PDA

View Full Version : Do you have any bands you hate and wont play on your station?

James
10-31-2008, 12:07 PM
I know alot of DJ's like to play their own music, if you hate a band or song. Would you still play it or just take off your headphones and do something until it finishes?

Im hating P!nk's new song. GAH! :bustedred:

jkemr
10-31-2008, 12:11 PM
i wont play shane ward

Arfa B!
10-31-2008, 12:44 PM
Metallica- forget it! After the way those miserable gitz moaned and moaned and moaned about Napster, and the poor things didn't think that their bank account was big enough already... Over hyped rubbish anyway. Seen better bands in my local pub- and they never complain about money as they don't have any!

THREETEN RADIO
10-31-2008, 12:52 PM
I won't play Gary Glitter songs, I like the 70s glam rock and some of his stuff was good but after what he has done in the past it is right not to promote his music at all. I do play stuff by the Glitter Band as they were independent of Gary Glitter so are not tarred with the same brush. Jonathan King is another no no!

Arfa B!
10-31-2008, 12:58 PM
I worked at Decca Records years ago- and had the misfortune to meet Mr. King, whose real name is Gold on a daily basis- a totally dislikeable sort.... only got into the biz- coz Daddy laid it on the line for him.... No I agree with both of your choices!

jkemr
10-31-2008, 01:18 PM
No radios play glitter or king for the same reason they are not aloud to anyway promote a perv :) but there again us just talking about them is a sort of promotion :(

Johnnie
10-31-2008, 01:26 PM
Fall out Boy

and any crappy pop-punk rubbish for that matter

aaronsnet
10-31-2008, 04:42 PM
We love them all. No matter who or what it is, we play it. It all sounds good to us. :-D

Ruby Tuesday
10-31-2008, 05:07 PM
I will not allow Snow Patrol no matter how many times my music director harasses me over it.

NickolasM.
11-01-2008, 01:37 PM
I personally REFUSE to play Jonas Brothers. I have had listeners tune out because I did not play them. I hate them, Never will play them Either.

SpazzRadio
11-01-2008, 02:14 PM
As the station owner .... It's all about the listeners, Whatever they want to hear ...

As a DJ .... If i hate the song .... i may forget about certain requests ;)

NickolasM.
11-01-2008, 04:47 PM
.... i may forget about certain requests ;)

I try my best for the ones but sometimes the spam the request line then I end up banning them from it.

jkemr
11-01-2008, 08:39 PM
why i wont play shane ward is this >> he was nothing then turn away from everyone once he made it :) hate people that do that thanks JK

jkemr
11-01-2008, 10:05 PM
We love them all. No matter who or what it is, we play it. It all sounds good to us. :-D
No you cant play the glitter and the king ?

James
11-01-2008, 10:49 PM
As the station owner .... It's all about the listeners, Whatever they want to hear ...

As a DJ .... If i hate the song .... i may forget about certain requests ;)
thats usually the way ;) hehe
would you let other dj's do the same? or just you?

SpazzRadio
11-01-2008, 11:20 PM
I have given my DJ's complete control over their programming. I want them free to go after their particular niche audience how they see fit. :D

Exozito
11-10-2008, 09:41 AM
I dislike songs containing nothing but plain rap and beats that have barely any melody. Songs that contain short segments of rap here and there sound okay to me however. Like what spazz said, if I dislike the song, I'll skip the request.

Blazin 97
12-02-2008, 07:11 PM
I personally REFUSE to play Jonas Brothers.

Same here! even though my station is urban I have had requests for the Jonas Brothers before! I personally refuse to play "Danity Kane", a no name girl group from the show "Making The Band". If it wasn't for that TV show they wouldnt even exist and they try so hard to be the next pussycat dolls. The girls in the group are a bunch of snotty B's that act like they've been in the music industry forever and know so much even though they have only 2 songs, two years apart. The band broke up a few months ago and i was SO happy! Hasta la vista "DK"!!!! ;)

k94doc
12-14-2009, 09:56 AM
i wouldn't play the jonas brothers either, but given that my show is primarily alt rock they've never been requested! for the most part, the listeners that are interactive in asking for songs know what my format is, and at most might want some classic rock which is fine. i do tend to do theme shows (i.e. holidays, covers, my celebration for having swine flu :) ) so there are times i might go way off genre, but i haven't had any complaints - yet! people even tend to deal with my penchant for rock covers of lady gaga's "poker face".

as far as what i wouldn't air...coldplay. not a fan nor do i have any of their music. so if it ever came up, i have a built in excuse!

Arfa B!
12-14-2009, 02:04 PM
Hey Doc, I have done my stints on Rock stations over the years, and I hate Queen! Man, they bore the living daylights out of me! Their very early stuff was OK, but the pretentious tat they made, makes me want to heave!

Doc.... what do you recommend? ;-)))

k94doc
12-14-2009, 03:57 PM
Doc.... what do you recommend? ;-)))

uh oh...do i have enough room to type? haha

seriously...the most aired bands on my show are probably seether, shinedown, godsmack, tool, and rob zombie, but i also get a lot of requests for great indie bands such as sekshun 8, tracenine, and flatlined. i also toss a lot of comedy in there too, but have to leave the edgier stuff for night time :P

Arfa B!
12-14-2009, 10:41 PM
;-)

johny c
12-15-2009, 12:10 AM
I wont play Hip Hop, Gangster Rap or anything with swearing in it. I do play the odd Kiwi rap track if I like it. Metallica dont get a go either for the said reason's but I do play some of the other hard rock groups.

flowerpoweroldie
12-15-2009, 10:41 PM
I don't play anything that was after 1979 as it won't be old and groovy baby.

ecvbob
12-17-2009, 02:44 AM
Well as beings the only music I play on my station is music that I own the CD of, and I have to pay for CDs and I refuse to buy Bruce Springstien, Metallica, and others I guess thats music you won't hear on Thunder711. Oh ya and I only play classic rock so that takes care of a lot of "music" I don't care for.

fix2fax
01-03-2010, 01:17 AM
I follow pretty much similar way as johny c by not playing a lot of hip-hop and ganster rap.

rftkradio
03-05-2010, 01:34 PM
I won't play gary glitter or johnathan king , for obvious reasons , If I get any requests for tracks that are hip hop etc that i'm not sure about, I will listen to the track on prefade before i play it to make sure there is no bad language , this has paid off as one time a track was requested and when i had a listen every other word began with F , I run many pre recorded and a few live shows on my station but am lucky in that the dj's are all a pretty good bunch with regard to music and they don't play things that would be unacceptable or which might offend the listeners .

ZBEU
08-26-2011, 05:26 PM
I have and refuse to play a french singer: Christophe Mae ... Singer for little girl... One music and 16 song...