Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Title

Radionomy

Does anyone have any idea what's going on at Radionomy with the new royalty rates?
    They must be affected one way or another?

Title
    For the few weeks I've been signed up, it looks like business as usual. I was looking at them as an alternative licensed platform to broadcast, but the service is horrible.

They seem to have great difficulty in letting me know my stream IP URL, Port number, and password for putting into SAM, for live broadcasting. Before getting this info, you are expected to fill out pages and pages of clocks, plans, boxes, and so forth, which I've tried, and still get this weird Guid and API number which means nothing.

I've left feedback on their board, telling them that I expect to see this information after TWO CLICKS. Failing that, I couldn't be bothered.

Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    They seem to have great difficulty in letting me know my stream IP URL, Port number, and password for putting into SAM, for live broadcasting. Before getting this info, you are expected to fill out pages and pages of clocks, plans, boxes, and so forth, which I've tried, and still get this weird Guid and API number which means nothing.
    I had heard from several other users how Radionomy expected you to jump through several hoops before they would let you broadcast this just confirms it. You have to achieve certain listener figure targets within a fixed period...Otherwise they shut your station down.

Won't be signing up to Radionomy anytime soon that's for certain. Besides I don't like Internet radio that carries adverts I listen to Internet radio to get away from Ad's on the "Mainstream" stations.

Proud USER of RadioDJ since 2011 people say I'm biased!

Online: Twitter - Blog - RadioDJ

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by RDJUser View Post
    You have to achieve certain listener figure targets within a fixed period...Otherwise they shut your station down.

I knew that, but though it turned me off at first, I thought if I could sign up within a few minutes, get my stream info, hook it up to sam then I should be fine. My way of playing them was if they deleted my station, I would have just opened up another account. (for example user000001 user000002 user000003 and so forth)

I would have had their radio page coded into my own website, so if the station was deleted, I would have opened a new account, quickly recoded my webpage, and had the station up and running again within a few minutes - well that's at least what I thought anyway.

But yeah, now knowing how much work one has to put into getting a station started on Radionomy, I understand the blistering anger people feel when their stations are deleted out of the blue.

When it comes to their manuals and help sections, their staff need to understand the TL DR principle. Their help section on planning could fill an old fashioned library of britannica encyclopedias. Okay, a little exaggerated, but that's the drift of it.
    Last edited by 2prfm.com; 01-25-2016 at 09:20 AM.

Title
    Senior Broadcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by RDJUser View Post
    I had heard from several other users how Radionomy expected you to jump through several hoops before they would let you broadcast this just confirms it. You have to achieve certain listener figure targets within a fixed period...Otherwise they shut your station down.

Won't be signing up to Radionomy anytime soon that's for certain. Besides I don't like Internet radio that carries adverts I listen to Internet radio to get away from Ad's on the "Mainstream" stations.
    Couldnt agree with you more. My buddy has given me constant feedback about them, saying that they harassed him with threats to increase his listener count, or be cut from the list of stations/ Owed cash, and at a cost higher than the average stream host. Their not some white knight noble charity, their a business, strait up. Just operating at the speed of a charity.

Which brings me to my next two hot topics with these guys.....

1) They own shoutcast, which they bought from AOL. Im curious to what happens to shoutcast if radionomy closes.

2) What kind of manning do they have at this company? I heard big hitter billets (no one can forget where Rihanna came out to the radionomy booth), and had HUGE hopes for these guys (Dave and I both) and after that? Stagnant.... not just stagnant like the creative rush had stopped......it was stagnant in a way that says "years of nothing happening....". If their an organization that small, why not go community powered?

what they should have done years ago, brief summery:

a) The whole company sat down in a room for two days, and figured out how to reorganize the website. Changed the font, and the layout. hated the layout, the revision 1 before they went big was kinda cool, but it probably had legality issues.

b) Make themselves not look sketchy. The whole operation kinda feels sketchy. their dialog to response feels sketchy. When I dont get responses to emails, I'm not saying their wrong, as some of my rants way-back-when made no sense (and some of my current ones do the same)

......BUT....(horrible way to start a statement).... I do get that same creepy vibe that I got when looking at SWCAST website. the kind of vibe that says, "We neglect the site, because were too busy raising money to read and respond to emails, emails from fans, curious people, ROYALTY AGENCYS, FEDERAL COURT, (ECT)." .........

.... I just get that vibe from them. Even when they started trying to PR themselves by posting on this forum/other internet forums across the web. It was like ,"Here is our post to make it known were not evil. Do you hear us? Good. We want nothing to do with feedback or your forums in general, good day to you all"

That was about the time the image of radionomy in my mind went from "the paladins of internet radio"...... to Randall Krause doing a rail off a big hairs neck in some gaudy 80's nightclub, and than screaming, with eyes bulging, "I OWN SHOUTCAST PUNKS! WOOOOOOWH!" with more shots coming to the table.....

Just my general image of the company now-a-days.
    Last edited by Brutish Sailor; 01-26-2016 at 10:41 AM.
    KNSJ.org / 89.1 FM San Diego

Title
    Content Manager
    Who at Sound Exchange did you talk to about Radionomy not paying Streaming Royalties ?

Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Trip View Post
    I talked to Soundexchange last week, and was told, Radionomy is not paying royalties for 2016, and I found they didn't pay for 2015 either. Found the list that didn't even include them in 2012.

I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole.
    If you're going to post stuff like this at least post some evidence to back it up.... Hard facts is what people need!

otherwise it sounds like Sour grapes and a good whine...

Title
    I think generally in an industry like this, it's not a good idea to piss off your clients. If the business in question is not completely legit, disgruntled clients will do everything to discredit, and to a further level dob the business into the relevant governing parties. I know in some ways this sounds childish, but it's a real risk companies like Radionomy will have to take seriously.

In the current legal environment, I would suggest that radionomy should bend over backwards to make new clients feel welcome; making their platform as easy as pie to work with, and to stop deleting stations.

Everyone is human and feels that they have placed much work into their station, regardless how someone else may think. When that work has been deliberately destroyed, then it's only human behaviour to bight back.

Personally I thoroughly check out these things before going hell for leather. The difficulties in using the platform, and station deletions is noted by many users on several boards. So for me, this was great finding all this out, before committing to the service - it will prevent future disappointments.

In the end, this is something that cuts both ways. For as awful and inpersonal radionomy maybe, it's also the responsibility of the station owner to know these things before joining.

Title
    Content Manager
    Some people are born ignorant, some people have to really try and then there are those that are just trolls . . . .

tj7gukeidrt8giwgivpl.jpg
    Last edited by saint; 02-04-2016 at 04:30 PM.

Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    Way to troll someone Trip .... I was asking YOU to backup your spurious claims about Radionomy.

I shouldn't have to search Google for evidence about something you stated. I'm sure as hell not going to call Belgium to speak to Radionomy about the matter either!

As it goes I have searched Google to do research on the subject and you know what? I can't find any evidence to back up your claims Strange that!!!

If your going to spread malicious gossip about a company have the evidence to prove those things otherwise you could quite easily get yourself into all sorts of trouble.

Now If you don't mind I have someone nice to go and help...