Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Title
    Imaging Professional

Re: what do the pro's use?

I personally prefer to use soundforge when I am working with audio or recording anything. It is just a much easier way of getting the audio you want coming with professional level quality.

That's just me though.

-Patrick

Title
    Imaging Professional

I personally prefer to use soundforge when I am working with audio or recording anything. It is just a much easier way of getting the audio you want coming with professional level quality.

That's just me though.

-Patrick

Title

Up-All-Night productions and Criteria Studios in Miami (and American Idol i hear) use DigiDesign ProTools which is an excellent but expensive Studio Program. Lots of bells and whistles on that one. For the home musician probably CakeWalk and Sonar would be the best choices and i've used both, if you've ever heard of "Arockalypse and the Amazing TransMetropolitans" Chris Bray created his entire debut album with Cakewalk...then went out to find musicians for a band! For the musician on a tight budget i'd say Acoustica Mixcraft or Beatcraft depending on what you plan to record. Of course the software is important but the hardware should be first rate if you plan to record your own music and instruments.

MADcHATTER

Title

Up-All-Night productions and Criteria Studios in Miami (and American Idol i hear) use DigiDesign ProTools which is an excellent but expensive Studio Program. Lots of bells and whistles on that one. For the home musician probably CakeWalk and Sonar would be the best choices and i've used both, if you've ever heard of "Arockalypse and the Amazing TransMetropolitans" Chris Bray created his entire debut album with Cakewalk...then went out to find musicians for a band! For the musician on a tight budget i'd say Acoustica Mixcraft or Beatcraft depending on what you plan to record. Of course the software is important but the hardware should be first rate if you plan to record your own music and instruments.

MADcHATTER

Title
    Imaging Professional

I use both Sonar 7 PE and Adobe Audition. Audition is easy to use, no doubt about it. It is the program I go to for easy and quick projects. I prefer Sonar for other, more extensive projects.

Pro Tools is becoming the industry favorite, though you will shell out a lot of money for it. Someday I may invest in Pro Tools. In the meantime, I do like Sonar 7.

Title
    Imaging Professional

I use both Sonar 7 PE and Adobe Audition. Audition is easy to use, no doubt about it. It is the program I go to for easy and quick projects. I prefer Sonar for other, more extensive projects.

Pro Tools is becoming the industry favorite, though you will shell out a lot of money for it. Someday I may invest in Pro Tools. In the meantime, I do like Sonar 7.

Title
    I have been using Sound Forge for simple audio editing, and Reaper for my multi-track production demos. The challenge for me has been Mastering software. Been eyeing Ableton Live or Pro Tools, but that's a mighty budget swing for me at the moment.

Title
    To master your files use Izotope with the setting "CD Master"
    To old files - after making an audio restoration - adding "Warm Mids" by using Izotope is recommended
    Most of Us are using Adobe Audition (aka AA)
    AA has a lot of plugins to restore, edit etc Your files ...
    Quote Originally Posted by bnawtee View Post
    I have been using Sound Forge for simple audio editing, and Reaper for my multi-track production demos. The challenge for me has been Mastering software. Been eyeing Ableton Live or Pro Tools, but that's a mighty budget swing for me at the moment.
    Visit and listen @ BW !

Title
    I'll give up Adobe Audition when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.