woundering if anyone can give me a few pointers

hoperadio
01-06-2010, 02:00 AM
btw i did the BG music in Ableton and Reason

GKIye
01-06-2010, 03:53 AM
Can I be honest ?
It sounds as an old 70s tape deck

Your voice is nearly alive, way to low volume, I guess to much mid tones or you are using an old type of mic and has no sparkle at all
The used bed is about the same ... There is "something" in between but it can't be recognized

I guess that you have a voice to do something with it ... but you have to use the right software, mic and settings
It can be interesting to post first a DRY read / liner made in a way that satisfies yourself aka your best shot
If needed fellow members can adjust some things, so that you can learn how to achieve the best results
After that period of time you can begin to add beds to your DRY reads

I'm not familiar with Ableton ... I work with Adobe (former Cool Edit)
Sorry for my negative review, but thats the best way to help you at this current moment
Good Luck !

JBVoice
01-06-2010, 06:14 AM
I agree with GKR about the voice not being 'alive'. Personally, I think you have a decent speaking voice, however we can't really help you out unless we can hear your voice ;)

My suggestion is to either get a new microphone or fix settings, seems like your low is too far and mid on mixer (if thats what your set up is....?)

Overall, decent first take (should have heard my first attempt LOL). Good luck and I hope we can help you out more in the future!

-JB

djminky
01-12-2010, 03:02 PM
I thought it sounded slightly muffled, and to me it sounded more like a segway rather than a jingle.

Hey, I'm no professional but as a keen Jingle lover, that was my view

Best Wishes

John
(DJMinky)