PDA

View Full Version : Good or Bad ??

fozzy
03-20-2009, 11:43 PM
Hi boys and girls :p would any of you visit my website and tell me what you think of it so far link in my sig Thanks...(Feel free to register if you wish) :)

Fozzy

GKIye
03-21-2009, 06:12 AM
Hi Fozzy,
I did already Yesterday :)
So I made a bonus visit ... LOL
Can I give you 1 advice ?
Delete your "visitor counter" ...
Important is what you see on your daily / monthly official server stats .. not what is grabbed by an online counter .. these type of counters don't give always the right results to visitors

James
03-21-2009, 06:15 AM
Hi Fozzy,
I did already Yesterday :)
So I made a bonus visit ... LOL
Can I give you 1 advice ?
Delete your "visitor counter" ...
Important is what you see on your daily / monthly official server stats .. not what is grabbed by an online counter .. these type of counters don't give always the right results to visitors
Try Google Analytics. Thats what we use and its just brilliant, easy graphs, referral stats and even monitors your ad revenue (if you use google for that).

http://www.google.com/analytics/en-GB/

fozzy, your banner up the top isnt aligned properly. Its all out of whack (see attachment). Apart from that, looks great!

GKIye
03-21-2009, 06:26 AM
I agree James ... but at my server I have complete stats, graphics, locations by region and country etc etc
and much more :) .. in other words anything that happens or anyone who is making a hit is registrated
So what I see on my server are the physical hits to the server and website content ...
and these are more important to Me than any other online service
but .. anyway .. thanks for the link

James
03-21-2009, 06:28 AM
We have AWStats on our server but we never use it, not as comprehensive as GS.

GKIye
03-21-2009, 06:34 AM
My stats are really very complete - all is included .. even the tracing of files, objects or visitors
so I don't need any online service ... afterall Google knows already more than enough about traffic behaviour :)

fozzy
03-21-2009, 08:49 AM
Try Google Analytics. Thats what we use and its just brilliant, easy graphs, referral stats and even monitors your ad revenue (if you use google for that).

http://www.google.com/analytics/en-GB/

fozzy, your banner up the top isnt aligned properly. Its all out of whack (see attachment). Apart from that, looks great!

Think thats in firefox yes? Not sure why but in IE its ok ...But until you register on website with firefox thats what it do. once you register its fine?
anyone know why this is?

Fozzy

James
03-21-2009, 08:57 AM
Think thats in firefox yes? Not sure why but in IE its ok ...But until you register on website with firefox thats what it do. once you register its fine?
anyone know why this is?

Fozzy
Whats wrong with it?

fozzy
03-21-2009, 09:20 AM
Whats wrong with it?
Like you said james in firefox dont know why it looks abit funny until you register then its ok but in IE it looks fine even if your not a member..
so i dont know whats wrong with it. :)

Fozzy

James
03-21-2009, 09:23 AM
Like you said james in firefox dont know why it looks abit funny until you register then its ok but in IE it looks fine even if your not a member..
so i dont know whats wrong with it. :)

Fozzy
Sorry i thought you were talking about the google thing.. :p

Its the login form up the top, you need to move it or get rid of it.

fozzy
03-21-2009, 09:44 AM
Sorry i thought you were talking about the google thing.. :p

Its the login form up the top, you need to move it or get rid of it.

Nor coz its just in firefox it looks like that look at the screen i took in IE its fine

MarcAlle
03-21-2009, 10:41 AM
There is a growing number of people who use browsers other than Internet Explorer. In my opinion, IE sucks, so I use firefox. Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera all look the same, Internet Explorer is the only one that works

James
03-21-2009, 10:46 AM
I agree, i use firefox only because it uses safe coding practices and it has a better and faster interface. 97% of users who visit our site (Broadcasting World) use firefox. I have to say with some of our traffic also having a chance of going to your site, it is something that needs to be fixed fozzy. :)

fozzy
03-21-2009, 01:09 PM
How Do I Fix It? (I use firefox myself aswell ) was not saying IE is better was just saying it only looks that way in firefox ..But i did not code this site its plat nuke 7.6.5b so its a free cms anyone know how i can fix this prob?

Fozzy

James
03-21-2009, 10:59 PM
Its best if you ask at the nuke forums or where you got the software/theme from :)

Lloyd
03-22-2009, 12:38 PM
mmmm world with out IE... how wonderful.

GO LINUX!:biggrinthumb:
(I think you should all move to Linux.)

right ehm... where was I? um yeah. Your site is quite nice. except for what has already been mentioned. The header.

Also, this is just me, but try having the widgets on each side about the same amount. Or in this case, try moving the "link to us" to the left. It just makes it look more tidy IMOH.

-Lloyd

fozzy
03-22-2009, 02:59 PM
mmmm world with out IE... how wonderful.

GO LINUX!:biggrinthumb:
(I think you should all move to Linux.)

right ehm... where was I? um yeah. Your site is quite nice. except for what has already been mentioned. The header.

Also, this is just me, but try having the widgets on each side about the same amount. Or in this case, try moving the "link to us" to the left. It just makes it look more tidy IMOH.

-Lloyd

Yeah I see what you mean m8 its been done plus one of the admins off nuke site is going to fix my header.php file so it works in firefox :biggrinthumb:

Fozzy

fozzy
03-22-2009, 03:46 PM
OK Problem Fix Thanks to one of the admins off nuke site it was the themes.php file not header file :) anyway its fixed :)

Fozzy

James
03-23-2009, 05:46 AM
Great stuff! Looks much better :D
Good luck with your station!