Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercabby View Post
    The other funny thing I have noticed with some internet radio stations advertising for DJs is they insist you have a condenser microphone and will not allow you to DJ on their station if you do not have one, funny how some of the biggest commercial radio stations actually use dynamic microphones rather than condenser mice.

I am sure that most of these stations insisting on condenser mics dont even know the difference between the two!
    Exactly!

The three most used microphones in the industry are dynamic! The Electro Voice RE20, the Electro Voice RE27, and the Shure SM7B. All of them are dynamic.

Title
    You are all very correct ... I think some of the station owners actually forget that the people coming in to do shows on most of these station are volunteers ...so whilst I understand the need to have a criteria of people you want for your station ... most of them just end up going OTT as shown by the examples above ....
    LinkedFm ...Creating connections ... www.linkedfm.com

Title
    The other funny thing I have noticed with some internet radio stations advertising for DJs is they insist you have a condenser microphone and will not allow you to DJ on their station if you do not have one, funny how some of the biggest commercial radio stations actually use dynamic microphones rather than condenser mice.

I am sure that most of these stations insisting on condenser mics dont even know the difference between the two!
    For radio work, I can't understand why they would want a condenser mic! It will pick up every little noise, including their breathing. For VO work, condenser-yes, for radio work, condenser-no way! If your going to use a condenser for radio work, you better have a really super quiet studio and no squeaky chairs!

Title
    Senior Broadcaster
    Maybe they are saying that because I have heard a few net radio station's where they have been using cheap headset mic's. You can inmagine what they sounded like.

........"Top Music Top of the Dial"
    Click HERE to listen to my radio stream
    Click HERE for Face Book

Title
    Previously Known As Supercabby
    Yeah agree on that point Johny but it would adequate to say a decent quality Mic, some headsets have very good mice, there are some that are produced especially for DJs

Title
    Senior Broadcaster
    Yeah agree on that point Johny but it would adequate to say a decent quality Mic, some headsets have very good mice, there are some that are produced especially for DJs
    Hope the mice dont bite your ears Jamie

........"Top Music Top of the Dial"
    Click HERE to listen to my radio stream
    Click HERE for Face Book

Title
    Previously Known As Supercabby
    PMSL Johny, only just noticed that mate