Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Title

Question regarding those using SAM

Im sure some in here use Sam Broadcaster or have heard about it? Anyone familiar with it? Have a question.

I use shoutcast for my station on our host, but Ive heard so many rave about how good Sam is, but what Ive actually been looking for is a program that works similar to AudioTime, to where when no one is in the studio here to run the station, we kinda need it to run on auto pilot, otherwise right now, it pretty much shuffles stuff around in our audio library.

However, later down the road with MixFM101 goes on the internet, we want certain ads, commercials, pre-recorded talk shows, etc to play at a certain time during the day, but at the same time, not to cut into a song currently playing, but rather fade out the song, THEN start whichever track was scheduled to play at the time its set.

Anyone know of a software or application that can do this while working with winamp or Sam?

Thanks,

The Who in Whoville

Title

Question regarding those using SAM

Im sure some in here use Sam Broadcaster or have heard about it? Anyone familiar with it? Have a question.

I use shoutcast for my station on our host, but Ive heard so many rave about how good Sam is, but what Ive actually been looking for is a program that works similar to AudioTime, to where when no one is in the studio here to run the station, we kinda need it to run on auto pilot, otherwise right now, it pretty much shuffles stuff around in our audio library.

However, later down the road with MixFM101 goes on the internet, we want certain ads, commercials, pre-recorded talk shows, etc to play at a certain time during the day, but at the same time, not to cut into a song currently playing, but rather fade out the song, THEN start whichever track was scheduled to play at the time its set.

Anyone know of a software or application that can do this while working with winamp or Sam?

Thanks,

The Who in Whoville

Title

Re: Question regarding those using SAM

Quote Originally Posted by James
    Direttore has the option of choosing an audio file sceduling for a time of day/week/month/year and will play it either after the song or will fade out the song and play the file you selected.

Not sure about SAM
    Ohhh, DUUUH. DT. Yah, Ive heard of that app. Thanks James! You tha man.

Title
    Administrator

Direttore has the option of choosing an audio file sceduling for a time of day/week/month/year and will play it either after the song or will fade out the song and play the file you selected.

Not sure about SAM

Title

Quote Originally Posted by James

Not sure about SAM
    Ohhh, DUUUH. DT. Yah, Ive heard of that app. Thanks James! You tha man.

Title
    Administrator

Not sure about SAM

Title

Quote Originally Posted by 1Radio
    Hi.
    All of this is achievable in SAM with some PAL scripting and playlists. Take a look at the documentation - yeah I know ;) - there are plenty of examples of scheduling songs, crossfading between tracks etc.
    Unfortunately, I cant offer any help with PAL as its not my speciality - I'm more a DB person with SAMDB and MYSQL.
    Regards
    Tim
    Well, I wouldnt have a clue where to start when it comes to Pal scripting. All I wanna do is use our server here and play it on Shoutcast, but with winamp, you cant do much with it, except run it manual. Theres no set options to schedule tracks, shows, and mixes at certain times during the day, month, year, time, etc.

So from what Im hearing off 3 websites, it appears Sam does the trick. I just hope its not hard to learn it. Took me FOREVER to figure out how to program winamp to play on shoutcast using our server. Was horrible. And everyone around was like saying "OH ITS SOOOO EASY TO USE WINAMP WITH SHOUTCAST" Whooo hoo hoooooooooo!

Title

Hi.
    All of this is achievable in SAM with some PAL scripting and playlists. Take a look at the documentation - yeah I know ;) - there are plenty of examples of scheduling songs, crossfading between tracks etc.
    Unfortunately, I cant offer any help with PAL as its not my speciality - I'm more a DB person with SAMDB and MYSQL.
    Regards
    Tim

Title

Quote Originally Posted by 1Radio
    Hi.
    Regards
    Tim
    Well, I wouldnt have a clue where to start when it comes to Pal scripting. All I wanna do is use our server here and play it on Shoutcast, but with winamp, you cant do much with it, except run it manual. Theres no set options to schedule tracks, shows, and mixes at certain times during the day, month, year, time, etc.

So from what Im hearing off 3 websites, it appears Sam does the trick. I just hope its not hard to learn it. Took me FOREVER to figure out how to program winamp to play on shoutcast using our server. Was horrible. And everyone around was like saying "OH ITS SOOOO EASY TO USE WINAMP WITH SHOUTCAST" Whooo hoo hoooooooooo!

Title

Hi.
    Regards
    Tim