PDA

View Full Version : Here Is My demo

excelents
07-30-2010, 11:59 AM
Here is my demo that I produced last year of various Idents / Jingles that I have made for people, so it probably needs updating.

Jinglemaster
07-30-2010, 12:13 PM
Hey, I know your voice very well. I have done lots with Hallam FM and Magic 828 over the years. Small world!

You don't need me to tell you how good you sound. Very professional and I would certainly add you to our voice over list.

excelents
07-30-2010, 12:19 PM
Hey, I know your voice very well. I have done lots with Hallam FM and Magic 828 over the years. Small world!

You don't need me to tell you how good you sound. Very professional and I would certainly add you to our voice over list.

Hi,

Alas if only, I'm just a producer but do work with and have met a few of the artists over the years as well as having been a Presenter (drivetime) on a local community radio station.

You Probably recognise Simon Hirst's voice in there he was the former presenter of the Big Drive Home on Hallam FM back in the late 90's. I have however considered giving V.O work a tryout but thats on the back burner at the moment as I am currently producing work for a firm in Leeds that provides Rock and Roll Bingo and Simon Hirst does the lines for that project.

I won't link to the site here in case that is against the rules or if it looks like a spamvert but they are in Morley and you can hear their details in the demo.

Jinglemaster
07-30-2010, 12:33 PM
Oh, you confused me now. So the demo is not you, but a mixture of others that you have produced?

I worked with Roger Kirk, another famous ex Hallam presenter in the mid 80's.

excelents
07-30-2010, 12:42 PM
Oh, you confused me now. So the demo is not you, but a mixture of others that you have produced?

I worked with Roger Kirk, another famous ex Hallam presenter in the mid 80's.

Yes sorry, just a producer at the moment but as mentioned I have considered getting in to the V.O field but having fun producing at the moment which stems from being a small boy and growing up listening to music then listening to DJ's mixing, I became self employed as a DJ in '97 but experience dates back to 1990.

During that time I did the whole community radio station thing as a Presenter doing 13 RSL's etc at two different stations, and when I did my Radio Broadcast Skills and Presenting course that is where I met Simon Hirst a few times.

The station management noticed my skills mixing and asked me to produce some jingles, it was then that every man and his dog started asking for them so I thought that was a natural step to progress.

I joined another another website similar to this where I met Carl Kingstone (formerly of Radio Aire in the 80's amongst other stations) and he introduced me to Mark at Rock and Rock Bingo in Leeds etc and things are and have taken off from there, in amongst producing material for various other people.

I confuse myself sometimes :confused:

Jinglemaster
07-30-2010, 01:11 PM
LOL. It is a very small world in radio.

I owned a flat in Scotland. The flat above me was owned by a young chap who used to practice DJ'ing all day every day. His name? Jeff Graham - yes, THAT Jeff Graham, of Radio Luxemburg fame etc.

GKIye
07-30-2010, 03:13 PM
Hi JM,

excelents aka John is making great "party mixes" who are still into my playlists
I've downloaded them some years ago

So thumbs up John ! :thumbup:

excelents
07-30-2010, 03:20 PM
Hi JM,

excelents aka John is making great "party mixes" who are still into my playlists
I've downloaded them some years ago

So thumbs up John ! :thumbup:

I have another couple of mixes that can be downloaded, I made one specifically for my 40th Birthday which was back in April if you are interested in the links ?

40th BIRTHDAY MEGAMIX

Oh What A Night - Dec ‘63 The 4 Seasons
A Little Respect - Erasure
Building A Bridge To Your Heart - Wax
Come On Eileen - Dexy’s Midnight Runners
I Won’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me - Nick Kershaw
Pride - U2
Always Come Back To Your Love - Samantha Mumba
It’s Like That (sample) - Run DMC ft Jason Nevins
The Lonely Goatherd - Julie Andrews
Another Brick In The Wall - Pink Floyd
Simply The Best - Tina Turner
Take A Chance On Me - ABBA
You Sexy Thing - Hot Chocolate
Brown Girl In The Ring - Boney M
Only You - Yazoo
Walk This Way - Run DMC ft Aerosmith
Hold Me Now - The Thomson Twins
You Take Me Up - The Thomson Twins
Because We Want To - Billie
Mona - Craig Mclachlan & Check 1-2
All Star - Smashmouth
Need You Tonight (sample) - INXS
Jeans On - Dave Dundas
Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick - Ian Duary & The Blockheads
Stool Pigeon - Kid Creole & The Coconuts
A Good Heart Fergal - Sharkey
Jack & Diane - John Cougar Mellencamp
Fire (sample) - The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown
Listen To The Music - The Doobie Brothers
Sexy Eyes - Dr. Hook
I Have A Dream - Westlife
California Blue - Roy Orbison

Download this Mix by clicking here : http://fairtilizer.com/track/137583

SAMPLE MIX 2009

Baby One More Time - Britney Spears
Africa (sample) - Toto
America - Razorlight
The Most Beautiful Girl In The World - Prince
Wee Rule (sample) - Wee Papa Girl Rappers
Africa (reprise) - Toto
Ooops I Did It Again (sample) - Britney Spears
Back In Black (sample) - ACDC
Give Me A Little More Time - Gabrielle
You've Lost That Loving Feeling - Westlife
The Mighty Quin - Manfred Mann
Hangin' Tough (sample) - New Kids On The Block
I Want It All (sample) - Queen
It Must Be Love (sample) - Madness
One Step Beyond (sample) - Madness

Download this Mix by clicking here : http://fairtilizer.com/track/137581

GKIye
07-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Your mixes are always welcome John
Thanks !

Brutish Sailor
08-01-2010, 08:02 AM
I was BLOWN AWAY by the DJ megawatt bit! Not too overpowering, great dialog. +1, great entry!

excelents
08-03-2010, 05:08 PM
I was BLOWN AWAY by the DJ megawatt bit! Not too overpowering, great dialog. +1, great entry!

I made that as part of a spoof ad for Radio Daddy as they were teasing about everyone on the Internet being the No.1 Station :thumbup:

Voxjunction
08-05-2010, 09:04 AM
Great work !

Broadcast Skills and Presenting course that is where I met Simon Hirst a few times.

Hirsty is a very talented guy and one of a number of people who learned their craft at Radio Aire, Chirs Moyles being another.

I joined another another website similar to this where I met Carl Kingstone
Another mainstay of the old Radio Aire team and one of the nicest guys in the business. Any advice Carl gives will be first class.

Jinglemaster
08-05-2010, 09:23 AM
I tell you what Alan, isn't it a small world????

excelents
08-05-2010, 04:02 PM
Great work !

Another mainstay of the old Radio Aire team and one of the nicest guys in the business. Any advice Carl gives will be first class.

I used to listen to Carl on Radio Aire back in the mid 80's when I was but a spotty 15 year old :D

Jinglemaster
08-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Then you must have heard both me and Roger Kirk around that time too.

excelents
08-05-2010, 04:35 PM

Its quite possible, although if I recall correctly I think Peter Levy was on before Carl at Lunchtime. I probably should have been in School at that time :D

Voxjunction
08-06-2010, 08:03 AM
But did you ever find out what Ray Stroud had got in his hand ?;)

Jinglemaster
08-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Ha! Behave yourself!:D

excelents
08-06-2010, 01:04 PM
But did you ever find out what Ray Stroud had got in his hand ?;)

Oh God yeah I remember that now :thumbup:

headrush
11-13-2016, 10:08 PM
nice .