
Besides that, no major things are needed so far ... unless maybe : a dating service ... LOL
Thumbs up James !

Lloyd
12-04-2009, 04:40 AM
Looks fine to Me so far
The paid VO & production section is positive !

Besides that, no major things are needed so far ... unless maybe : a dating service ... LOL
Thumbs up James !

You can use General Chat for that ;P

I thought the Paid Vo's was new(ish). I was looking for one like that this morning

James
12-08-2009, 02:21 AM
Yeah, it does just checked it. So james, why doesn't it work in chrome?

-Lloyd

Fixed now :)
:biggrinthumb:

johny c
12-09-2009, 01:17 AM
It is, works for me. Only one small thing to fix is the smilie button on the chat window dosnt show up in Chrome. Just a wee thing which will take hours to fix I bet.

Lloyd
12-09-2009, 01:30 AM
It is, works for me. Only one small thing to fix is the smilie button on the chat window dosnt show up in Chrome. Just a wee thing which will take hours to fix I bet.

Yes, same for me. But not a big deal,
just bookmark http://forums.broadcastingworld.net/misc.php?do=getsmilies&editorid=vB_Editor_001
and you'll have all the smilies (temporary fix, James will fix it sometime)

James
04-03-2010, 01:12 AM
“Why must servers change??” you may implore.

Lotta reasons. Hosting is a complex business. Usually, servers are changed to make things better – you know, swifter, higher, stronger, or in BW speak, beefier, cheaper, greener.

For example, in 2008 the geniuses at BW HQ actually looked at the power bill and realized that if we were to upgrade all our old web and file servers onto new hardware (the stuff we’ve been using since May), we could probably cut our data center power usage about 50%, leave more left over for those USB Christmas Trees that we all love.

Other than the fact that it will save energy, the new set up should also:

Be more stable…
Be higher performing… the new servers are on average 4x “beefier”
Get new features that aren't available on the old server configuration.
Save us money… not just on data center costs, but also on our green energy credits, and management costs too (there will be less overall servers to manage).We dont know when our BW HQ team will be moving our servers, it will be sometime this month when our new servers arrive! Ill try take some pictures of the new servers and of our datacentre too! :yes:

If you come back one day and BW is not up, please email me at jdavey [at] broadcastingworld.net.

James
05-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Hello new server. After about a month!

How is everyone? Sorry about the lack of updates! Halfway through coding the site and then BAM, uni floggs me 5 assignments.

Hope you are all doing well!

kiwiborn
06-15-2010, 08:59 PM
Hey James,
I have missed being here, and since I have been gone I can see all the updates and hard work you guys have put into our 'home' here. It looks really great! Thanks for all your hard work and good luck with those assignments..
Love
M.

James
07-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Some key documents this year for the public eye.
We never stop here! :retard:

I would also like to say that we are providing the most changes for our imaging and voiceover community here at BW! We will be encouraging and welcoming new professionals to our website. :)

James
07-21-2010, 09:53 AM
Moved the headerbar around a bit, we are lacking funds to keep our server up so you have to suffer a slightly larger ad!

BUT! In return for the pain and suffering, i have added FULL site search in the header :)

Suggestions anyone?
-James

James
07-28-2010, 09:12 AM
Remade the About Us page.

http://www.broadcastingworld.net/about/

Added a swift banner up the top with some old photos of 'the whiteboard of ideas' which has been used quite alot for the redesigns we have had throughout the years, the interviews we have held with personalities such as Dylan Lewis, Jane Gazzo, Kissy Sell-Out and where BW has been about like..

2009 Radio Festival (Radio Academy)
2009 Radiothon
2010 RAIN Summit
2010 CBAF ConferenceAhh the memories! Also JamesAllen had said a lovely quote in one of his posts which filled the staff's heart with lovey dovey gooey stuff. So i added that in! :clown:

-James

James
08-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Updates 24/8/2010

Neatened up Mobile Site (http://m.bworld.me)
Fixed homepage issue.NOTE: We are still working on our Stream Host Reviews section, sorry for the delay! :no:

James
11-19-2010, 12:57 AM
We are looking into an issue where uploading files via php is erroring or resulting in internal server errors. The admins and developers are on the case and when we have further info we will update this post.

UPDATE: An upgrade to the mod_fcgid package seems to be the cause, and we are currently reverting the upgrade on all servers to get them back to a normal working state. We will update this post again when it is complete.

UPDATE 2: We are back to normal, uploads are fully functional now.

James
01-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Just updated our listen section! Some new layouts and cleaner paths.

PRO MEMBERS get a few new features, so test it out!

http://www.broadcastingworld.net/listen/

GKIye
01-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Thanks James,

However on my page the flash player isn't loading ...
in the past that wasn't an issue, currently I see only a black field + text "external player"

James
01-02-2011, 08:52 PM
I'll look into that :)

James
01-03-2011, 08:28 AM
ATTENTION ALL: We have had to put in a new system in the Listen section. Can all station owners please go in to their station settings and insert their IP and PORT. If you don't enter an IP and PORT, users cannot listen to your station!

James
01-04-2011, 02:29 AM
What Are We Doing?
Well, 2011, we have looked back on user suggestions and comparisons of major sites around the internet and we have decided to recode our sections, one at a time. Not only will we be recoding, but this time we will be giving users the features you want and the ease of access you need!

Why Are You Doing This?
We are expanding, a simple way of putting it. We have been quite slack with our content and lack of updates lately. But you guys an girls keep posing in our forums and keeping us alive! So we thought we could bring something back to our community!

What Sections Will Be Re-Coded?

