Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Title
    Administrator

BW 2015 [Discussion & Updates]

G'day guys,

I have been working hard on the new BW lately. We will be launching shortly, hopefully in the next few months.

All new responsive design (ideal for tablets and mobiles), new sections, everything will be AOK and working too!

I have some screenshots below for your keen eyes, I would love some feedback and suggestions on what you want.

If you'd like to test it out for me, shoot me a PM and i'll send you the private link.

Hope you're all well,
    James
    Last edited by James; 07-22-2015 at 06:58 AM.

Title
    Sometimes I wonder ... Why We all have learned HTML, PHP etc etc
    These days HTML5 etc ... and for sure it all has to be capable to work on mobile devices

Once upon a time ...
    A website had to be clean, the more details the better, pictures, and users loved a font of 10 or 12px and without too much scrolling

These days at several websites "scrolling" looks like a new hobby with font types who are way too big
    Mobile devices teach Us how to do it ... a website has become a kind of spot who isn't important anymore

However tablets are getting larger / bigger day by day ... I wonder if a font of 10 or 12 px gonna become popular again into the future

So far my 2 cents ... not important, I was just willing to share my point of view
    Visit and listen @ BW !

Title
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by GKIye View Post
    Sometimes I wonder ... Why We all have learned HTML, PHP etc etc
    These days HTML5 etc ... and for sure it all has to be capable to work on mobile devices

Once upon a time ...
    A website had to be clean, the more details the better, pictures, and users loved a font of 10 or 12px and without too much scrolling

These days at several websites "scrolling" looks like a new hobby with font types who are way too big
    Mobile devices teach Us how to do it ... a website has become a kind of spot who isn't important anymore

However tablets are getting larger / bigger day by day ... I wonder if a font of 10 or 12 px gonna become popular again into the future

So far my 2 cents ... not important, I was just willing to share my point of view

Believe me, I am a fan of the smaller fonts too. But our stats have been increasing in terms of mobile usage, plus Google penalises websites in search results without mobile websites. So, we have to make the move to a new layout otherwise we will be behind the times.

Unfortunately in terms of mobile/tablets, the rule is fonts of 13px or larger apply otherwise they are automatically scaled (and they look terrible!).

Hope you will all like the new design and interface of the site, will be much easier to navigate, will help gain new traffic to the forums too (we have been quiet lately!) and lastly it will be a huge step forward for us!

-J

Title
    Administrator
    Here's some images of a mobile view. The menu expands when you click on it, everything is well spaced and easy to read

Title
    Administrator
    Here are some screenshots of the new forum template. Much cleaner and refined. Thoughts?

Title
    Looks a little barebones for me, but as long as the forum works, I use iPad mainly, but occasionally on laptop too.
    Lets face it , with forums it's the contents more than the look
    There is always time for coffee and tunes.

Title
    Senior Broadcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevy6 View Post
    Agreed. I dont like how its a pain to post pictures. And the fact others cant view pictures unless they have ten post or more.
    KNSJ.org / 89.1 FM San Diego

Title
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevy6 View Post
    Looks a little barebones for me, but as long as the forum works, I use iPad mainly, but occasionally on laptop too.
    We will have a touch friendly interface for the iPad so there wont be any more squinting at the screen!
    Agreed, any suggestions on what sections you'd like to see in the forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Brutish Sailor View Post
    Agreed. I dont like how its a pain to post pictures. And the fact others cant view pictures unless they have ten post or more.
    I'll look into a better way to post pictures and that will fix the ten posts or more as that is in place for voiceovers/sound effects (pictures and audio files are counted as attachments).

Title
    Senior Broadcaster
    Thanks James
    KNSJ.org / 89.1 FM San Diego

Title
    Administrator
    Coming along nicely. Just developing the Stations section and doing some extra testing.

Should be launching soon. I'll let you all know when!