Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Title
    Previously Known As Supercabby

Radio Daddy Forum

HI Everyone

Does anyone here use the Radio Daddy forum? Just wondering what your experiences of using this forum have been?

Personally I have not found the experience to be that good, i registered on their forum and because I gained a few ideas and used a couple of jingles that members had made i felt that I should sign up for the Elite Membership by way of thanking the forum for what I had gained from it. Now some may say that my experience of their forum was not that bad but I have had more help from members of this forum and obviously this forum is FREE.

Recently I put up a request for Dry Liners in their free section and the topic was automatically closed and locked by one of their moderators with no explanation! I later found out that because I am an Elite Member I was expected to put the request in the paid for section and pay people for doing the liners for me at a rate of around $5 each, seems strange to me that people who merely register on their forum can ask for things to be done for them for nothing but if you pay towards the forum then you are expected to pay again for dry liners which members who pay nothing get free! Go figure that one out?

Also it seem that those who gain "Voice Pro" status on that forum tend to be very condescending towards other members, also moderators and admins never really reply to any questions and when they do reply they remind members that they run the forum for free! Er NO, not want you are charging people for "Elite Membership" it is not free and those paying members should get a service!

Well the result is that I have now cancelled me reoccurring payments for my membership and will probably not be renewing it anytime soon, for the rates that their voice pros expect in payment for Dry Liners I can get a lot more from commercial production houses here in the UK, also the guys who run those production houses here in the UK seem to be a lot more helpful, always willing to chat, offer advice and a lot more, thats what I expected from radio Daddy with my "elite membership"

Just wondered what experience any of you guys have had with the Radio Daddy forum?

Title
    Administrator
    This is why we exist Supercabby Broadcasting World was started as an alternative to RD.

Title
    Never heard of it.
    Didn't know it existed either.

Cheers
    Real AM Radio - Alternative music for the connected Lifestyle
    www.realam.ca

Title
    Thanks James, I am so pleased that Broadcasting World exists as Radio Daddy must really deter people from getting into internet broadcasting, to be honest Radio Daddy Forum is a prime example of everything a forum should not be like!

Title
    At first BW (broadcastingworld.net) was seen by RD as similar and a rival to their forum
    However that ain't so. BW stands for broadcasting in general, and not only for free VOs, drops etc ...
    That free service at BW (with yes or no donations made to the VO as favor and thank You) stands for "a part" of the service of the forum
    To some of the new members it can look that BW is lesser active than RD, but BW is doing it on an other level
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercabby View Post
    to be honest Radio Daddy Forum is a prime example of everything a forum should not be like!
    However everyone can pay and become a premium BW member, ... but see it as a kind of donation who makes it possible to keep BW "aired"

Last but not least :
    -RD is an US based forum and is using USA standards and sometimes their attitude is way different than the behaviour of other parts of the World
    Example : I'm a former RD member who made lots of produced edits as contribution. So I was known and respected by many of them.
    Once I received from the official agency a special drop made by Dolly Parton
    So I uploaded this "exclusive" drop to my RD profile ...
    Result : topic has been closed and I've got "banned"
    Yes sir ... banned ! My upload was a violation to their RD royalty policy !!!
    Imagine ... A free official artist drop send to Me by Her official agency !!
    However at RD there are many many many topics with "free" artist drops ... but mine was a violation
    After that "final" issue I became a member to BW

- BW is an Australian based forum and has a complete other attitude
    There are members from a lot of different countries ... even Pakistan and Iraq etc etc
    Lately I made an ID pack for a project at Iraq ... Imagine ?! With the RD policy I never should been able to do that

So far my 2 cents of the story
    Visit and listen @ BW !

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    Had the same experience , the site was great years ago but I found it hard to get voice tracks done and find commerical voices to do for pay!.I am a voice pro on the site but moved away because of the system of thanks (it is expected, I would like it if I do a good job) . Haven't been in there for ages.

Title
    Your experience of Radio Daddy seems to have been much the same as mine Colin, initially I found it good for getting ideas hence the reason I took out the Elite Membership but when I asked for help it either got ignored or the topic was lost, total waste of time in my opinion.

Title
    Fanatic Broadcaster
    I was on RD for two months awhile ago. Free member for about a month then paid a month. I'll never use them for anything, I don't know what standards they use U.S. or what ever it is based on. The people seemed rude and I just didn't like it. I'm known to say whats on my mind and tend to tick people off at times. But I'm still a member of BW and the people here are great if you ask me. I got more help here in a few months than I could have in years on RD, if you ask me. I'm in the U.S. and if they are an example of US standards, I don't want any part of it. I'll stay with BW, even though I don't do any broadcasting any more and very few voice overs.
    "I'm Retired" Donations PayPal.Me/artistview . I only do dry reads, if you want FX's you'll have to add them, I might add them. If you use my voice please link to my art site AbstractArtist.xyz, Thank you

Title
    -RD is an US based forum and is using USA standards and sometimes their attitude is way different than the behaviour of other parts of the World

I think the US users if this site might find this statement to be rude and offensive based on the context in which the statement was made. Why does where the site is based have to have anything to do with the type of people who visit the site?

I am sure there is a mix of nations there just as there are here. Everything isn't for everybody so get in where you fit in is what I say, but don't make derogatory remarks about groups of people based on their geographic locations.

Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    I have been a member of RD since 2007 and have for many years been a Production Pro in fact I was the first Production Pro on RD as they had previously only had voice over artists. I first came across James at RD and because of that I became one of the first members of BW and became a moderator here.

I think it is a bit harsh to say VPs are condecening on RD, yes some might be. In general the vast majority of members at RD want to grab freebies and run. Many are rude with it. RD I feel caters for a different audience to BW and because of that moderators and VP and PPs can show signs of being battle worn. I have to say RD is very different from when I first joined and many great VPs who are friends have left in great numbers. BW exists for a different type of member and is run by James on a more demorcratic basis and is a friendly site with the odd occasion when things get heated. James is always looking for improvements and to his credit asks members and mods to contribute.

We all must help James develop BW and contribute where we can.
    Just a few of my thoughts.
    Mark