PDA

View Full Version : Place an ad here for free

jkemr
11-17-2008, 09:26 AM
Looking for staff for your station try here for free >> http://www.mediauk.com/ It can be hard to get your ad posted with them.
I got my ad on after 4 trys they kept on saying they only post ads for legal stations :) i sent e-mail telling them i was legal and they must of seen i was now im on.....:) You must be legal station and they do check anyway try them out :) Thanks JK

qmr
11-17-2008, 11:51 AM
You can only place an ad on there if your looking for paid staff or you are a Hospital / Community Radio Station looking for voluntary staff. Internet only stations are not allowed to post for voluntary, this has something to with the minimum wage acts in the UK.

jkemr
11-17-2008, 12:06 PM
Well i told them its non paid and we are internet radio only and they post up my ad :) plus look at the ads on there 2 r 3 others are internet radios 2 non paid ? Thanks JK

qmr
11-17-2008, 05:33 PM
This is from the Media UK Website

"Unpaid jobs, sometimes called "work experience", are normally illegal. Every worker, with some exceptions, is entitled to be paid at least the National Minimum Wage. As at January 2008, the current level of the National Minimum Wage was 5.52 an hour, or 220.80 for a forty-hour week.

Accordingly Media UK no longer accepts advertising for unpaid jobs."

You will find the article here http://www.mediauk.com/article/32681

jkemr
11-17-2008, 08:19 PM
[quote=qmr;18579]This is from the Media UK Website

"Unpaid jobs, sometimes called "work experience", are normally illegal. Every worker, with some exceptions, is entitled to be paid at least the National Minimum Wage. As at January 2008, the current level of the National Minimum Wage was 5.52 an hour, or 220.80 for a forty-hour week.

you will find they post my ad aslong as you say unpaid the National Minimum Wage as no play aslong as you say no pay.its people like you that keep us small people down as i look now its not on so you took it down must of been you well to stay nice your a tw@t ok :) JK

jkemr
11-17-2008, 08:51 PM
we here at BW are here to help small webcasters and so on not slag r bring them down you are not the guy for this forum i dont think so anyway if im wrong then im in the wrong place ... not seen one post by you that adds to the small webcasters r that just me ?

jkemr
11-17-2008, 08:57 PM
This is from the Media UK Website

You will find the article here http://www.mediauk.com/article/32681
yes i agree if its illegal then yes pull it but if its true why not show it as looks like your m8s did ..but you pull it i take it you did as it was there now gone and after your post make me think you did i wont call you to much as i could but wont ..JK admin join the last 3 posts lol

qmr
11-17-2008, 10:31 PM
To put my point across.

I have been in broadcasting for some years now and take every care to ensure that every point/advice is accurate to the best of my ability.

The user "jkemr" had posted advising that MediaUK (of which I have no affiliation to) are able to display adverts for internet stations looking for staff.

I advised that thiis was not the case due to UK Employment Laws and posted a link to MediaUK's article on this.

I did this for one reason only and that was to advise users on this forum of MediaUK's conditions.

jkemr seems to think that I own /run or have an association with Media UK. This is not the case. I would just like to clarify that.

Thank you

THREETEN RADIO
11-17-2008, 10:35 PM
I think that was clear anyway reading this thread through but best you put your side across. Sometimes stating facts to help people can be taken the wrong way and it make you think twice about stating true facts and helping people, I have had it in the past so I certainly think twice before helping. It is a shame the whole thing got blown out of proportion in my opinion.

Mott Productions
11-18-2008, 02:58 AM
jkemr, obviously has a few probelms. Don't take it personally.

-Patrick

itsonlyme
11-19-2008, 09:47 PM
No i think jkemr pick up the wrong end of the stick. And because his ad got took off media uk the same time QMR was going on about media uk. He took it you did it ....Why not say it was not you. And say you dont work for them from the off..save aload of crap and would of saved him from a ban ??

itsonlyme
11-19-2008, 09:54 PM
:)......

itsonlyme
11-19-2008, 10:25 PM
jkemr, obviously has a few probelms. Don't take it personally.

-Patrick
dont judge m8 :) plus look on media.uk site internet stations do put ads up ??:doh:

Johnnie
11-20-2008, 06:24 AM
MediaUK only links to Internet radio stations which they can verify as having the correct licensing in place.

http://www.mediauk.com/article/1