Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Title
    Administrator

Who are you covered with royalty wise?

Who are you covered with?
    Its best to be legal than in jail, and it looks like its hotting up and they are craching down on it!

Loudcity? PPcA? Tell us!

Title
    Webradioworld

Title
    Hey Guys, Im from the UK and my target audience is the UK so i cant go with loudcity or live365 as they only cover US and mainly US listners, i could swing and say i am targeting the US but its a bit dodgey, is there anyother sites like LoudCity which cover the UK, im in despret need or im looking at 300 a year for license, when im 100% non profit, and have to pay anouther 100 on top for ads to get money back

this is no surprise why so many go pirate, im seriosly thinking about it.

if they want people to have a license they should make it resonable for the average internet station.

Cobby

Title
    Administrator
    Might be worth looking at this It can be cheap if you do it right, PPL aus has options for peopler who run a station that is only for a target audience. And its cheap!

I will look at the UK ppl and ppca/mcps for you!
    Good luck, tell us how you go!

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobby View Post
    Hey Guys, Im from the UK and my target audience is the UK so i cant go with loudcity or live365 as they only cover US and mainly US listners, i could swing and say i am targeting the US but its a bit dodgey, is there anyother sites like LoudCity which cover the UK, im in despret need or im looking at 300 a year for license, when im 100% non profit, and have to pay anouther 100 on top for ads to get money back

this is no surprise why so many go pirate, im seriosly thinking about it.

if they want people to have a license they should make it resonable for the average internet station.

Cobby
    Im from the uk m8 i am with web radio world The PPL told me about them and they will cover you for over 40 countries try them www.webradioworld.com

Title
    iv seen http://www.swcast.net/licensing-uk/ but i will give them a ring tomorrow to check on things, its a right bitch to find things for the UK, PPL contacted me, thats why, and they want near 200 and so on and and extra 100 for advertising to even pay for it its a right rip off, for the UK and so complicated, there are thousands of stations without licenses if they made it a reasonable price less people will go pirate most people would rather be legal, i know i do, but if its costing 300 a year i cant afford it on a non profit station.

Cobby

Title
    with webradio world can i broadcast at 128kbps?

Thanks, i and i cant see much about the uk or how to sign up on there?

does that fully cover everything?

i dont dont want to be cought out.

Title
    iv just send webradioworld an email, can i use my own server on there license?

what do you do jkemr?

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobby View Post
    iv just send webradioworld an email, can i use my own server on there license?

what do you do jkemr?
    Not to sure m8 ask them the guys name is Dan he is a very easy guy to talk to and will help in anyway he can m8.

Title
    Administrator
    Any other providers we can think of?