PDA

View Full Version : Re-Branding my voice over business?

JBVoice
10-05-2009, 05:10 PM
Hi guys,

I officially ended my mobile DJ business. This was the main reason we were called "Blue Stone PRODUCTIONS". I now, only offer voice overs. I am really interested in getting my OWN site, for selling MY services. Blue Stone Productions, sounds like more than just voice overs, and as of now, we/I don't offer DJ services (except a few regular clients by contract). So, I'd like to have your opinion for a new website. Names?

I really would like a catchy name like www.ThatVoiceGuy.com (http://www.ThatVoiceGuy.com)

Any suggestions???????

-JB

GKIye
10-06-2009, 12:34 AM
Hi JB,
Well ... just a small idea from Me 2 You ...

- website : jobostone.com (domain is available - similar is already registrated at Denmark as .dk)
- spoken as : Jo Bo Stone
- branding : JoBo Stone Rocks

source = your name JOn BOva + part of your first production compagny

Anyway, I guess Jobo Stone sounds pretty nice as name for a voice-over artist :D

JBVoice
10-06-2009, 02:10 AM
HA! I like it :) I'm going to be making a list of names and letting you guys vote for the best one...Thanks for the unique, yet attractive suggestion!

-JB

PS. Anyone got more ideas to be added to the list? :)

kiwiborn
10-06-2009, 02:12 AM
Yeah, I like it! It sounds good! :)

JBVoice
10-06-2009, 06:33 PM
GKR,

I really love the whole JOBO thing! I might consider using it. The only thing I have against JOBOROCKS.COM is, it doesn't sound like a voice over site........Do you guys think JOBOVOICE.COM would sound just as cool?

or....jobovoiceovers.com????

Let me know :)

If I end up using JOBO, I will put a link to your station on the site :)

-jb

kiwiborn
10-06-2009, 06:37 PM
Jobovoice sounds great! I would run with it. It is snappy, easy to remember.

JBVoice
10-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the feedback! My whole goal was to keep it simple, and easy to remember :)

kiwiborn
10-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Oh no probs. It is always best to apply the kiss principle where possible. People remember them better.

JBVoice
10-06-2009, 07:28 PM
HAHA! That is the principle my broadcasting instructor taught in college a few years back! It's a good principle :)

-JB

kiwiborn
10-06-2009, 07:30 PM
It is definitely a good one!

GKIye
10-06-2009, 11:20 PM
Glad to see that there are still people who believe into the simple things of life (Y)

the kiss principle
its a "golden" rule !

kiwiborn
10-06-2009, 11:41 PM
Glad to see that there are still people who believe into the simple things of life (Y)

its a "golden" rule !
Tis the Kiwi upbringing I have to blame for that one ;)

JBVoice
10-07-2009, 04:42 AM
I launched my site: www.JoBoVoiceOvers.com

I'm still working on it, once its fully accessible, I will be changing bluestoneguys.com to the voice over profiles :)

-JB

PS. Check the site out and tell me what you think!

johny c
10-07-2009, 08:42 AM
Looking great so far. Cant wait until you have a bit more to see.

JBVoice
10-07-2009, 11:42 AM
Hey thanks,

I am working on figuring out the site builder. I went ahead and went with Just Host, so far, they are amazing. But be warned, its not $3.95 a month as advertised, it technically is, but you have to either pay in full for a year or two, I paid for two.....but the domain you have for life...

GKIye
10-07-2009, 01:48 PM
hihihi ...
Superb JB
Looks that I can start a consultancy agency :D

JBVoice
10-07-2009, 09:58 PM
Hey man, thanks again. I will surely compensate you some how. Send me a banner or something and I will put it up on the site :)

GKIye
10-07-2009, 10:57 PM
Thanks JB,
Be patient ... I'm in process for an upgrade of my project
At the time everything is ready I'm gonna notify you by PM

Send me a banner or something and I will put it up on the site :)
Enjoy your evening