PDA

View Full Version : New Station Community Feedback

wildun
01-08-2009, 08:35 PM
This is a feedback type post.
I'm building a internet radio/social community type website. It will be a myspace type site but geared toward music and internet radio. It will include a directory of stations so they can submit links to their sites. All members can create a customized profile. The goal is to put stations, listeners, artists/bands, lables, promoters etc all together in one place. I'd love feedback on this.

James
01-21-2009, 11:36 AM
This site --> http://www.iliketunes.com/ <-- is similar to what your suggesting! Except you will probibly be faster at doing it haha (iliketunes has been putting off artists and promoter signups for over a year now :()

Are you still doing this project? Maybe we could all help out!

chq
01-29-2009, 12:02 PM
This site --> http://www.iliketunes.com/ <-- is similar to what your suggesting! Except you will probibly be faster at doing it haha (iliketunes has been putting off artists and promoter signups for over a year now :()

Are you still doing this project? Maybe we could all help out!

but i think radio stations can still signup

wildun
03-01-2009, 12:45 AM
Sorry for way late response .. been tied up like you can't imagine. Yes James, we could work together on this project. I have so much on my plate it isn't funny. Message me,

wildun
05-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Just an update .. This project is still alive and I'm working still on it. My everyday pc had a meltdown and I have been unable to login to BW for awhile. I will be consolidating my station directory and my current music community website into this new site so there will be existing members. Stations will be able to add their now playing info and a link to their station on their profile. It will feature a internet station only directory as well as the regualr profile. This will be like a myspace type site specifically for stations, bands, artists, labels, service providers all (voiceover talent, stream and web providers, labels seeking artists, DJs and syndicated shows etc.). My goal is a one stop anything internet music related. It will include a store that members can sell their goods, mp3s and posters for bands, services by providers and more. I'm hoping to be ready by June 1st, depends on whether everything is scripted and tested by then.

James?

wildun
05-04-2009, 08:59 PM
I assume you are no longer interested James .. I'm old .. not dead and I have a grasp on technology. I just do things different.

wildun
05-04-2009, 09:10 PM
My name isn't John although I condone all he does and respect him immensely... I intend to take it a bit further. Lots of options etc. I'l take the site to the top. Thats my intentoon. It's gonna be the best place to be for exposure .. no players, no rippers, just music by the best stations and artists.

James
05-05-2009, 09:47 AM
wildun, i cant reply to every thread ;) Chill out, sometimes i log in just to check my messages and when i get home i browse the threads :)

We are still willing to help out! You know i wouldnt back down! PM me and we can discuss!

wildun
05-27-2009, 03:24 AM
The site is live and accepting members. It replaces my old internet station directory as well as my station community. I have a few more member sites I'll be integrating into this single site. If you joined the internet directory I suggest you join the new site and resubmit your info, there's only one of me and I hafta one at a time it, may take months to move you. There's support for station now playing both shoutcast and icecast.. the site has options for voice over talent, stations, service providers, bands/artists and promoters to name a few. It may appear a little raw, I'm working on the seams to make it all seamless. Hope to see you there.

Brutish Sailor
05-27-2009, 04:20 AM
It looks good in IE7

Just some bugs with Firefox, putting together the list now.

I like it! I foresee awesome things.

wildun
05-27-2009, 04:34 AM
I had hoped for support from James .. Maybe the format (cms) is to strange. It is different I admit it, but it has the options I want to use. I just change what I don't like, easy enough. As I said.. send me the bugs in detail.

Brutish Sailor
05-27-2009, 04:36 AM
He's been VERY busy upgrading BW with the new "myWorld" status for users, and looking up radio directories to build a list for all the broadcasters to add themselves in. Trust me, if James had free time, he has heavily put hands in for the cause of broadcasting.

Wildun, I think this is going to change the way I do business.

wildun
05-27-2009, 04:56 AM
I trust your judgenent brutish, no worries. If ur busy just say so. I know how it is. If it's it's more .. say that to. I wil never be the perfect person or do the perfect thing,, But I do my best.

