Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Title

what do the pro's use?

I've been wondering what music production software programs that the famous musicians use. Are they in the same boat as us, e.g. they use Pro Tools, Cubase, FL Studio, Reason, Ableton, etc, etc.

(ofcourse they have the million dollar studio, but besides that) Or do they have there own very special sparkley programs that your average Joe either doesn't know about or can't afford to use. Kind of like a race car drivers.

Title
    Administrator

Re: what do the pro's use?

i wonder aswel.. we have some voice pros around.. they should tell us haha
    they work in the industry!

Baabaa Productions

Hi I mainly produce VO's so I use my trusty Cool Edit Pro which is a great programme. I spend my money on up to date effects, beds and sound effects. If I was to update my software I would go for Adobe Audition 3 which has got rave reviews. Hope this helps.

Mark

Title
    Administrator

aaaaaah i forgot about adobe audition!

i have cool edit pro still :( damn its sooo expensive.

Title
    Imaging Professional

Well I can safely say,it depends what your needs are and what software you can afford,Best By Far is Adobe Audition v3.The one i use...alot of people always ask me how do you get everything to flow on the final mixdown without it sounding compressed,yes it can be rather confusing so for anyone wanting to know how i do it...Please read on...

Firstly start up Adobe(Obviously),go into multi-track mode put all your audio in to the Multritracks,then here comes the good part...make sure your voice carries on the audio over the effects etc...higher the volume on each vocal segment you use...to around +4.8 making sure that it does not overmodulate...next drop all the effects to around -2.7 to -3.8 depending on what u use,music beds around -6.2 comfortable as it may seem listening to it like this will make you think,is this gonna work..well it should,ok Mix Down to Stereo..it will then open up in Wave Edit as we know....now don't eq-it ok...if you have the Plug-In Roger Nicholls Finis...Ideally no pro should be with out it...quite expensive but a brilliant piece of software to work with... Select VST then find Finis ok open finis...it will highlight your audio...select occasional overs from the Effect Presets Box at the top...Adjust In Gain to 3db...Adjust the Ceiling Parameter to -40db then try your Mix and if your happy with it save it...Pure experimentation..but that is the way i do it...and works well on all of my custom Products...

Just a little insight in how to get the best out of your audio Software...

Google Search Roger Nicholls Finis...you'll be amazed at the price of the plug-In,certainly worth the money...if you want your mixes to Ideally Sound Fantastic..

Derek

Title
    Imaging Professional

Derek was correct in everything he said, but, the only advantage I've found with Adobe Audition is the user-friendliness. You can do everything you need to and a hell of a lot more on Pro Tools, only thing is, the learning curve is much steeper, as is the price! Pro Tools has fined tuned the simplest tasks to make them sound better. A simple tool such as time stretch/compress works so much better in Pro Tools than AA or CEP. I've used both for a long time now and Pro Tools would be my choice if you were serious about being in the industry (and your wallet can handle it!). Just my two cents! :upz:

Boxovoices

Title

I find the best package to suit my needs is Acoustica MixCraft 4. Unlimited tracks, is compatible with most VSTs and DSPs, and is extremely robust for its price.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by dj.plazma
    I find the best package to suit my needs is Acoustica MixCraft 4. Unlimited tracks, is compatible with most VSTs and DSPs, and is extremely robust for its price.
    hmm, looks good. i will look

Title

Quote Originally Posted by dj.plazma
    hmm, looks good. i will look

Title