Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Therew as never a site for aussies that you had to pay royalties.
    What about APRA? For webcasters - a minimum of $A4488 a year?

Title
    These rates are almost equal to mob tactics or protection money, not only do we have to pay on the per listener but we have to pay a % on how much we make in income and get this expense as well. That's more money we have to pay out to these old don't want to see to the future suits.

Title

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mott Productions View Post
    The royalty fees are way too high. It is killing internet radio.
    I agree! Internet radio almost died in May 2007 when they were going to increase royalty payments by 300%. Terrestrial stations pay less yet they rech an audience like 5 times bigger than ours! The record companies are getting money greedy and in return it is scaring away stations that want to be legitimate. This is making it hard for anyone who wants to broadcast on the internet legally. Sure, you can do it illegally but the illegal stations are usuallyu fly by night and do not last long. If you want legal work done for you for a small monthly fee, I reccomend SWcast, who I use, they are kind of like loudcity, and for only $9.95 a month they do all the legal work and royalty payments for you. Over 100 stations use them including me. www.swcast.net

Title
    I also use SWCast.net. They are ok. Customer service could use some improvement, but the price is right. The only problem with them is that they only cover your USA obligations.

Still waiting for a truly GLOBAL solution to Royalty Payments
    SpazzRadio.com

Home of Absolute Rockz, Absolute Spazz, Always HOT Country, and Absolute Hitz