PDA

View Full Version : Flash Now Playing/Pop Up Player

kwdservices
11-25-2008, 12:55 AM
I have had a few people ask us about creating a custom flash now playing script/pop up player to use for their stations and was wondering how many people would be interested in it? We would offer two versions, hosted and non-hosted. With hosted, the script would be located on our website and you would just pay a monthly fee, and with non-hosted you would get the code (encrypted so that you cannot alter it) to use hosted on your website and you would pay a one time fee.

We were thinking about selling it in the $50 range for non-hosted and $5/month for hosted. How does that sound?

See an example at:
http://player.play.it/player/player.html?v=4.1.43&id=121&onestat=wsoc-fm

SpazzRadio
11-25-2008, 01:30 AM
very impressive player Karl.

Would the station have control over the square banner in the player?

Thanks

DirtySouthRadio
11-25-2008, 01:36 AM
that player is nice would the person be able to edit the design background and it would be just to your station right people not going to be able to search other stations i see u have this on the player can i put my own banner and advertzing

SpazzRadio
11-25-2008, 01:51 AM
lol just noticed that is the ACTUAL cbs player. I assume your version would be very close?

kwdservices
11-25-2008, 03:13 AM
lol just noticed that is the ACTUAL cbs player. I assume your version would be very close?

LOL :D

Yes, it would be similar, but obviously not exact because that would be violating copyright laws.

kwdservices
11-25-2008, 03:14 AM
very impressive player Karl.

Would the station have control over the square banner in the player?

Yes, this will be fully customizable if we decide to do it.

kwdservices
11-25-2008, 03:16 AM
that player is nice would the person be able to edit the design background and it would be just to your station right people not going to be able to search other stations i see u have this on the player can i put my own banner and advertzing

If you got just the now playing section, you would not be able to edit it unless it was something like colors, but if you were to purchase the full player, you would be able to customize exactly how you wanted. As long as you provide the graphics (we won't make graphics for you except for the default ones that will come with the player), we should be able to provide the player.

kwdservices
11-25-2008, 03:19 AM
Thanks for the comments.

If we receive more feedback and interest on this, we will most likely go ahead with our plan.

Now what I'd like to know from you two, and anyone else interested, is would you consider this being worth $50 (now playing section only, the whole player will probably be about $15 more) and would you most likely purchase it?

Thanks.

DirtySouthRadio
11-25-2008, 03:24 AM
so for 50.00 im going to get it where i can edit all the adverting banner info the template can i have it the size i want and what if i want to put more then 1 banner rotating

DirtySouthRadio
11-25-2008, 03:26 AM
i think 65.00 would be alot money i think u get more people to buy it make it like 35 just the player and 50 for the full i would not pay 65 dollars i know there alot codeing but 65 would be to much

kwdservices
11-25-2008, 11:09 AM
so for 50.00 im going to get it where i can edit all the adverting banner info the template can i have it the size i want and what if i want to put more then 1 banner rotating

Yes, this is correct.

kwdservices
11-25-2008, 11:13 AM
i think 65.00 would be alot money i think u get more people to buy it make it like 35 just the player and 50 for the full i would not pay 65 dollars i know there alot codeing but 65 would be to much

Just to let you know, we've contacted several other web design companies anonymously to see what they would charge for something like this and the lowest quote we got was $450. The highest one we got was $980.

Just goes to show that we are offering this at a much cheaper price than you can find elsewhere.

I'll think about lowering the price, I just don't want to make it too low and not make anything off of it because it will require lots of our time.

Thanks for the comments Dj Hollywood.

aaronsnet
11-25-2008, 12:45 PM
The problem with a Flash player is that overtime it can eat up a lot of system resources and realy slow down a user's computer while streaming audio. This is why a lot of stations are implementing silverlight players instead.

TechnoKelvin
12-02-2008, 06:01 PM
I would gladly pay the money for a customized version of this player. It's worth every penny.

