PDA

View Full Version : Mr Fog

Jinglemaster
03-31-2009, 05:47 PM
Today I had to go to a studio in London. I decided to drive as the trains were cancelled and I was running late, so (wrongly) I went a bit quick. 97mph to be exact - according to the police motorcycle rider that stopped me.

Now, I am one of these people that NEVER speeds, but I did today and I deserved to get stopped. Being an honest type I owned up immediately in the hope that some leniency may take place and pehaps I would get off with a warning. here is how the conversation went:

Policeman: Morning Sir. Is this your car?

Me: Yes Officer.

Policeman: I see. And do you know the speed limit on the motorway Sir?

Me: Yes officer, it is 70mph.

Policeman: That's right Sir. 70mph. And, do you know how fast you were going Sir?

Me: Yes, I was doing 97mph, which I know is too....

Policeman: Exactly Sir. 97mph. And what would have happened to Sir at 97mph if we ran in to Mr fog then?

(Now at this point I am thinking I have got a rejected primary school teacher here, so I decided to play alongh with his way of getting his lecture across to me....)

Me: Mr Fog huh? Well, erm, I would have pressed Mr brake pedal and erm, used Mr headlights. Then I would have slowed down Mr speedo pants and maybe used Mr and Mrs foggy lampoos.

Policeman: Comedian huh? Shall we try that again Sir. I said, what would have happened if we ran into MIST OR FOG?

Dig me a big hole so I can just throw myself in. PLEASE!!!!!!!!:doh:

fridaynightsmoke
03-31-2009, 06:31 PM
Whoops! Hahahahahahahaha
Sorry, I do feel for you, but that's hillarious. What happened in the end? How's your licence coping?
*Luckily* all (bar one) of my encounters with the constabulary to date have been friendly affairs. (touches wood)

Jinglemaster
03-31-2009, 08:04 PM
Nothing happened. It was a joke.:biggrinthumb:

MarcAlle
03-31-2009, 09:16 PM
Funny joke though.

THREETEN RADIO
03-31-2009, 10:00 PM
I think we need a joke/humour section to avoid confusion when jokes like this are posted. I got it and yes it is funny. :biggrinthumb:

fozzy
04-01-2009, 09:40 AM
10 OUT OF 10 M8 Very funny :)

Arfa B!
04-01-2009, 07:10 PM
I spent the evening down "The Factory" once after my mate decided it would be a good idea to tell a policeman what he really thought of him after being pulled for a "routine" check! (I was in the passenger seat of his Hillman Avenger)

I seem to recall the comments were relating to this Police Officer liking ermmmm close relationships with pigs, and also that he doubted whether the Policeman had a father!!:bustedred::bustedred::bustedred:

I can larff about it now....but at the time it wasn't so funny! ;-)