Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Title
    They went down on us for over a week .They never got back to us to let us know why .And by us I mean every user of their service

Title
    thank you

Title
    Hi interesting reading this thread - is there other software for the Mac? that other users are using?

Rather have "paid for" versions than free ...

Title
    centovacast v3 period.

Title
    Hi there,

I just found this forum through Google. I am a Mac user and like to add "MegaSeg Pro" (www.megaseg.com) to the list - if it has not already been mentioned somewhere else. I use Megaseg as Player and Mic-Control-SW for my shows on www.secondradio.de. MegaSeg has quite advanced playlist automation functions, including rules and things. Unfortuntely it does not have a broadcast server, like Shoutcast or Icecast. But on Mac the shareware "Nicecast" as individual software solution is THE standard. Rock solid and very versatile - it allows access to all the VST and AU sound plugins you might have. Actually Mac OSX offers quite a lot of reasonable quality plug-ins, like multiband compressors, all kinds of EQs, side chain compressors, etc.. as part of the standard installation. This is a widely unknown feature set of OSX. I also have some professional sound plugins, which I use for music production. Also these are fully accessible by Nicecast and can be integrated in the audio process chain. SecondRadio.de uses the web-based "CentovaCast" for AutoDJ and scheduled broadcasts, when nobody is live on air. Therefore we don't need MegaSeg's versatile scheduling functions. But they are all there, which makes the big difference to the typical DJ players available out there. My complete setup runs on a Mac Mini driving two displays, one for MegaSeg, the other one for Nicecast, the Focusrite Saffire Mixer control and the Nicecast plug-ins. The picture below shows my colleague Sachse during a live broadcast from the "RezzDays 2011" in Berlin, Germany's biggest community event for virtual worlds.
    RezzDays 2011 Sachse.jpg
    For this event we used my Mac setup instead the SAM installations most other mods in SecondRadio use, as my setup is most versatile and works flawless. MegaSeg is not for free, it is even not cheap, but costs less than SAM and is really worth the money, I must say. SAM has an extraordinary set of features. But honestly, the best is to switch off all sound plug ins right from the beginning. This massively improves the sound! ;-) Of course you can use one or the other with very careful settings, but the defaults just sound terrible to my ears. On the other hand even the standard plug-in set provided with Mac OSX sounds quite OK. The combination of Megaseg Pro and Nicecast for me is the Mac alternative to Windows-only SAM.

I am happy to share my experience with MegaSeg and Nicecast with you, if anybody is interested.

Regards
    Rush
    Last edited by Rush; 06-23-2011 at 06:57 AM.

Title
    i recommend Otsav pro...

Title
    Hi Guys! I use Mb Studio, an Italian Radio automation software. is not free but very good quality / price ratio
    www.mbsoft.biz

Title
    Banned
    Hey there,this is Frankyh,glad to join this forum and glad to meet you here

Title
    Another add: http://www.caliope.eu

Title
    Thanks