Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    Classical music and talk. At least it's not covered by copyright.
    EMZT Radio. Come, let your ears bleed.

http://emztradio.mywebcommunity.org/

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    Live 365 announces they're shutting it tight next Sunday (1/31)

http://www.radiosurvivor.com/2016/01...utting-jan-31/

Title
    Premium Member
    That's not a surprise.
    SCS - Dedicated Bandwidth Servers
    Shoutcast / Icecast / Windows Media
    Transcoding - Auto DJ - Mobile Radio - FLASH Players - Auto DJ
    Broadcasting World's Stream Host of the Month

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    I'm about to make the announcement on our website. We're just about ready to make the flip from music to OTR/Talk. This is ripping me apart.

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dotme View Post
    That petition is full of inaccuracies. It's title says "Opposition to Copyright Royalty Board's decision on HR-1733" - First, the CRB has nothing to do with that bill and certainly didn't make a "decision" on it. Second, the bill has nothing to do with the expiration of the rates we have all been paying. Third, the bill is ONLY about FM radio paying for an FM transmission and not at all about online streaming. Finally, the bill is not yet signed into law (and if the NAB has anything to do with it, it will probably never see the light of day). However well-intentioned it may be, that petition was created by someone without a full understanding of the situation, the law and how this process works.

In comparison, in 2007, SaveNetRadio generated a MILLION phone calls to Congress. A petition with a few thousand signatures, incorrectly worded and aimed at the wrong place will, I'm afraid, have no effect or even make us look like we have no public support this time around.

As many of you know, I was deep into this in 2007 (I started SaveNetRadio before turning it over to DiMA/Qorvis) and I'm not sitting here doing nothing. I'm making plans. Brutish speaks wisely though. We may need to act, but not yet. Without getting into specifics, there will be talks this week. I believe those talks need to take place FIRST. I believe we should give the sides some room to see if a non-adversarial solution is possible.

I know many here stand ready to act if that turns out not to be the case, but I'd encourage everyone to hold their fire. We're more effective if we all aim and fire at the same target at the same time. IMHO we're just not to that point yet, and until we know how the talks are going, we don't know what our call-to-action should be. Hope this makes sense....

Hi Dotme, I did get your message on one of the other forums, but could not reply due to some spam filter. I agree with everything you say, they are some well meaning campaigns out there, but all of them aiming at different targets, lessening the effectiveness of the message we're trying to push across.

On a large scale, the response has been rather muted, aside from us dedicated broadcasters, and the petition which you have noted.

What will be interesting is come Mon 1st Feb, when the switch to Live365 is permanently turned off, how many broadcasters will come out of the woodwork.

Regarding savenetradio.info, I welcome any input. LMTTRR has volunteered to do some PSAs at the streamlicensing forum. I've done some myself, but admitfully voicing PSA's is not my strongest skill, so they're there until we get better ones.
    Last edited by 2prfm.com; 01-31-2016 at 04:03 AM.

Title
    Looks like Live365 is already shutting down, poked onto a few listening buttons of some stations, and getting "error... cannot connect" messages. Uh well uh well., very troubling times ahead.