Title
    Administrator

SMS / Request Lines

Curious,

What do you use for SMS? Do you just have a mobile phone or do you use a web service to receive SMSes?

Also, how do you handle requests? Through your radio automation, do you have software, custom coded, email?

Title
    Fanatic Broadcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Curious,

What do you use for SMS? Do you just have a mobile phone or do you use a web service to receive SMSes?

Also, how do you handle requests? Through your radio automation, do you have software, custom coded, email?
    This is something i have been trying to figure out. I run Sam and I'm told there is a way to make this work. It is somewhat confusing to be honest. I think a more user friendly way of achieving this would be one headache less for everyone with minimal coding knowledge.

Check us out www.itsjustradio.org

Title
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by frankallen View Post
    This is something i have been trying to figure out. I run Sam and I'm told there is a way to make this work. It is somewhat confusing to be honest. I think a more user friendly way of achieving this would be one headache less for everyone with minimal coding knowledge.
    This is part of the reason why I am asking believe it or not haha.

Title
    I personally use twilio and had to learn their api and code my own way of retrieving those messages as well as handling the voice functions. However I haven't managed (or even tried) to integrate it with SAM broadcaster but suspect it could be done.

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    yea how can it be done, i use sams request template