PDA

View Full Version : Where Do You Get Your Music From?

Blazin 97
11-26-2008, 05:10 PM
Sorry I didnt check so I dont know if someone did a thread about this in the past....

I get most of mine legally from places like Itunes and www.mymp3pool.com (http://www.mymp3pool.com), a record pool exclusively for broadcasters. I rely on mymp3pool for the new songs and itunes for the not as new songs and older songs. Also, I get music submitted to me by email sometimes.

What about your station????

WayneOwens
11-27-2008, 12:53 AM
We usually use Rhapsody for outs, and since you have to pay for all the stuff there, we dub the songs using Adobe Audutuin 1.5 to get them and save them in high quality broadcast quality mp3's.

**EDIT** They don't support the country format, so it would be of no use to me, but thanks for the link, im sure there are quite a few stations on here that will find it useful;

SpazzRadio
11-27-2008, 01:02 AM
I use Rhapsody and occasionally Amazon

NickolasM.
11-27-2008, 02:11 AM
Eithere Itunes, Stores, Or Beemp3.com... Free mp3 downloads 'legal'

Ruby Tuesday
11-27-2008, 02:55 AM
Most of our tracks come from the artists themselves and labels.

Blazin 97
11-27-2008, 07:34 PM
Yeah sorry about that, mymp3pool is mostly for broadcasters with an urban format like myself. For only $19 a month & unlimited downloads it is very useful! Sorry that it doesnt do country....

WayneOwens
11-28-2008, 04:42 AM
yeah thats where Rhapsody comes in handy...for 12 a month you can grab songs on the desktop player....and dub them in using Adobe Audition....plus there's tons of country sites out there....so no worries :)

aaronsnet
11-28-2008, 03:11 PM
Wally World

nitnitr
11-28-2008, 08:27 PM
Most of our music comes from the labels through digital services. Most of the indies come direct to us by CD or digital servicing. We fill in with iTunes and Amazon occasionally.

Blazin 97
12-01-2008, 10:53 PM
If my station budget ever goes up I will get the songs from promo only (http://www.promoonly.com):)

GKIye
12-02-2008, 01:37 AM
Hello,

In fact everybody has to buy it !
but you can find some websites at the www who offers promotion to projects from all around the world
I collab with AirPlayDirect and they offer great projects in broadcast quality to AM/FM and internet radio
But you can't become a member without their screening of your project .. so you have to prove that you are a real operational radio - including website etc etc
so .. to receive for free music as non-radiomember you gonna be ignored by their services.

Do you have an own station, please link to
http://www.airplaydirect.com for more details ...
please referer to GKRadio Europe during the submitting of your profile

What about your station????

MADcHATTER
12-03-2008, 03:21 AM
Well many MANY years ago I was a session musician at Criteria Studios in Miami. When all the others were trying to get to know Producers and Artists, I got to know the Soundguys and Techs. Which paid off in the long run because many times I get entire albums before even their first single is released.

And NO...I wont introduce you to them! lol

MAD

dj jeff tripz
01-10-2009, 12:17 AM
i have a subscription to Promo Only.. they have everything!! All genres of all the latest stuff every month!!

Blazin 97
01-20-2009, 08:00 PM
Lucky! What format are you subscribed to? I've looked into that, like $50 a month.... expensive for an internet station.

Dee
01-24-2009, 11:24 PM
Hi I get my music form the Internet, I download it to my MP3 player and I also still buy CD's , they are handy for the player in the kitchen where I blare them while doing my housework.

QueenBee
01-26-2009, 08:58 PM
I am bad...I download a couple of songs a month from itunes but I get loads of them off uhhhh a free site. Not exactly legal. hahaha

ajruss
01-29-2009, 09:31 PM
I am bad...I download a couple of songs a month from itunes but I get loads of them off uhhhh a free site. Not exactly legal. hahaha
And thats why us internet only stations look bad I for one buy all my main stream music rest comes from bands submits or radio station air play sites

Eban
01-29-2009, 11:15 PM
In France we have a system called BYA, it's a software for radio, magazin or media in relation with music. It's free if your radio is legal. It's a pretty good service.

