Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    I think that is a great idea, I did have 4 testers testing the software for the last three months, they are all running stations right now with NextKast... but having said that if anyone is interested in becoming a BETA tester for the software please contact me.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Title
    I don't think anyone is suggesting your software is bad, but as the last commenter said we all use the software in different ways. For example I do talk radio so not only do I need the automation for when my show is not live, but I also need it to be stable when used manually to make changes on the fly.

I am going to email you about making a tutorial on using the software for a live broadcasting situation.

Thanks!

Title
    "please email me at axisdj@world-net.net, I'll be happy to promptly reply and address the issue."

Three days later and still waiting for that "prompt" reply.

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    Hello Lmarie,

I never recieved your email, It may have gone to my spam folder. Please resend message to winston@saDanceRadio.com,

Thanks
    WP

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    We are still looking for a few BETA testers for a NEW version of Nextkast.

The requirements are:
    1. You will have to run an Internet Station with the software 24/7, and send me the link to listen.
    2. will will have to report bugs and suggest enhancements to the software functionality.
    3. Little experience with radio automation is preferred ( we do it a bit differently, so an open mind is a MUST)
    4. You will recieve a free registered copy for your efforts.

if you fit the criterea and would like to become a Beta Tester, please email me at winston@saDanceRadio.com

Thanks
    Have a good week.

Title
    There's so much for internet/semi pro automation software programs out there, that it's a buyers market. My limit is $50 for actually paying for software, unless the features are so unique and substantial I cannot get them anywhere else.

I might give this a try. I don't like the GUI really. I prefer what is common for professional broadcast automation software with the conveyer belt /cart machine look. radio DJ is the closest in this class. the problem is, radio dj to me is too needlessly complicated for what I want and need and setting up the my SQL database is far too frustrating for me on XP pro. I'm a hobbyist. The older machine with the minimum amount of resources used, the better. SAM is a resource hog and far too pricey.

Station Playlist seems to be a standard at the LPFM level...too pricey for me, but you can run it on win 95 and is solid.

I stick with zararadio for the reasons above and it works for me. I use outboard processing and a real audio console, because that's what radio is about to me. You loop the audio through the console, and hey, you go live now and then with CD players, turntables, and the automation system in live assist. 16 years in the industry and collecting vintage broadcast gear, yeah, that's a professional setup.

if you can give me what mediatouch, scott studios or even digital jukebox can do for $129, You've got a customer, otherwise, they're all just basic players and interchangable and subjective if one is better then another...it's personal preference at that point.

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    Just an Update:

We have been working hard to implement the features people are asking for.

New version Now available at www.nextkast.com

New features include:

Multiple Encoders with support for Shoutcast1 and 2 and Icecast 1 and 2 and Live 365.
    Included mp3 and aac+ encoding for built in encoders
    Many bug fixes and improved performance

Thanks for checking it out

Title
    thanks

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    New version on website with minor bug fixes, please send feedback if you have questions or concerns.

www.nextkast.com