PDA

View Full Version : Usage Benchmark

Reslez
04-25-2010, 10:04 AM
Hi there,
Noobe here, wondering about radio stats. There are no benchmarks I can find, I'm wondering how we are doing. This is our 1st official month out. Stats as of today sum out to an average of 24 listener peak daily. The stats page i use says TTSL 6,019 hours Uptime 99 % Peak Listeners 57 Average Listen Time 11 hoursMy question is, are these good numbers for a budding station? With no benchmark to reference, this noobe is feeling a li'l clueless. Comments plse.

jamesdean
04-25-2010, 11:12 AM
I would say for a new station that is rather good. Are you listed on iTunes yet? That will get you more listeners than any other directory. However, get listed on as many directories as possible, the more people know, the more potential listeners you will get.

Multus
07-19-2010, 05:34 PM
For a new station is a good result!!!

Brutish Sailor
08-01-2010, 07:45 AM
One thing to make sure you look at is client connections on you server.

Take a look at whos/and whats tuning in from the backend.

Look at the IP's. whois them. Find out where your target audience is.

If they are from 1 local area? Its time to do shout outs, and make sure that you bet a pretty penny someone told them all about your station by word of mouth. Do a shout out to that guy as well, whoever it may be (might be the best way to address them)

Are they from China, South America, and Russia? Are their listening with clients that seem outdated? Could be a ripper. Your streaming independent artist, so many stream ripper bots will see this as uncharted metadata territory (AKA music inventory they dont have) and will ping real fast.

Hope this helps.

EricVdM
08-04-2010, 06:55 AM
for a new station this is real good