PDA

View Full Version : Strange Message Viewing Post

billh
08-14-2010, 12:08 AM
I was just viewing the "Promotions & Advertisement" board and when I clicked on the first topic "Usage Benchmark"

I get this:

Warning Visiting this site may harm your computer!

The web site forums.broadcastingworld.net contains elemensts from the site countrymuziek.be which appears to host malware - software that can hurt your computer etc. etc.

I don't get this very often and I never had this warning display on BW before. So I was just woundering if anyone else is getting a message like it. When they viewed the post.

Lloyd
08-14-2010, 12:18 AM
Hmmm, strange.

Im not getting it on FireFox 4 beta 3.

What browser are you using?

-Lloyd

billh
08-14-2010, 12:21 AM
I use google's Chrome browser

GKIye
08-14-2010, 02:24 AM
countrymuziek.be is the URL of BW member Eric from Belgium

Anyway ... strange that a message concerning his URL name appearce by clicking an other link ...
very strange isn't ?

Just an idea Bill :
Is it possible that your antivirus has a too narrow setting compaired to your Google Chrome ?

billh
08-14-2010, 02:53 AM
I've been to Eric's site before and didn't get the message, I'll check my settings to see if thats what it is.

shoutcaststreaming
08-14-2010, 04:12 AM
I also get a warning message when I go to countrymuziek.be. I am using Internet Explorer version 8.

It appears that the website is trying to download a file when you first enter the site. It was blocked by my spyware program.

Maybe Eric can chip in and tell us what is happening.

GKIye
08-14-2010, 05:32 AM
I'm also using IE and everything works perfect ...
hmm ... strange behaviour of the www :mad:

I also get a warning message when I go to countrymuziek.be. I am using Internet Explorer version 8.

Lloyd
08-14-2010, 09:51 AM
I get the message if i go to http://nashvillerock.be/

Which is his site im assuming?

countrymuziek.be also gives me the same thing.

johny c
08-14-2010, 10:12 AM
I also get the same thing and Im using Firefox.

MarcAlle
08-14-2010, 02:10 PM
This is an issue with his website and the image in his signature. I've Pm'ed him to see what is going on.

EricVdM
08-21-2010, 09:16 PM
it's a problem of google, last year I had a problem with a pic of an other site that I linked to my website but removed the full page.
When I went to google today to see what's wrong they gave me the same error, the strang thing is that that page doesn't exist anymore on my site. I wrote an e-mail to google, so I'm waiting on an answer.

EricVdM
08-26-2010, 07:28 PM
I get this:

Warning Visiting this site may harm your computer!

The web site forums.broadcastingworld.net contains elemensts from the site countrymuziek.be which appears to host malware - software that can hurt your computer etc. etc.

I don't get this very often and I never had this warning display on BW before. So I was just woundering if anyone else is getting a message like it. When they viewed the post.
Google removed me from the malware list, it can take a few days till a few weeks before other servers get this message from googles system.
It was an error of Google about a problem that I had a year ago and from then didn't exist anymore.

billh
08-26-2010, 07:43 PM
Glad I posted this Eric, I'm sure it stopped people from listening to your show/station. Maybe now you'll get more listeners!

EricVdM
08-26-2010, 07:48 PM
Glad I posted this Eric, I'm sure it stopped people from listening to your show/station. Maybe now you'll get more listeners!

Thanks Bill, I hope so, because I saw the number of listeners to come down to 0 at times :scared:

manxdj
08-26-2010, 09:50 PM
i not had that problem with here but defo had it with radio donkey steaming pile of poo good job i got top protection on my laptop