WayneOwens
12-03-2008, 01:44 AM
$65.00 is very fair...kwd...if you get more people interested in it since your advertising it now...I'll definitely buy it

WayneOwens
12-03-2008, 01:45 AM
Hey Karl,

why did i have the oddfeeling when you were gonna advert this you were gona use the WSOC Player....I had the odd feeling....but hey if you can get us close to what they have...you don't know how grateful people like me would be

DirtySouthRadio
12-03-2008, 03:09 PM
thinking about it now i would pay after seeing the player i rushed judgement with out looking at it first

WayneOwens
12-04-2008, 02:06 AM
Well if the media can't be done in flash with out eating up stuff....I would gladly take just the now playing in flash, because I already have a customed player, and frankly...i'd love even more customization, but i'll take what i can get without eating up a listeners resources

kwdservices
12-04-2008, 02:32 AM
Well if the media can't be done in flash with out eating up stuff....I would gladly take just the now playing in flash, because I already have a customed player, and frankly...i'd love even more customization, but i'll take what i can get without eating up a listeners resources

The flash player really shouldn't eat up too many resources.

aaronsnet
12-04-2008, 05:35 PM
The flash player really shouldn't eat up too many resources.

Oh but it does. I have tried flash with shoutcast myself and slowly seen the cpu meter climb throughout the day. I would recommend trying a silverlight player as an alt.

wildun
12-04-2008, 07:19 PM
I built a flash player to test as I normally just embed WMP. The player I built includes now playing etc. It does tend to continually use more resources from my pc. I'm not a normal pc user as I work my pc extremely hard. Given that, the cpu usage may not be noticeable for an average listener.

I'm looking at silverlight .. I've had it on the pc a while just no time to look at it.

WayneOwens
12-05-2008, 01:02 AM
Oh but it does. I have tried flash with shoutcast myself and slowly seen the cpu meter climb throughout the day. I would recommend trying a silverlight player as an alt.

I built a flash player to test as I normally just embed WMP. The player I built includes now playing etc. It does tend to continually use more resources from my pc. I'm not a normal pc user as I work my pc extremely hard. Given that, the cpu usage may not be noticeable for an average listener.

I'm looking at silverlight .. I've had it on the pc a while just no time to look at it.

I've tried the Silverlight Dev Kit for Windows, and unless one of you guys can get it working, I had uninstalled it because it was a complete frustration trying to get a simple streaming player to build...I followed all the instructions, and still nothing, so I gave up on it after a week of dev work...

tomupton
12-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Great idea, ive been looking for something like this for ages... I would purchase somethign like this if i could customise the code, layout etc

On a different note, i have a site that streams video with Windows Media Encoder, currently we are using the standard windows media player in our php pages. Would a flash player like yours work for streaming video via WME?? i.e. use this player instead of windows media player to play our video?

Hope this makes sense

Regards
Tom

darren
05-26-2009, 01:17 PM

I need a silverlight player for shoutcast, very basic thought just the play button/pause button and volume control. If anyone know about any silverlight player please let me know about it.

frankallen
05-29-2009, 11:10 AM
I think $65 is a good price for me anyway as i am in the uk so around 40 for me. There are products on the market for this but none as cheap, well not that ive found yet !
So i'd be up for it . <(*_*<)

wildun
05-31-2009, 08:38 PM
I've tried the Silverlight Dev Kit for Windows, and unless one of you guys can get it working, I had uninstalled it because it was a complete frustration trying to get a simple streaming player to build...I followed all the instructions, and still nothing, so I gave up on it after a week of dev work...
To be honest I haven't had time to do anything with silverlight, To many projects in the frying pan. I have tested other players made with it and was impressed. When things settle down I'll try building a player with it, if it works as well as the ones I tested I'll share it.

WayneOwens
06-04-2009, 08:05 PM
Please do wildun...I'd like to see it to really see where I coulda went wrong....however, if Karl is still working on those players, I'm still up in the air when I may be able to get one, because I may be getting that oh so unforgettable LOAN!!!! to pay some bills, and the make my station commercially sound and on the airwaves....so in the distant future....you may see Highway 40 Country as WNIH on the FM dial in the North Carolina area....(right now it's just a dream, but hey I've found some sites that can help me out...)

Brutish Sailor
06-05-2009, 01:25 AM
SESAC makes me angry with commercial regulation. VERY ANGRY!