Title

Laptop or desktop ?

I enjoy working on a laptop because I can work anywhere, but when I'm recording and editing in the studio, I prefer the flexibility of a desktop.

Title
    because a laptop typically uses an ungrounded plug you can experience a lot more equipment noise I prefer to use a desktop for recording, broadcasting and editing

Title
    Thank you very much for your comments, greetings.

Title
    I have a desktop as my main unit, unless I'm out of the studio then I use a laptop. During a live show I have two machines one for automation and the other has my show notes and such.
    Donald M.
    Operations Manager
    The Indie Authority - The Authority On Indie Music!

E-Mail: dmiller@theindieauthority.com
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/theindieauthority
    Twitter: @theindieauth

Title
    All of the above, I broadcast on each of them.

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by wtiadmiller View Post
    I have a desktop as my main unit, unless I'm out of the studio then I use a laptop. During a live show I have two machines one for automation and the other has my show notes and such.
    Me too, I'm recording and editing in the studio by desktop.

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    I prefer to broadcast with my computer rather than smartphone. I am still not convinced live broadcasting from smartphone all that reliable. Although I have been working on doing on location segments from my smartphone. There is a few details and logistics to work out.

Due to what talk about during my episodes I need to be able to show links during the broadcast. I can only do with display capture from my second monitor.

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    Laptop is another thing while desktop is also another thing. If you're looking for stability, go for desktop. Laptop is a handy tool that you can bring anywhere but the connection on the area you're in is not guaranteed good for broadcast.

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    I use a desktop so my station is required to stay in the same place. A set place in the house is best for a working environment.

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    I will only broadcast my shows from my studio and will connect the laptop directly to the internet. These days I have been broadcasting on location reports and updates/commentaries with my smartphone to post on my official instagram page.
    The latest news, discoveries, interviews all the time on news magazine #goingbeyondtheheadlinesforanswers importantnewsforyou.com