Title
    Junior Broadcaster

I need a wireless mic system

I am looking for a handheld wireless mic system that has a range of at least 400' or even a little more. It will be used for sideline reporting and other things but when doing sideline reporting it will be a long distance from the base to the mic. I would like to keep it under the $400 mark as we are a school on a budget. I really like the Audio-Technica System 10 Digital Wireless - Handheld System range but it only has a range of 100' is what they say. Does anyone know of any good deals out there that would work? Thanks.

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    As I rethink my distance I don't know why I decided 400'. I guess that would be by running a cable down, around under and over things to get it to where I need. I guess as the crow flies and in a straight line it would be closer to 200' max. Does that help my cause?

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    It will be a straight line of sight and no obstacles in the way. After taking a measurement I have found that the distance is going to be less than 150' at the possible farthest. We can always make sure our sideline reporter is never too far away I guess. I have no idea how I judged it to be so far in the first place. I guess I'm a guy judging distance.

Title
    I found this mic that may work for you. I'm not endorsing or promoting this mic system, as I've never used one. I was doing a quick search and come upon this system. It says it's good for up to 200 feet, and comes in just under the $400 mark.
    http://www.amazon.com/Shure-PG24-SM58-X8-Wireless-Microphones/dp/B004K9VUZQ/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1443397566&sr=8-7&keywords=long+range+wireless+mic

Or here is another one that you can compare with the one above. It's a few dollars more, but has a perfect 5 star rating, and comes in right at $400 with a range of 250 ft.
    http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/XSW35-A
    Last edited by Wayne S.; 09-28-2015 at 12:08 AM.

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    You may have some difficulty in finding a brand new mic in this range. I guess you should checkout some online classified sites where you can get pretty good deal.