Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Smart Mix Player - new Auto DJ software with broadcasting feature

    Hello everybody,

    I believe I made an unique piece of auto dj software with features never seen before. It can also be used as playout system.

    "Smart Mix Player" plays audio files as a non stop mix. Songs are perfectly mixed together (in sync with the beats and also harmonious!).

    More info & demo video at: https://www.smartmixplayer.com

    I would love to get some feedback. Would this be interesting for internet radio stations?

    Martin

  2. #2
    GKIye's Avatar
    Title
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    @ home
    Posts
    2,975
    Rep Power
    67
    Hi Mart,

    First of all welcome to BW ... all the way from Australia

    I checked Your website and demo ... and it looks AMAZING.
    A great job for real !
    The software does what You write about it.

    Interesting that it has a feature to stream through Shoutcast and IceCast.
    Also IDs can be played ...
    Can these be scheduled at specific times (every 3 tracks etc) ?
    Can a TOTH being scheduled at the "top of the hour" ?
    What about if Katy Perry plays in front of Imagine Dragons ?

    I'm sure the beatmixing does a great job, but some songs has a complete other bpm.
    A lot IDs are sometimes used to make a break during a broadcast ... so those has also a complete other bpm.
    Is the software able to adjust itself to these changes in tempo ?

    If possible for You, I would like to hear a demo with some random songs ... e.g. some Top40 + ID followed by some old tracks + ID etc
    That would give all members a perfect view on how the software reacts.

    Is there a tab available who can be used to add DSP's ?
    That is important if users are willing to achieve a typical sound to broadcast ...

    Anyway, You did a superb job !
    Last edited by GKIye; 09-04-2018 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Typo
    If You Like My Work Which I Have Done For You

    Visit and listen @ BW !



  3. #3
    RDJUser's Avatar
    Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Harpurhey, Manchester UK
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    12
    You say no refunds how am I to know how stable your software is if I can only run it for 15 minutes on the Trial version?

    I may find it doesn't suit my needs If i purchase it and then I would be €40 down and I can't afford to lose that kinda money I've been bitten by other automation software in the past.

    You don't give users the chance to find out how stable and reliable it is by not letting them demo it for a longer period most other software trials are around 14 days/51 hours in some cases.

    I wish you all the luck in the world with this but I'm afraid I'll be sticking with my current software.


    Proud USER of RadioDJ since 2011 - People say I'm biased!

    Online: Twitter - Facebook - RadioDJv2

  4. #4

    Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GKIye View Post
    Hi Mart,

    First of all welcome to BW ... all the way from Australia

    I checked Your website and demo ... and it looks AMAZING.
    A great job for real !
    Thanks! :D

    Quote Originally Posted by GKIye View Post
    Also IDs can be played ...
    Can these be scheduled at specific times (every 3 tracks etc) ?
    Can a TOTH being scheduled at the "top of the hour" ?
    What about if Katy Perry plays in front of Imagine Dragons ?
    At this moment scheduling songs is not yet possible but I can build this in a new version if there is a need for it. To be honest I have no experience with radio automation software. This started as a hobby project and I later got the idea that such player would also be interesting for radio stations. I now want to expand the software and adapt it to the needs of the users.

    Quote Originally Posted by GKIye View Post
    I'm sure the beatmixing does a great job, but some songs has a complete other bpm.
    A lot IDs are sometimes used to make a break during a broadcast ... so those has also a complete other bpm.
    Is the software able to adjust itself to these changes in tempo ?
    If you don't use ID's, the software generates a random playlist where the bpm also runs up and down randomly. The differences in bpm are therefore never too big (the range is adjustable).

    Quote Originally Posted by GKIye View Post
    If possible for You, I would like to hear a demo with some random songs ... e.g. some Top40 + ID followed by some old tracks + ID etc
    That would give all members a perfect view on how the software reacts.
    I would love to do that, but i can't due copyright. I don't want to bring my small company in trouble. Ofcourse I have tested this by myself and I can ensure you that it does sound good.


    Quote Originally Posted by GKIye View Post
    Is there a tab available who can be used to add DSP's ?
    That is important if users are willing to achieve a typical sound to broadcast ...

    Anyway, You did a superb job !
    It has build in gain control (keeps volume to the same level). I will consider to integrate other DSP's in the next version. Thanks a lot for your suggestions!

  5. #5

    Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RDJUser View Post
    You say no refunds how am I to know how stable your software is if I can only run it for 15 minutes on the Trial version?

    I may find it doesn't suit my needs If i purchase it and then I would be €40 down and I can't afford to lose that kinda money I've been bitten by other automation software in the past.

    You don't give users the chance to find out how stable and reliable it is by not letting them demo it for a longer period most other software trials are around 14 days/51 hours in some cases.

    I wish you all the luck in the world with this but I'm afraid I'll be sticking with my current software.
    Good point and you're right! Therefore I am going to change this on the site and give a 14 days money back guarantee.

  6. #6
    RDJUser's Avatar
    Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Harpurhey, Manchester UK
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    12
    I think 14 days would be acceptable to most people, any chance of making the demo period 5 hours like RadioBoss? I also think you should klimit the demo to so many uses too say about 20 that's more than enough to demo a product.

    I know of plenty of Linux users who would be interested nothing serious has been done for Linux radio wise since IDJC and I found that hard to use.

    I've just tweeted about it....


    Proud USER of RadioDJ since 2011 - People say I'm biased!

    Online: Twitter - Facebook - RadioDJv2

  7. #7
    GKIye's Avatar
    Title
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    @ home
    Posts
    2,975
    Rep Power
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by martmix View Post
    If you don't use ID's, the software generates a random playlist where the bpm also runs up and down randomly. The differences in bpm are therefore never too big (the range is adjustable).

    I would love to do that, but i can't due copyright. I don't want to bring my small company in trouble. Ofcourse I have tested this by myself and I can ensure you that it does sound good.

    It has build in gain control (keeps volume to the same level). I will consider to integrate other DSP's in the next version. Thanks a lot for your suggestions!
    I understand that your gain control works fine, however there are still lots of users who are addicted to DSP & VST plugins.
    Users can use for example a MuchFX and combine several other plugins

    In case you don't have a SoundCloud profile, register and make an account. Or register at MixCloud (they cover the royalties of the played music, each file has its own page)
    Upload your audio demo (add demo into the title of your file) and I suppose you can embed it anywhere. If not you share the direct link to the page at SC or MixCloud.

    About the IDs, jingles etc ... Those items can have their own directory with a "neutral" setting.
    That way the IDs gonna play in between without the beatmixing ... the next songs gonna be mixed as they do.

    By the way :
    Member RDJUser knows what he is talking about. He has an important knowledge about this type of software.
    He is also a contributor to the software RadioDJ
    Last edited by GKIye; 09-04-2018 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Typo
    If You Like My Work Which I Have Done For You

    Visit and listen @ BW !



  8. #8

    Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    My biggest concern about my software is that it's not 100% automatic. Users first have to fill the database with songs and must place cue points at the right mix points (intro, break) in the waveform. People are lazy and maybe they don't understand how this works (or it cost to much time to learn).

    @RDJUser: Thanks for sharing on Twitter! And I will reconsider to adjust the demo limits.

    @GKIye: Soundcloud or Mixcloud is a good idea. I will upload a demo mix there when I have some time. And ofcourse you can also try it yourself with the trial version. I don't exactly understand what you mean about the IDs and jingles. For now, a jingle will be automatically mixed in the break, each time after x songs.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •