Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    I don't think you're quite grasping this: The software isn't working on either 32 bit or 64 bit machines.

This is the error I get on the 32bit Windows 7 machine

You've missed something somewhere when you've packed the .exe file that's what i think anyhow. Its a pity because I'd really like to see what this software is capable of.

Don't shoot the messenger but its not just me having trouble getting it to install/work and that's on different peoples computers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RDJUser; 08-17-2017 at 03:06 PM.

Proud USER of RadioDJ since 2010

Online: Twitter - Blog - RadioDJ

Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    Hello again. No more virus warnings for either download. That's a start.

However, when I run the qmod.exe, I do still get a warning every time from Windows Defender:

"Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.
    App: qmod.exe
    Publisher: Unknown publisher"

So, you may still want to check that link I posted for Windows. Once you get them straight, it should clear up that annoying issue at some point.

I took a chance and ran it (More info/Run anyway). The program starts and I see an initial window from Qmod. Just a couple seconds later, it crashes.
    There is a qmod-log-2017-August-17.txt file created that has the following text:

"2017/08/17 18:13:23 [Invalid number of channels]"

Info about my PC:

Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Core 2 Quad @2.4 GHz
    3 GB RAM

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    @PapaBearPW,

Ok, that's a start, it's still not clear why others have a SideBySide problem but my guess is it's a missing system dll. I've got 3 windows PC: 2x 64bit Win10 and 1x 32bit Win7 to compile the 32bit version and there are no extra dlls or the like installed, just those 4 files (previously 5).

About the invalid number of channels, unfortunately there's no more info available. Not your fault but the system doesn't give more. Could it be that you've got a some sort of multi channel audio card it's referring to?
    When you start Qmod for the first time it's using the default audio card.

Cor

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    @RDJUser,

I compile a new 32bit version. The previous one was compiled with the wrong manifest file. amd64 instead of x86, so please check out the new file.

Cor
    Last edited by Qmod; 08-17-2017 at 07:07 PM.

Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    OK. So, I went in and double-checked my default device settings and noticed Windows had a USB device set as default recording device/microphone. Funny since I don't HAVE a USB mic. But I remembered that Windows keeps setting that for some reason lol. Changed it to the correct mic and VOILA, Qmod is up and running.

I'll give it a spin and let you know how it's working.

Quote Originally Posted by Qmod View Post
    @PapaBearPW,

Ok, that's a start, it's still not clear why others have a SideBySide problem but my guess is it's a missing system dll. I've got 3 windows PC: 2x 64bit Win10 and 1x 32bit Win7 to compile the 32bit version and there are no extra dlls or the like installed, just those 4 files (previously 5).

About the invalid number of channels, unfortunately there's no more info available. Not your fault but the system doesn't give more. Could it be that you've got a some sort of multi channel audio card it's referring to?
    When you start Qmod for the first time it's using the default audio card.

Cor

Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    I'm giving up on this POS until I'm made aware of a stable release I can get the program started but then I just get (Not responding) when I go to click on config.

Proud USER of RadioDJ since 2010

Online: Twitter - Blog - RadioDJ

Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    Unfortunately, I have the same problem as RDJ. When trying to change things in the Config section, the entire program stops responding.
    When I close the program (because it stopped responding), it doesn't actually close, but stays open in the background and I have to kill it from the Task Manager.
    I hear nothing but noise the entire time it is running. Like a mixture of static, muffled sound from my mic, and feedback loops.

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    @RDJUser and PapaBearPW,
    Sorry to here that you ran into problems.
    Thanks for the effort and time anyway.
    If I may ask, what processor runs on your PC?
    I'm testing on an Intel NUC with a i5-5250, 8GB ram and a Steinberg UR22 mkII USB audio card at a samplerate of 192000.

Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    Running Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHz 64bit
    3 GB RAM
    Sound card is just a Realtek HD on-board sound card. It was configured at 16 Bits, 48000 Hz. I changed it to 24 Bits, 192000 Hz and now Qmod is working much better. Not freezing up and very little noise (some noise is expected with this crap mic I have in my headset).

So, I'm going to play around with it some more and I'll let you know how that goes.