Brutish Sailor
05-27-2009, 05:57 AM
I almost got that list wrapped up, and you dont know HOW EXCITED I am about this.

RoxU is looking VERY COOL for all parties of the industry.

James
05-27-2009, 06:02 AM
He's been VERY busy upgrading BW with the new "myWorld" status for users, and looking up radio directories to build a list for all the broadcasters to add themselves in. Trust me, if James had free time, he has heavily put hands in for the cause of broadcasting.

Wildun, I think this is going to change the way I do business.

Bingo ;)
Ive also been travelling, i have settled down in melbourne for 2 weeks and a new laptop so i can do some chatting here and some more coding!

Wildun, the site has been in my bookmarks for ages. I always check it like the daily news sites i visit, loving the changes and i think your site will catch on if you put the effor into it :) Promotion, features and originality are key features i like in your site but a few of the features i cant see becoming too popular like the classifieds but overall, good job! :biggrinthumb:

wildun
05-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Thanks guys.. It is and has been a major effort. I took out the classifieds, you are right, no real use for that option. Didn't realize you were on the road James (travelin). Being disabled I sit at the pc most of my waking hours. I tend to forget other people have lives.. lol.

wildun
05-27-2009, 03:15 PM
I'm working on a store option. This would allow store members to sale whatever, like downloadable software, vo folks could sale generic station liners or custom made liners etc. Any product could be sold in the store.

What do people think? yes or no?

It would be a small yearly fee ($9.95 a year to help cover expenses) to sale as a store member. It will use paypal and sales monies would be sent out weekly to vendors. All products would be uploaded and downloaded from my server, they will reside above the public directory (unreachable without a valid download code). The system will email a unique code to the purchaser to download their purchased product.

James
05-27-2009, 11:18 PM
I'm working on a store option. This would allow store members to sale whatever, like downloadable software, vo folks could sale generic station liners or custom made liners etc. Any product could be sold in the store.

What do people think? yes or no?

It would be a small yearly fee ($9.95 a year to help cover expenses) to sale as a store member. It will use paypal and sales monies would be sent out weekly to vendors. All products would be uploaded and downloaded from my server, they will reside above the public directory (unreachable without a valid download code). The system will email a unique code to the purchaser to download their purchased product.

Sounds like a good idea, but it wont be long til someody finds a way though it to get it free. It always happens, its happened on my site and it may happen on yours. You just have to think the security options! Tell me how it goes! (Y)

wildun
05-28-2009, 08:52 AM
True, there are always those that try to get everything for free. I have a system in place I wrote that so far (knock on wood) has worked flawlessly. I've been using it several years. In a nutshell it detects unauthorized attempts and then sends them to a dummy folder. The dummy folder mimics the real download folder with the exception that all the files are empty. Simple but affective.

wildun
05-31-2009, 06:29 PM
There is a service providers directory included so people can quickly find the services they need (hosting, station imaging etc.). It does however require a link back from participating service providers. You do not have to register in the main site to submit your service, but it is recommended to better represent your service. The featured services on the directory homepage will be rotated a minimum of weekly at this time.

All ready for tommorrows launch.

wildun
06-01-2009, 04:47 PM
The new site is live and officially launched today. A press release has been issued and a google ads campaign launched. I'd like to say thanks to James for his input about the site and hope you continue to offer advice. Also a thanks to Brutish Sailor for all his help. Last but not least thanks to everyone here that is signing up. I truly hope the site becomes a good resource to gain listeners for stations and new customers for you voice over talents.

http://roxu.us

Brutish Sailor
06-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Wild Im really digging the site.

The only thing I think left to change is:

1) my image codes dont seem to be working for forums.

2) I would do a rotating banner rather than the corner sticky ones. They seem to cover content in a couple of browsers.

I started a "bugs and glitches" thread under general forum chat. Also, I dont know what was up, but it wouldn't let me log in today. It had the "transparent" log in screen pop up, but I couldn't enter anything in the entry field.