PDA

View Full Version : New Staion - Creative Commons only- Electronic Music

end user
06-12-2010, 04:45 AM
So after several years of being away from streaming I got back into it.

Streaming Creative Commons licensed electronic music only.The site/stream is at http://www.efin.ca Currently just a basic site with auto pilot stream till I get some time to finish the site in the next two week, working 6 days per week makes for no extra time.

EricVdM
06-12-2010, 05:55 AM
:welcome: and succes with your new station

saint
06-12-2010, 02:53 PM
With all the daft things the record companies and "licensing" agencies are doing - creative commons and public domain is the way to go for music streaming. PLUS - it gives independent artists much needed air play. EVEN if artists belong to the major record label "CARTELS" they are still not guaranteed of being paid their fair share.

Hats off to you and the best of luck !

GKIye
06-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Well ... I like your topbanner you are using at the center of your index page
Easy and nice !
Congrats with the sound of your project ...

end user
06-13-2010, 01:45 AM
I was going to do my old format but just couldn't stand the thought of paying SOCAN any money which the artists I play would never get compensated for.

So after searching I found a huge gold mine of CC licensed music out there. I was quite surprised how good it is, on par with most commercial music. We're not talking mp3.com days where there was some good artists, but straight our of home studios with commercial quality.

Brutish Sailor
06-16-2010, 08:27 AM
Creative commons is the way to go. Cartel isn't the word, the only thing royalty company's have done is use their power to strong arm mass media distribution outlets to carry only there stuff, and even then, an artist is going to lose a majority of there royalty's to the label.