Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    Am surprised it's taken this long for it to happen especially after Vivendi dropped them last year (the reason for their re-branding) as they've forever had money issues.

So them complaining the existing service isn't making the money needed isn't all the surprising + the OVH service was unreliable at the best of times but it's most likely over-subscription as a means to try & keep costs down vs not wanting to pay for developers / support staff to do what's actually needed to improve & fix things.

I'd doubt they'd charge for the DNAS itself (that implies a level of support & maintained development they don't want to seem to do) & since they're an Icecast shop, you're more likely to see the DNAS go away than become paid for imho. It's all sad really as there was a chance to do something good & they've just trashed the reputation of so many things *shrugs*

-dro

Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    I've got someone on another forum swearing blind that he's heard they are going to start charging for the DNAS part

I'm trying to get an official response on the Winamp/Shoutcast forums But I doubt that will happen.

You know what rumour mills are like....

Proud USER of RadioDJ since 2011 - People say I'm biased!

Online: Twitter - Facebook - RadioDJv2

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    Maybe they will charge for the DNAS but the company most likely won't say anything until it happens either way (as is their way with such things).

Also the hidden replies about the demise of the free streaming service also speak volumes... didn't see them until finding the article & this thread.

-dro