PDA

View Full Version : Music You Recently Discovered

James
01-21-2009, 11:52 AM
Post some music you recently discovered on the radio, tv or anywhere!

I discovered The Kooks - Sway. Top song! (Y)

QueenBee
01-25-2009, 11:50 PM
A friend just introduced me to this singer called Misty Edwards. I am liking her songs.

Ricardo
04-16-2009, 03:20 PM
I started a thread about Laura Nyro. I'll be checking her out more.

In recent years, I discovered how much I like Yo-Yo Ma and how diverse his repertoire is. Aside from his classical CDs, I have recordings he's done with Alison Kraus, Bobby McFerrin and an album of just tangos.

He also took part in Obama's inauguration.

Brutish Sailor
04-16-2009, 04:55 PM
I am a big fan of a couple of unsigned industrial artist, just because they talk my language of sound quality, and can understand me when I ask,"Can you record it in 24bit 80000 sample rate range? How about sending it to me in Mp3?"

If anyone listens to this type of music, or new age rock, I have some unsigned artist to recommend that REALLY had their act together.

GKIye
04-16-2009, 05:37 PM
Well I just discovered - about a week ago - several of them because I was contacted by an UK based agency named "Deuce"
This is their website http://www.deucemp.com
All their artists are into the Rock and Pop Rock genre

JBVoice
04-16-2009, 06:18 PM
I've been really digging this band from the UK called Go:Audio, their song "She Left Me" was my favorite. They might be big, not sure...I just kinda stumbled across them on the music charts on myspace.

-JB

mwagner
04-17-2009, 12:06 AM
I discovered a band out of Phoenix, AZ called The Love Me Nots and they have an awesome song called "Move On Tight". It's on www.dsnmusic.com (http://www.dsnmusic.com)

There's also a good band called Dust and they have a song called "Personal Rock Star", they also did "T-Bird Romance".

Left Standing and Mercury Bullet are also real good.

bammer
04-22-2009, 03:08 AM
the latest i have really exerted efforts on was John Legend's ordinary people...twas introduced to me by a friend so i got the curious hand to look for it and listen....a sad song for me tho....

Ricardo
04-26-2009, 05:14 PM
I saw this singer/songwriter a couple months ago in a club on a music and comedy night.

She sounded great live and I go to her site every now and then and have a listen to her tunes.

www.robyndellunto.ca

Eban
04-26-2009, 08:57 PM
A french artist named Sliimy, he sing in english, sounds a little bit like Mika, it's very fresh :) www.myspace.com/sliimy

An other french band who sounds a little bit like Phoenix, the band is Inside Jack www.myspace.com/insidejack

We play both of them, "Wake Up" for Sliimy and "January" for Inside Jack.

Eban

PS: mwagner : if u like Phoenix; they made the OST for Marie Antoinette (Sofia Copolla film), some of their singles: Run Run Run, Everything is Everything. U also can listen their last song 1901 on their MySpace http://www.myspace.com/wearephoenix They was in Saturday Night Live recently :) They are french but more famous is US than in France.