Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Title
    I built a flash player to test as I normally just embed WMP. The player I built includes now playing etc. It does tend to continually use more resources from my pc. I'm not a normal pc user as I work my pc extremely hard. Given that, the cpu usage may not be noticeable for an average listener.

I'm looking at silverlight .. I've had it on the pc a while just no time to look at it.

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronsnet View Post
    Oh but it does. I have tried flash with shoutcast myself and slowly seen the cpu meter climb throughout the day. I would recommend trying a silverlight player as an alt.
    Quote Originally Posted by wildun View Post
    I built a flash player to test as I normally just embed WMP. The player I built includes now playing etc. It does tend to continually use more resources from my pc. I'm not a normal pc user as I work my pc extremely hard. Given that, the cpu usage may not be noticeable for an average listener.

I'm looking at silverlight .. I've had it on the pc a while just no time to look at it.
    I've tried the Silverlight Dev Kit for Windows, and unless one of you guys can get it working, I had uninstalled it because it was a complete frustration trying to get a simple streaming player to build...I followed all the instructions, and still nothing, so I gave up on it after a week of dev work...

Title
    Great idea, ive been looking for something like this for ages... I would purchase somethign like this if i could customise the code, layout etc

On a different note, i have a site that streams video with Windows Media Encoder, currently we are using the standard windows media player in our php pages. Would a flash player like yours work for streaming video via WME?? i.e. use this player instead of windows media player to play our video?

Hope this makes sense

Regards
    Tom

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronsnet View Post
    Oh but it does. I have tried flash with shoutcast myself and slowly seen the cpu meter climb throughout the day. I would recommend trying a silverlight player as an alt.
    I need a silverlight player for shoutcast, very basic thought just the play button/pause button and volume control. If anyone know about any silverlight player please let me know about it.

Title
    Fanatic Broadcaster
    I think $65 is a good price for me anyway as i am in the uk so around 40 for me. There are products on the market for this but none as cheap, well not that ive found yet !
    So i'd be up for it . <(*_*<)

Check us out www.itsjustradio.org

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by WayneOwens View Post
    I've tried the Silverlight Dev Kit for Windows, and unless one of you guys can get it working, I had uninstalled it because it was a complete frustration trying to get a simple streaming player to build...I followed all the instructions, and still nothing, so I gave up on it after a week of dev work...
    To be honest I haven't had time to do anything with silverlight, To many projects in the frying pan. I have tested other players made with it and was impressed. When things settle down I'll try building a player with it, if it works as well as the ones I tested I'll share it.

Title
    Please do wildun...I'd like to see it to really see where I coulda went wrong....however, if Karl is still working on those players, I'm still up in the air when I may be able to get one, because I may be getting that oh so unforgettable LOAN!!!! to pay some bills, and the make my station commercially sound and on the airwaves....so in the distant future....you may see Highway 40 Country as WNIH on the FM dial in the North Carolina area....(right now it's just a dream, but hey I've found some sites that can help me out...)

Title
    Senior Broadcaster
    SESAC makes me angry with commercial regulation. VERY ANGRY!
    KNSJ.org / 89.1 FM San Diego