Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What Automation Software Do You Use, And Why?

What automation software do you use and why?

What makes this program unique? What makes it stand out from the other automation systems?

Title
    That's a BIG question Matt. Everyone will have their favourites and all are valid depending on your scenario of operation.

Now with that out of the way, I have been using RadioDJ software now for over a year with the stable 1.60 version and have just recently upgraded to the latest beta 1.6.2.5. Usually, in any beta you won't start using it on the air as it's a beta, but I like to live on the edge. LOL. Seriously it is darn solid.

What makes the program unique? For me everything is database driven which makes creating automatic rotations, playlists, live assist scenarios pretty solid.

What make the program stand out? Well again that is user preferance and your mileage may vary, but the interface is very Broadcast Radio Friendly which is a non windows look that make the entire screen real estate Radio ready. It is pleasing to the eye. If I have to stare at a screen for a few hours, it has to look and function well. I like the event countdown and timers, Slots view of what is coming up and what has been played and functions for going live or live assist is well thought out.

That's about it, and again that is my preference of RadioDJ. There are great programs out there and your mileage may vary and the most likeable reason is that this particular piece of software is free.

Cheers
    Real AM Radio - Alternative music for the connected Lifestyle
    www.realam.ca

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanlen View Post
    That's a BIG question Matt. Everyone will have their favourites and all are valid depending on your scenario of operation.

Now with that out of the way, I have been using RadioDJ software now for over a year with the stable 1.60 version and have just recently upgraded to the latest beta 1.6.2.5. Usually, in any beta you won't start using it on the air as it's a beta, but I like to live on the edge. LOL. Seriously it is darn solid.

What makes the program unique? For me everything is database driven which makes creating automatic rotations, playlists, live assist scenarios pretty solid.

What make the program stand out? Well again that is user preferance and your mileage may vary, but the interface is very Broadcast Radio Friendly which is a non windows look that make the entire screen real estate Radio ready. It is pleasing to the eye. If I have to stare at a screen for a few hours, it has to look and function well. I like the event countdown and timers, Slots view of what is coming up and what has been played and functions for going live or live assist is well thought out.

That's about it, and again that is my preference of RadioDJ. There are great programs out there and your mileage may vary and the most likeable reason is that this particular piece of software is free.

Cheers

Couldn't have put it better myself +1

I have to say that RadioDJ is the easiest of all the automation software I have used, Works just fine and doesn't rely on external scripts to run it. It stands out from the crowd I suppose because it's totally free.

http://djgarybaldy.co.uk
    http://djgarybaldy.co.uk/radiodj-fre...ation-software
    https://www.facebook.com/DJGarybaldy

Problems with your current automation program? Why not switch to Radio DJ Free Radio Automation Software instead? It's 100% FREE & reliable. http://radiodj.ro

Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    Well, everyone's advertising here. I'll do it too.

RadioBOSS allows you to start everything right away. No external dependences: no need to install any 3rd party apps or plugins. Minimum efforts on configuring things. Free stream hosting for RB users.
    Get on air on day one.
    RadioBOSS Radio Automation Software: http://www.djsoft.net
    RADIOBOSS.FM Icecast/Shoutcast stream hosting.

Title
    Ah bueno listo 30 segundos mas? o ok ?

Very good replies. RadioDJ is definitely a superb piece of software. The same goes for RadioBOSS. Both are very user friendly. Like many, I've been using SAM Broadcaster. I've used many different pieces of automation software and come crawling back to Spacial every time. I guess I'm just used to it more!

Title
    That's the best thing lately in software specific for radio broadcasting Matt is the variety of choices out there and the ever increasing feature set across the board from the new developers that were unheard of a decade or so ago and only available in the x thousands of dollar and higher range only applicable to mainstream broadcasting networks so it's great when you find one that just seems to fit like a glove and doesn't break the bank there is no turning back.

Cheers
    Real AM Radio - Alternative music for the connected Lifestyle
    www.realam.ca

Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    I agree. I've been using only SAM since about 2002/3. Have just grown used to and accustomed to the software.
    Just am very comfortable using it.
    Everyone has their own likes and dislikes about certain software and feature sets....We are entitled to that.

I've tested and played with many other suites around. Just not going to pull the plug on SAM.
    Last edited by Urban Hitz Radio; 03-26-2013 at 06:13 PM.
    -- JE

.::.(())::. Urban Hitz Radio™ USA .::.(())::. The People' Choice for Hip-Hop & R&B!
    Listen to Urban Hitz Radio - GET A Local or TOLL-FREE Request Line NOW...Only $2 Monthly *Request Line: (855) 588-6767

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Hitz Radio View Post
    I agree. I've been using only SAM since about 2002/3. Have just grown used to and accustomed to the software.
    Just am very comfortable using it.
    Everyone has their own likes and dislikes about certain software and feature sets....We are entitled to that.

I've tested and played with many other suites around. Just not going to pull the plug on SAM.
    Exactly how I am Urban... I've been using it for years now and have grown to it. It's an excellent piece of software for any station!

Title
    I like Direttore and Zara radio. Both have free versions which do plenty and are stable. I have tried all the others but these two are my favourites. Short answer but factual.