Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    Gary we understand you don't think the software is worth $129, so what do you think is is worth. I have sent you several personal messages to get a more detailed idea of what you don't like, but for some reason you don't reply. You are representing RadioDj free software, it does not give you the right to blindly dis-credit my software.

I tried to use RadioDJ, and to set it up and run my station it was IMPOSSIBLE, It did not make sense to me and was very difficult to understand . It was extremly difficult to use, and so was all the other sofware I tried. So that is why I created my OWN.

It appears on the surface that you are just trying to dis-credit my software because you are threatened by it. I and several other testers have been running NEXTKAST to automate very successfull internet stations. I have allot of emails from all over the world from people who LOVE the software.

It runs my station, www.saDanceRadio.com 24/7.

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    Sorry Lmarrie, just had to take care of something,

As per your question, did the new tracks show up in the track list, Did you make sure the tags we set properly.

If you still are having problems, I can do a skype session screen share to show you in more detail how to get it working

Thanks
    Winston P
    NextKast Developer

Title
    Actually you answered my question, I didn't tag the files. I will try to check it out tonight. Also is there the ability to record the stream?

Title
    Hi Winston,

It was the tagging issue, I figured it out. I probably won't get to do a full exploration or even broadcast using your software before the trial is up because I have a lot going right now. I would like to try it in a live broadcast before I make a final decision but so far I really like it.

It really isn't that hard to use BUT for $129 I should not have to click around the software to figure out how to use it, nor should I have to set time aside to do a Skype conference (even though it is a very gracious offer). There needs to be either written documentation or a full how to video that users can access at their leisure.

I also think that because this program is so new and basically still in BETA, pricing it at only $20 less than SAM PLUS (an older and well documented program) is a bit high (for now). I feel that with a little more testing and also with proper documentation on how to use it, this will be a great program.

I have been eagerly looking for a program like this as a SAM alternative that had built in encoding and this is probably the one I will go with. Since we are primarily talk radio we don't need a lot of the extras that SAM has.

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    Lmarie,

Thanks for taking the time to respond and try the software. The software works for 346 hours of operation, so whenever you get time you will be able to fully evaluate it.

My original goal was to make the software so simple that full documentation is not needed and the simple video gets people going. Having said that I will work on some more videos and simple help files.

The SAM version you are speaking about is tied to a stream provider, it will only work with thier stream providers, the lowest cost SAM version that is free to use with any stream provider is $299.

Thanks again for your input.
    Winston P

Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    axisdj, that's a good start. You should fix some bugs, eg. software crashes when I remove one of the MP3 files from disk (and the file is used in the rotation). Also I don't understand why it takes about 3 seconds to start.

Don't listen to Gary as he's obsessed with free software Good luck with your project.
    RadioBOSS Radio Automation Software: http://www.djsoft.net
    RADIOBOSS.FM Icecast/Shoutcast stream hosting.

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by djsoft View Post
    axisdj, that's a good start. You should fix some bugs, eg. software crashes when I remove one of the MP3 files from disk (and the file is used in the rotation). Also I don't understand why it takes about 3 seconds to start.Don't listen to Gary as he's obsessed with free software Good luck with your project.
    Mine crashed too but I thought I had done something wrong. It was also after deleting a file that was in the rotation.

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    If I understand you correctly, that bug was found and fixed a couple of days ago, the new version is posted on www.nextkast.com .

If anyone does find a bug, would like to request a feature, or any other issues or recomendation please email me at axisdj@world-net.net, I'll be happy to promptly reply and address the issue.

I have decided to adjust the price as an introductory price, the updated price can be found at http://www.nextKast.com

Just a quick note, I take my internet station VERY seriously, it can be heard at www.saDanceRadio.com, with over 240,000 tune -ins a month according to Shoutcast ttsl reports, I understand how crutial it is for the software to be stable and work well. I would not ask you to use a software for your station if I was not absolutly confident it will be reliable. I am running the same version posted for my station, and I have been running my station with nextkast for almost 2 YEARS now. I could not have built a station like that with bad software.

Thanks looking foward to feedback.

Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    When it can not select a track for rotation it pops up an error in a loop.
    You use software in your own way because you know it. But other people use it in another way, and it leads to some unexpected behavior.
    I think you need a fresh look on your software, hire professional software testers and they'll find bugs for you. You'll be surprised with number of bugs they'll report to you. Remember, less bugs = more money

3-8-2013 9-14-08 PM.jpg3-8-2013 9-14-13 PM.jpg
    RadioBOSS Radio Automation Software: http://www.djsoft.net
    RADIOBOSS.FM Icecast/Shoutcast stream hosting.

Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by djsoft View Post
    You use software in your own way because you know it. But other people use it in another way, and it leads to some unexpected behavior.
    I think you need a fresh look on your software, hire professional software testers and they'll find bugs for you. You'll be surprised with number of bugs they'll report to you.
    QFT^^

Most of the bug reports I have received for my software I may have never noticed on my own because I simply would not have tried out that particular scenario myself.

Instead of hiring any professional testers, you could also offer a few free copies (licenses) of your software to people to be testers for you. With the understanding that they should report back to you once a week or so, to let you know how things are going.

Just a thought.