Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Title

Live Remotes?

I was just curious if any other internet stations have tried doing live remote broadcasts. We recently went to AgapeFest, a Christian country music festival, in Jefferson, Texas. We set up in a high-traffic area, met a lot of artists (and scored a lot of interviews as well as a lot of free CDs), and got a lot of exposure for the station.

At the end of the Festival, we moved indoors to the media booth at the 2008 Fan Appreciation Awards show, got a line from the TV crew's audio board, and carried the show live on the Internet as well as recorded it for future re-broadcast.

All it takes is a good WiFi connection, which we were lucky enough to have at both venues.

Title

Live Remotes?

I was just curious if any other internet stations have tried doing live remote broadcasts. We recently went to AgapeFest, a Christian country music festival, in Jefferson, Texas. We set up in a high-traffic area, met a lot of artists (and scored a lot of interviews as well as a lot of free CDs), and got a lot of exposure for the station.

At the end of the Festival, we moved indoors to the media booth at the 2008 Fan Appreciation Awards show, got a line from the TV crew's audio board, and carried the show live on the Internet as well as recorded it for future re-broadcast.

All it takes is a good WiFi connection, which we were lucky enough to have at both venues.

Title
    Administrator

Re: Live Remotes?

wow, looks great! i was live at a concert a few months back and that was pretty good, i got a few volunteers to grab a wireless mic and go out on the field. i got over 1000 listenters that night

Title
    Administrator

wow, looks great! i was live at a concert a few months back and that was pretty good, i got a few volunteers to grab a wireless mic and go out on the field. i got over 1000 listenters that night

Title

iWebRadio.com does a live remote every New Years from St. Louis. Costs being prohibitive these days, I dont know if we'll be able to do it this year or not.

We'll have to see

Title

iWebRadio.com does a live remote every New Years from St. Louis. Costs being prohibitive these days, I dont know if we'll be able to do it this year or not.

We'll have to see

Title

I'm looking a doing a Live OB at a festival I'm part of the crew for.

Only problem with it is that that the house with the internet is almost 1000m away from the festival site...

Could lead to some interesting wireless setup :p

Title

I'm looking a doing a Live OB at a festival I'm part of the crew for.

Only problem with it is that that the house with the internet is almost 1000m away from the festival site...

Could lead to some interesting wireless setup :p

Title
    Administrator

we used wireless internet by a hosting provider, you know one of those 3G networks. Its cheap

Title
    Administrator

we used wireless internet by a hosting provider, you know one of those 3G networks. Its cheap