I have to say I download "illegaly" the Promo Only Mainstream CD because in Europe, specially in France, for some artists we are really in late. I'd like to pay for the Promo Only CD but they told me I can't have access 'cause of my location ....Ashame for us, I was and still ready to pay for it.

The good news is iTunes became DRM free, so now we can buy songs on iTunes and put them on air.

Eban

GKIye
02-01-2009, 12:10 AM
Salut Eban,

Can you tell something more about BYA at France ?
Je pense que c'est une système digital qui n'exciste pas à la Belgique ..
You're welcome ...

In France we have a system called BYA

Eban
02-01-2009, 11:18 AM
Salut Eban,

Can you tell something more about BYA at France ?
Je pense que c'est une système digital qui n'exciste pas à la Belgique ..
You're welcome ...

BYA is only available for french radios.

I've already answer to you in private but I think this link could help more people: http://www.radioexpress.com/public/content.php?loc=radioplay.php

For 58€/75USD you have access to the last new single of the famous artist of the moment.

Eban

THREETEN RADIO
02-01-2009, 05:04 PM
I am bad...I download a couple of songs a month from itunes but I get loads of them off uhhhh a free site. Not exactly legal. hahahaDon't post that on here, this lot will lynch you! Don't admit to using cracked software either....;)

GKIye
02-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Thanks Eban for your PM
it arrived A-ok (Y)

Eban

Bizzacore
02-01-2009, 07:57 PM
I've checked out a podfree music site like garageband.com .. there are a lot of great artists on that site (at least in the metal section heh) Check that site out, it's got a lot of local and lesser popular music on it, and some really talented artists

producerpinnell
02-01-2009, 09:44 PM
People think I'm barking when I tell them I get my music from iTunes, especially now as some of their music is DRM free with iTunes +

Eban
03-04-2009, 07:51 PM
2 weeks ago I found this service: http://www.radioventuresinc.com/

I subscribed to the Vanguard selection, for 60$ you have 20 new songs every weeks, it's a pretty good service. I don't know If I will renew next month (because of the price) but it's a good service. There are 4 different selections, I let you check their website :)

Eban

Answers4PC
03-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Well, I used to use Facebooks Free Music Player (which is very good I must say) but I use Spotify now, ( free and legal :)) Try it out! Though, the only flaw is that it takes up quite a lot of your bandwidth and also you can only 'save playlists' Worth a try! Easy setup and Free.!

Eban
03-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Well, I used to use Facebooks Free Music Player (which is very good I must say) but I use Spotify now, ( free and legal :)) Try it out! Though, the only flaw is that it takes up quite a lot of your bandwidth and also you can only 'save playlists' Worth a try! Easy setup and Free.!

I really don't know how you can make a radio with this stuffs ...

Eban

GKIye
03-11-2009, 06:10 AM
This week I received an invite from a NEW European platform who offers new releases to FM and internetradio stations
The compagny is PROMOSYS based in Sweden
Their goal is to expand this service all over Europe, including US artists
They offer all genres ... Currently most of the genres are Pop, Rock, RnB
How to become a member ?
Link to :
http://www.promosys.eu/
- change "select language" into English if you don't understand Swedish :)
- click as station "Radio" and submit your details
- email account and active station website is required ! if 1 of both details are not right your account gonna be suspended
- the service is free to radiostations

If You submit your profile please mention GKRadio Europe as redirect contact to their website ... I do not earn anything for that ... but it can be important to you ... for reason that I have a very nice and great collab with the owners of that service ...
So use my name .. but do not abuse my name :trumpet:

Eban
03-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Are there any artists that we know on the plateforme ?

Eban

GKIye
03-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Salut Eban,

Most of them are currently from Sweden, Norway, Denmark
Its a new provider of digital media to radiostations .. and untill now not very wellknown into the other regions of Europe.
But you only can give it a try.
Into your profile you can select "your genres". This makes that you receive updates of new material once these have been uploaded. Also artists can contact you.
Once again its free to stations .. so stations have nothing to loose

Bonne journée à toi !

Are there any artists that we know on the plateforme ?

