PDA

View Full Version : What's the PAL Script, how does it work?

Blazin 97
12-06-2008, 12:32 AM
Hey guys I know this part of the forum is for the inexperienced and people new to internet radio & SAM (I am neither one!) BUT I have never used the PAL Script on my SAM even though I have had it for like 8 months lol and I was wondering how it worked. I have heard you can program certain things to play at certain times. If that is what it does, can someone explain how it works becuase I have a bunch of pre recorded mixshows to play at certain times tomorrow night but I won't be home. THANKS!

Thebig429
12-06-2008, 12:37 AM
Use the event scheduler

SpazzRadio
12-06-2008, 01:19 AM
TheBig is correct, if you are just setting up a show to play the Event Scheduler is easier.

PAL scripts are useful in setting up more complex things

GKIye
12-06-2008, 03:42 AM
A SAM without PAL scripts :)
hmmmm strange ...

There's a wonderful PAL script who can be used to start your TOTH, with a fade out of deck A etc ...
If you shedule at your TOTH a radioset this can be done most easily with your "Event Sheduler"
For example you can load your TOTH at IP top at 00:59:35
to make a perfect fix "and" mix with your Event Sheduler set your radioset as : start file at specific time (once or every day etc) at IP top at 00:59:49
(time is only an example)
A good wink is to leave always a space of about 10 seconds in the "time"-loading of your files .. that way it gonna work out very good

When I have some time left .. I'm gonna make a small general topic about PAL scripts
So ... thats coming soon :)
Hope this was helpfull to You

I have never used the PAL Script on my SAM

GKIye
12-06-2008, 04:55 AM
Hi Blazin,

I just made a topic with a lot of details about PAL scripts and the operational working of SAM ..
The content has a PART 1 and a PART2
Hope this was helpfull 2 U

Blazin 97
12-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Hi Blazin,

I just made a topic with a lot of details about PAL scripts and the operational working of SAM ..
The content has a PART 1 and a PART2
Hope this was helpfull 2 U

Yes it was, thank you!