Title
    Junior Broadcaster

Hi capacity hosting.

I'll welcome suggestions for decent hosts providing capacity for thousands rather than hundreds of sim listeners.
    Last edited by Heyes; 01-13-2016 at 11:48 AM.

Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    For thousands of simultaneous listeners I'd suggest acquiring a dedicated server. Do it only if you're sure that you really need that much listeners, otherwise you'll end up wasting money on a dedi.
    RadioBOSS Radio Automation Software: http://www.djsoft.net
    RADIOBOSS.FM Icecast/Shoutcast stream hosting.

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by djsoft View Post
    For thousands of simultaneous listeners I'd suggest acquiring a dedicated server. Do it only if you're sure that you really need that much listeners, otherwise you'll end up wasting money on a dedi.
    Thanks.
    The dedi route seems sensible as the likely cost of around $500 monthly for a decent/genuine unmetered 1Gbps server is ok.
    My reason for asking, is to see if there's a viable and simpler option which doesn't require server config and management.

Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyes View Post
    My reason for asking, is to see if there's a viable and simpler option which doesn't require server config and management.
    You can order a dedi server and install Centova, or any other stream control panel - it will do most of the hard work for you: you'll get Shoutcast/Icecast and easy way to configure everything. Depends on how well you know (or ready to learn) unix. Otherwise, just find a company that offers managed dedicated servers for streaming.
    RadioBOSS Radio Automation Software: http://www.djsoft.net
    RADIOBOSS.FM Icecast/Shoutcast stream hosting.

Title
    Dedicated server is the best option for you.

Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    If you need a refereral to a top notch, high quality Dedicated provider, let me know, I'll get you hooked up!
    -- JE

.::.(())::. Urban Hitz Radio™ USA .::.(())::. The People' Choice for Hip-Hop & R&B!
    Listen to Urban Hitz Radio - GET A Local or TOLL-FREE Request Line NOW...Only $2 Monthly *Request Line: (855) 588-6767