Eban
03-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the reply :)

Bonne journée ;)

Eban

bammer
04-24-2009, 03:18 AM
I choose some tunes from the Launch Cast. While some from the other music providers available on the net....There are a lot of them....

metaloz
05-03-2009, 07:30 AM
I'm lucky enough to have support from a few of Australia's local distributors and have access to media sites such as Nuclear Blast, Frontiers Music, Dockyard 1 etc. Our local distro's have been excellent in their support for my show and the network. All mp3's from these sites are individually marked to stop album leaks etc.

Brutish Sailor
05-03-2009, 08:25 AM
Itunes (all the DRM files burned to disk, then re-uploaded from disk to comp DRM free) I stopped using them because of my hate of AAC file format.

THE BIGGEST CAT IM SOON GOING TO LET OUT OF THE BAG....I was reading sound and vision and found these two sites mentioned...

www.musicgiants.com (http://www.musicgiants.com) and www.hdtracks.com (http://www.hdtracks.com)

I dont play much of the genres offered their, but if you are a BIGSHOT pro station with money to blow, I suggest purchasing a custom music delivery from MG.

EVERYONE knows that getting music strait off the CD beats downloads any day of the week.

THESE SITES OFFER 88.2 khs/24 bit (SACD quality) downloads or 96 khz / 24 bit (DVD audio quality !!!) downloads.

So no lossy when converting off a CD at ALL! Better than right off the source!!

BUT! their is a catch. most of the files are FLAC(you wont be able to support this high of a quality in any other systems) But this wont be a problem with listeners provided you are trans coding the source to whatever your fancy, you just need a audioplayer to transcode from that supports FLAC (winamp with flac plugin)

Can anyone say sound quality?!?!?!?!?!

radiowayne
05-03-2009, 08:04 PM
radiowayne notes that for his folk and more format a large part of the music comes either from the artists themselves, their management or pr people, or small folk labels. radiowayne gets some from AirplayDirect. radiowayne is also on the mailing list for AcousticRainbow samplers and the samplers from Oasis CD manufacturing. radiowayne also subscribes to emusic, which has a lot of music for his format.

Wayne G. aka radiowayne
radiowayne.com

Brutish Sailor
05-03-2009, 08:22 PM
Whats up Radiowayne! I haven't heard you for a while in the LC forums!

thecheese
05-09-2009, 11:58 PM
I get NZ tracks sent by NZ On Air monthly. I also buy CD's and have just started purchasing tracks off iTunes.

brandon_g
12-02-2009, 05:11 PM
music.com (http://www.music.com/)for me guys. It's totally legal

Chlozo
03-18-2010, 03:07 PM
Spotify. ;)

Trance Charming
05-21-2010, 08:33 PM
In Italy it's hard to find CDs of trance and progressive tracks in extended versions... so I buy all the tunes I need from beatport and junodownload. Sometimes also collect vinyls from decks.de

GKIye
05-21-2010, 09:30 PM
ciao Italia,

Did you ever checked these sites ? :
http://www.mix.dj (formely known as MixUpload)
http://www.ill-fish.com (the owner of ILL-Fish is Frank Dase)
If you are a dj or broadcaster you are able to make a profile at both sides, after aprovement this gonna give you access to their download section.

Be sure to include a link to your dj website !!
Good Luck !

Trance Charming
05-22-2010, 11:53 AM
Thanks a lot GKR for your suggestion!!
I'm taking in serious consideration the idea to register into the first website you've linked... got tons of trance sets to share with people!

GKIye
05-22-2010, 06:55 PM
Thanks ...

but take also a look at IIL-Fish
Thats a German record label who are making SUPERB and unique remixes "and" they also distribute their own tracks for airplay to djs or radiostations ... (aka pre-releases)
Be sure to add a valid webpage and email account to your signup ... Only people who can prove that they are a dj/mixer or broadcaster gonna receive a download access
Tell Frank you have been told about his project by Me :yes:

Thanks a lot GKR for your suggestion!!
I'm taking in serious consideration the idea to register into the first website you've linked... got tons of trance sets to share with people!

end user
05-28-2010, 10:29 PM
Well I'm just starting out and this time instead of giving a cent of my money to SOCAN I decided to change my music format and go with only Creative Commons licensed music and donate what ever I can to a netlabel/artist.

I'm mostly gonna stick to Goa, Psy and Breakbeats for now and I get my music from http://www.ektoplazm.com http://www.jamendo.com and scouring the Internet for CC licensed electronic music.