Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Title
    Senior Broadcaster
    Great simple and easy to use program. Do you plan to add scheduled events for station ids, trailers eg. Great that it can loads .m3u files. Im not a big fan of using sql.

........"Top Music Top of the Dial"
    Click HERE to listen to my radio stream
    Click HERE for Face Book

Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    Hi johny,

Thanks. I can add that to my list of planned upgrades. Thanks for the suggestion!

Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by GKIye View Post
    I visited your website and I miss one important thing ... some screenshots
    Took a little longer than planned but, I do have a link on my site with some screenshots.
    http://lunarcaster.com/index.php/screenshots

Title
    Well ... You did a great job for sure ... Very nice !
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaBearPW View Post
    Took a little longer than planned but, I do have a link on my site with some screenshots.
    http://lunarcaster.com/index.php/screenshots
    Following some ideas, reviews about your project
    (Important : See, read and understand them as a positive input)

I understand the details as following :
    - It gives Me the idea that only playlists (.m3u) can be played at the queue list
    - I wonder if it is possible to create different folders (directories) where the user can add "genres"
    for examples a folder : pop, 80s, 90s etc etc
    - If different folders should be possible, a random play of all tracks (and genres) can be achieved
    LCDJ gonna be able at that time to create a real random "own" playlist of different songs and genres
    - Is it possible to launch a specific TOTH, promos etc at a specific time ?
    The current screenshots learn Me now that it ain't possible

I guess similar questions can be asked by fellow members ...

Anyway, the job you did looks to Me important and it gives the users a view on the operational use of it
    Feel free to add your details, answers etc to this post

The more you tell, the more We know and the better We can explain your project to other members
    Keep up the good work !
    Visit and listen @ BW !

Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    Well ... You did a great job for sure ... Very nice !
    Thanks! I will try to go through what you have written here, one item at a time.

Following some ideas, reviews about your project
    (Important : See, read and understand them as a positive input)

I understand the details as following :
    Constructive criticisim is always welcome. I know LCDJ isn't perfect (and likely never will be). So, no worries. The more feedback I get, the more I can do to improve LCDJ in future versions.

- It gives Me the idea that only playlists (.m3u) can be played at the queue list
    Not exactly. You can drag-n-drop or double-click songs from the Playlist, Search or History Tabs to add them to the Queue. You can also dran-n-drop files directly from a music folder or desktop location into the Queue or drop them into the playlist Tab to add them to an existing playlist. Or drop song files from anywhere directly into one of the players. The m3u playlist files simply provide a mechanisim for storing a certain play queue or playlist for later retrieval without requiring excessive database calls.

- I wonder if it is possible to create different folders (directories) where the user can add "genres"
    for examples a folder : pop, 80s, 90s etc etc
    What can be done right now is to create various playlists in lieu of directories. What I mean by that is, you create a playlist in the Playlist Tab for Pop music (for example). Save that playlist as pop.m3u, then clear the playlist and create another for 80s music and save it as 80s.m3u etc. If you save these playlist files in the LunarCaster DJ\playlists folder, after a re-start of LCDJ, they will show up in the pull-down menu in the Playlist Tab. In this way, you can switch between your various playlist (genres) fairly easily.

- If different folders should be possible, a random play of all tracks (and genres) can be achieved
    LCDJ gonna be able at that time to create a real random "own" playlist of different songs and genres
    If you create a playlist as mentioned above that includes all of your music (I have one like that called full.m3u), you can either load that playlist into the queue and use the "shuffle" button to create a random queue of it. Then click play on one of the players while in AutoPlay mode.

Or you can open the full.m3u in the Playlist Tab and leave the queue empty and just click play on one of the players. As long as you are in AutoPlay mode, doing this will cause LCDJ to pull random songs from the loaded playlist into the decks.

- Is it possible to launch a specific TOTH, promos etc at a specific time ?
    The current screenshots learn Me now that it ain't possible
    No. Currently I have nothing in place for scheduling any kind of events in LCDJ. But, it is certainly something I will be looking into for a future release. Honestly, I have no idea what TOTH is though.

I guess similar questions can be asked by fellow members ...

Anyway, the job you did looks to Me important and it gives the users a view on the operational use of it
    Feel free to add your details, answers etc to this post

The more you tell, the more We know and the better We can explain your project to other members
    Keep up the good work !
    Thanks again. I would be happy to answer any further questions or comments/requests.

Title
    Senior Broadcaster
    TOTH means top of the hour. Its an event or events that is played at the start of a new hour automatically. This could be the station name and address. All so it could be ads and trailers for up and coming shows. These are timed to play hourly at the top of the hour and repeat every hour. But you need to be able to time different files to play at the top of the hour. This can be done by just adding them into the mu3 playlist, but is messy because the timing could go out very quickly. it needs to be a timed event.

Click HERE for Face Book

Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by johny c View Post
    TOTH means top of the hour. Its an event or events that is played at the start of a new hour automatically. This could be the station name and address. All so it could be ads and trailers for up and coming shows. These are timed to play hourly at the top of the hour and repeat every hour. But you need to be able to time different files to play at the top of the hour. This can be done by just adding them into the mu3 playlist, but is messy because the timing could go out very quickly. it needs to be a timed event.
    Ah...I see. Makes sense. We have something similar set up via sc_trans on the radio I work for. I assume this should be possible by allowing events to be scheduled in a similar fashion as with sc_trans. So, for example, if I have a station identification mp3 that I want played TOTH, I would schedule it to play at a specific time and have a repeat option for it as well where I would then set it to repeat every 60 minutes. In this way, I could also setup another mp3 (an advertisement for example) to start at 30 minutes past the hour and repeat every 60 minutes as well. So, in the end, I would have my station id played at TOTH and an ad played at half past every hour.

Obviously I could continue from there and include options for setting what days of the week they should be played on, maybe an expiriation date (for ads) etc.

I think that would allow for a fairly flexable scheduling option. Does that sound about right?

Title
    Senior Broadcaster
    Yes that is what we mean. If you download and have a look a Zararadio the automation software I use, you will see how to set up the advents and maybe able to adapt them for your software. Zararadio is freeware.

Click HERE for Face Book

Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    Hi papabear

in the version 1.0.5 does the program still copy an entire folder of music or have you fixed that? i tried the Beta version a while ago and found it wasn't useful because of that problem.

Would like to know before i try and install again.

Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    Hello RDJUser,

I'm not sure what you mean. I honestly don't remember LCDJ ever copying music folders. Could you please explain exactly what was happening so that I may look into that further?

Paul