Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Title
    I still remember the day when my encoders were running in my studio
    years back.
    Everytime the internet went down or my electrical supply went off
    so did the station.After a while i realised that setting up a server with
    content broadcasting 24/7 was the only way to go.
    Cost never came into it,as it shouldnt if you are serious about broadcasting.
    If you find you cant afford to go 24/7 dont run your own station broadcast via
    someone elses.

This year ive come back to broadcasting(out of retirement) because of the
    next generation of shoutcast tools which are aimed at total control of a 24/7 internet station,scheduling etc,etc.. which was something i could not miss out on

Title
    Imaging Professional

Smile 24/7 365...

Hi Guys..

Well Not been in here for a while...

So streaming..

Well Seeing as i now own The Cute Media Network, Lock Stock And Barrel!!...Broadcasting 24/7 is a must for anyone whom wants to start an online Radio Station..I Stream two Stations,QT FM which is a service that provides listeners with music with presenters and pre recorded shows from the 80's 90's and todays hits...And our Gold Service which is live 24/7 providing an alternative for anyone whom wants to listen to Just music..QT FM Gold...i run 2 streams on each 128/32kbps..Apart from the licencing and the costing,it is very reasonable if you calculate the cost over a year and one which i do not find expensive at all...runs on two sam broadcasters on a 2.4 intel pentuim with an 1.8amd as backup..

Fully produced Jingles for both Stations..aka I-Jingles,which by the way give excellent value for money...also 2Resident Full-Time VO's..

So there ya go...

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year..

Derek.

Cute Media Network.

Title
    I have a fairly decent Internet connection and I stream non-stop 24/7 @ 128Kbps using SAM Broadcaster. My monthly Internet bandwidth bill is the same as it was before I started the station. I still surf the web, download files and do all of the normal stuff while at the same time streaming my station. My entire house on also wireless on this one Internet connection. I use Comcast as my provider. The key here is to select an Internet package that is robust enough to handle streaming a station along with all of the other things you will be doing on the Internet.

Title
    Sad behaviour to see a "." aka "a dot" as reply to somebody his/her posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanRadio1069 View Post
    Visit and listen @ BW !

Title
    Yes. we have been running 24/7 for the past 3 years now. (not unless there is an issue with the servers).

Title
    I stream 24/7. The reason for this is simple: Listeners will not tune in to your station as much when you are live, if the stream appears to not be working when you are not live. If I as a listener tune in to a radio and there is no stream, I will leave the station and most likely never tune in again.

We use a VPS with a shoutcastserver running 24/7, and we broadcast to the server from a virtual PC set up on our private server. It's cheap, effective, and keeps the listeners come back for more.

Title
    Yes we do. The original indieco.re radio streamed 24/7 (since 2007) and so does the reincarnation! We host our servers in Chicago off a 1gbps line. We use an automated dj until one of our human dj's goes live. Then after we switch right back.

Pretty seamless. We also released some mobiles apps, so 24/7 is the only way.
    indieco.re radio - Detroit's and internet's sickest radio station
    http://indieco.re | http://app.indieco.re - iPhone/iPad & Android app

My station streams 24/7 as well..

Our stream provider does not offer an "AutoDJ" service, so we leave all of our machines on.

Like the other posts said, the cost really isn't that bad if you turn off everything BESIDES the main broadcasting computer. All of our mixers, microphones, monitors, etc. are all off.

24/7 is definitely the way to go.

Title
    We are running 24/7 here at our studio with UPS battery backup protection on the studio servers and the FM transmitter. We also use a dedicated 100MBps fibre connection from the studio to our streaming host, which gives us a huge overhead of upload on our bandwidth to prevent buffering on our outgoing stream.
    Reverend Aquaman | Station Manager | andHow.FM
    Where it's *ALL* about the music!
    A world-class, always eclectic, commercial-free, alternative, modern, retro, indie rock radio station.
    Jamming the free world, one person at a time since 1998. Got Indie?