Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by RDJUser View Post
    By revenue figures for Spotify ec... it would appear so. they want the music they want when they want it it seems. Internet radio traditionally is in decline.
    A "playlist" isn't "radio" nor "Internet radio".

Apparently nobody cares how Apple and Spotify and even iHeart Radio are destroying a key part of human culture.

I wonder how many people here secretly listen to their Spotify accounts...

Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    I use Spotify quite often as it goes. You'd be amazed how much music i discover from people tweeting what they are listening to... My oldies collection is ever growing because of the suggestions I see.

This is the problem you have; you can't always compete against people making playlists or even stations on Spotify. Yes there are so called radio stations on there too.

Streaming music services have been chipping away at Internet radio listener counts since they first emerged And there ain't a FAT LOT YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT..

Lots of stations have gone under this past few years because of licensing problems.
    Proud USER of RadioDJ since 2010

Currently Running RadioDJ on a 32GB Machine

Online: Blog - Twitter - Now Playing

Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    What I'm trying to point out to you is that Internet radio isn't the get rich quick scheme you are looking for.

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    I use Spotify quite often as it goes. You'd be amazed how much music i discover from people tweeting what they are listening to... My oldies collection is ever growing because of the suggestions I see.
    So you are part of "them"...

This is the problem you have; you can't always compete against people making playlists or even stations on Spotify. Yes there are so called radio stations on there too.

Streaming music services have been chipping away at Internet radio listener counts since they first emerged And there ain't a FAT LOT YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT..

Lots of stations have gone under this past few years because of licensing problems.
    Then why bother creating your own Internet radio station? (Especially if YOU are a Spotify fan?!)

And what is the purpose of this forum really?

If even half of the people on here feel like you do about Spotify, then why bother with Internet radio at all?

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    What I'm trying to point out to you is that Internet radio isn't the get rich quick scheme you are looking for.
    I never said anything about getting "rich".

I never said anything about getting anything "quick".

In fact, I'm still not sure anyone here even understands what I am trying to accomplish - although I thought I spelled it out above and in other threads?

It all seems so helpless to me how everyone is giving up on things and just accepting "that is just how the world is..."

When did people become so depressed and without hope?

Amazon, Apple, Google, Facebook, Spotify have to be EATING THIS MENTALITY UP!!

Nothing brings authoritarian institutions into power quicker than when the masses simply give up and acquiesce?!

Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    I'm not debating any further. Yes we've got what you want to do.

Sadly it seems you're not able to handle the answers that have been given to you.

It may work it may not... We don't have a Crystal ball to see what the future MIGHT bring or if its going to land you lots of listeners.

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    I'm not debating any further. Yes we've got what you want to do.

Sadly it seems you're not able to handle the answers that have been given to you.

It may work it may not... We don't have a Crystal ball to see what the future MIGHT bring or if its going to land you lots of listeners.
    I just find it sad that apparently everyone on this forum has decided that an Internet radio station is only for hobbyists.

Maybe it is impossible to succeed - I don't know.

Just would have expected people that do something to have more hope that a positive outcome is possible.

It's a free world, and you are entitled to your world view.

Just not what I was expecting...

Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    The world of Internet radio is complicated like I said I was just making you aware of possible issues. Go ahead create a station have a go at streaming and see where it takes you. Just don't expect the road to be paved with Gold was all I was trying to get across.

Title
    Junior Broadcaster
    The world of Internet radio is complicated like I said I was just making you aware of possible issues. Go ahead create a station have a go at streaming and see where it takes you. Just don't expect the road to be paved with Gold was all I was trying to get across.
    So nobody in this forum has been able to make a profit from a pure Internet radio station?

That is, everyone here is just a "hobbyist"?

Title
    Avid Broadcaster
    Most of the users around here could be classed as hobbyists that's not a bad thing we all had to start somewhere.

20 years I've been into Internet-radio and Its rare to hear of a station making a profit. Most of the stations I see have begging bowls to cover their costs each month.

Wasn't trying to sugar coat things that's all.

We all have dreams and if that's your dream then go for it... Just be prepared for lot of hard work and the odd disappointment..