Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title

Best way to increase listeners

Hi ive been trying to increase my listening audience with no success so far, any tips as to how to get folks to listen, seems most people just want to use ipod or spotify

Title
    I'm also interested, gaining new listeners is easier said than done :/

Title

Title
    when i was doing internet radio i used alot of sites to add my talk show to and no matter how many sites i added to i never got any listeners

Title
    There is also http://www.radio.de/

Title
    It depends on the country of audience and also the language. If you wish for english audience, you should try to advertise locally or on certain niches that can allow you to draw more specialized listeners.
    Host.AG - High-End European DDoS Protected Dedicated Servers

Title
    Although I promote my station as much as I can through social media, I found that the best way is to have a some sort of guest appear on the station. This will effectively bring the guests' audience to you, and some of them will decide they like your other programming and stick around.
    radio: datafruits.fm
    stream hosting/streaming platform: streampusher.com

Title
    We were a games orientated station at the beginning, but we added an android app, to our array of listening options like media player , real player, and a windows gadget too. but our biggest listener base is via games, we have created plugins to add to game servers, across 6 games, which allows gamers to tune in, request songs , shoutouts and also give the DJ/presenters a djftw, all live and in real time. We also have a chat room but that's to have direct chars with the presenter.

But out we found live presenters always draw more listeners than an auto DJ, so I would say fill your schedule, but give your station as many options to be heard as you can.join forums and share share share your station name everywhere.
    There is always time for coffee and tunes.

Title
    Hi! I'm in The US but am affiliated with three UK licensed and legal internet radio stations. We increase listener stats by doing the obvious; great music, great presenters, joining as many social media sites and groups as possible, CD giveaways, and listening to/interacting with our listeners via social media and email. Stream reliability is very important; we just changed to a different server company and the difference in strength and reliability is like night and day! Without our listeners we wouldn't be doing what we're doing 24/7/365. Our motto for both our Presenters/DJ's and our listeners is "Have Fun!" Sure, we have to abide by The DMCA just like everyone else, but we have fun in the process! I'm new here and hope this reply is helpful.