News
Reviews
Listen
Watch
Talents
Downloads & ScriptsWhat About Pro Members?
Now is the time to become a Pro Member! Because each of our sections will have added functions for Pro Members, a full guide will be available after the changes have been completed.

How Long Will This Take?
2-4 Months. Its a long time but we need to get everything right and ready! No set date has been announced.

You are welcome to comment and make comments/suggestions! We are still accepting ideas and feature suggestions!

James
01-05-2011, 01:17 AM
We have completed the Listen section! If you find any bugs, please PM me.

Next up is the News section!

James
01-14-2011, 11:34 AM
New Advertising Section with updated stats, graphs and info.

http://www.broadcastingworld.net/advertise/

James
03-07-2011, 09:29 AM
New Talent Profiles.

http://www.broadcastingworld.net/talents/

Ill be updating the search function for the Talents section soon, you will be able to search and browse by a number of different options.

James
03-19-2011, 05:45 AM
IE9 Compatibility. Jump Lists and HTML5.

http://www.broadcastingworld.net/news/view-349/

GKIye
04-28-2011, 01:08 AM
"Ah Crap ! Try Refreshing !" ...
I'm getting this on my screen after each new reply (????)
Strange or strange ?

James
04-28-2011, 06:01 AM
Sounds like a server issue. That is our 404 page (error page, it's just glammed up!)

I'll look into it.

GKIye
07-05-2011, 01:13 AM
James,
I wonder if you have the same problem
If I enter the index page (home) ... I see a blank login field
If I wonna read an article and wonna make a comment to that article it shows "not logged in"

Access to the forum ain't an issue ... that works perfect

GKIye
02-13-2014, 02:30 AM
James,

What is happening with the "topbanner" at the stationpages ?
Height is too much and most of the names of the projects are not visible

The view since the last update was A-OK ... Please leave it that way

James
02-13-2014, 12:06 PM
James,

What is happening with the "topbanner" at the stationpages ?
Height is too much and most of the names of the projects are not visible

The view since the last update was A-OK ... Please leave it that way

I've had a few complaints about the formatting on larger monitors. I have also removed the ads from the top of the site which benefits you guys :)

What do you mean about "projects"?
Please explain, maybe provide screenshots?

GKIye
02-13-2014, 05:10 PM
James,

With projects I simply mean the stations :rolleyes:

By the way :
The final result looks OK
I suppose that I logged into BW at the stationpages at the wrong moment
What means that You're just doing the maintenance of the section

johny c
02-13-2014, 06:49 PM
Changes look good James.
Is it possible to have an option to have the now playing show up in the popup player:thumbup:

James
02-13-2014, 11:20 PM
James,

With projects I simply mean the stations :rolleyes:

By the way :
The final result looks OK
I suppose that I logged into BW at the stationpages at the wrong moment
What means that You're just doing the maintenance of the section

What suggestions do you have GK :) I am open to them!

Changes look good James.
Is it possible to have an option to have the now playing show up in the popup player:thumbup:

Your wish is my command! New popup player.
Now supports Icecast and Radionomy streams. :)

GKIye
02-14-2014, 01:54 AM
Thanks James,

First of all ... I have my Valentine !
I have already "2 Loves" ... :kiss: ... well read = at my stationpage ... LOL

I don't have real suggestions ... just a question
- I see on the playerscount more or less a raise of 20 - 25 since the late afternoon
At "recent Listeners" I see Your icon (so from James)
What kind of icon is given to listeners who are visiting from outside BW ?

I know that there are people who are listening who are not a member to BW ...
I found at FB a group who provides updates of streams and broadcasting in general
All posts are public, but only accepted members can post
... and lets say ... it works out OK

What suggestions do you have GK :) I am open to them!

James
02-14-2014, 02:07 AM
Thanks James,

First of all ... I have my Valentine !
I have already "2 Loves" ... :kiss: ... well read = at my stationpage ... LOL

I don't have real suggestions ... just a question
- I see on the playerscount more or less a raise of 20 - 25 since the late afternoon
At "recent Listeners" I see Your icon (so from James)
What kind of icon is given to listeners who are visiting from outside BW ?

I know that there are people who are listening who are not a member to BW ...
I found at FB a group who provides updates of streams and broadcasting in general
All posts are public, but only accepted members can post
... and lets say ... it works out OK

Haha! I was gonna ask aswel... :(

So listeners are counted whether they are members or not. You, as a station owner can see all listeners (users and non users, via edit your station). Publicly on your station page, only members are listed in the "Recent Listeners" section because they have avatars/pictures/names/information. Visitors to the site who are not members don't have any user information so it would be useless listing it anyway :)

Ooh, what's this group?

GKIye
02-14-2014, 02:08 AM
Oops ... forgot this ...

Into the "Edit" section > "Shedule / Lineup"
- Now there are only days of the week
- It should be most interesting to add also some other "periods"
such as = "Monday - Friday" and "Friday - Sunday" and "Saturday - Sunday"

The reason why is simple : Many broadcast softwares has also that feature to shedule only weekdays, weekend days and weekend

GKIye
02-14-2014, 02:12 AM
James,

Check your PM for the FB link

Ooh, what's this group?

James
02-14-2014, 02:21 AM
Oops ... forgot this ...

Into the "Edit" section > "Shedule / Lineup"
- Now there are only days of the week
- Its should be most interesting to add also some other "periods"
such as = "Monday - Friday" and "Friday - Sunday" and "Saturday - Sunday"

The reason why is simple : Many broadcast softwares has also that feature to shedule only weekdays, weekend days and weekend

Done!

johny c
02-14-2014, 07:03 PM
James the now playing is great, one problem now ticking the options for the small player with no ad's dosnt work now. It stays the large size with ad's.